McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be interesting if this all comes down to, "Shady saw a guy with his hands around his friend's throat and took a swing and missed," and that's all they can tie him to.

I'm certainly not saying that's what happened, but if it is, would Goodell suspend a guy for simply being out and trying to defend a friend -- IF there's no evidence of anything else?

You know what they say about power and corruption.

We're at a point where society is very aware of the power that the police have, and the power that the rich have. It's somewhat interesting seeing the two intersect in this instance.

Good post

my bet is , money wins!

Should be interesting if this all comes down to, "Shady saw a guy with his hands around his friend's throat and took a swing and missed," and that's all they can tie him to.

I'm certainly not saying that's what happened, but if it is, would Goodell suspend a guy for simply being out and trying to defend a friend -- IF there's no evidence of anything else?

wrong place wrong time, bad look for the NFL and after all the hoopla of late?

yep.

Yep, this could be interesting. If Shady doesn't get arrested and all we're left with is contradictory accounts, what can Roger do?

Right not it seems possible Shady (1) only acted in defense of his friend, and (2) didn't actually make contact.

I'm not sure I believe that version of events and Goodell might doubt it too. But in the absence of conclusive evidence, I don't think he can suspend Shady.

Goodell has been accused in the past of overstepping his authority. He may want to be cautious here in meting out NFL justice.

Ok, So coming from someone that doesn't see McCoy as a class act and an overpaid RB.....He should and probably will get off on this. The police will be slapped on the wrist and this will be swept under the covers. That said I hope this season McCoy will also miss on the field.

Yep, this could be interesting. If Shady doesn't get arrested and all we're left with is contradictory accounts, what can Roger do?

Whatever Roger wants.

Something happened, and a player was involved, therefore discipline is warranted.

Whatever Roger wants.

Something happened, and a player was involved, therefore discipline is warranted.

It almost doesn't matter Tom. He is probably going to get jammed up again, ESPECIALLY if he gets away with this. I would put money on it.

Did Cromartie and Travis Henry stop having kids with 10 women? Did Johnny Manziel stop drinking and getting in trouble?

We both know that people truly are capable of change, but I see that McCoy continues to bring attention to himself, and this is usually a not so great thing for athletes (and btw it isn't such a good idea for cops).

It almost doesn't matter Tom. He is probably going to get jammed up again, ESPECIALLY if he gets away with this. I would put money on it.

Did Cromartie and Travis Henry stop having kids with 10 women? Did Johnny Manziel stop drinking and getting in trouble?

We both know that people truly are capable of change, but I see that McCoy continues to bring attention to himself, and this is usually a not so great thing for athletes (and btw it isn't such a good idea for cops).

except for not tipping at a restaurant are there other legal issues mccoy has been involved in? cause manziel started getting in trouble in college. henry never caused trouble until he left the league but he did fail a drug test. cromartie has never been in trouble except for having enough kids to field a defense. one time in trouble does not make a pattern

Shady is not an exemplary human being but he tends to get into small-time trouble rather than big-time trouble. He's not snorting coke, waving guns around, or beating up his girlfriend as far as we know.

Is a headache? Yeah, sometimes. Should we cut him? Not based on what I know.

Shady is not an exemplary human being but he tends to get into small-time trouble rather than big-time trouble. He's not snorting coke, waving guns around, or beating up his girlfriend as far as we know.

Is a headache? Yeah, sometimes. Should we cut him? Not based on what I know.

check out what's going on on Gronk's party ship. 50:1 female to male ratio, non disclosures and Gronk offering 10k to a couple to do the actual deed in front of everyone. It's so adorable when Gronk does it., right? Everyone laughs and thinks he's the GOAT? Shady's life is not my style but people act like he's a huge problem and ignore other players who are the same or worse. He's not been suspended for anything in the past. He's not the sharpest at certain times with what he says. That's true. Edited by YoloinOhio

except for not tipping at a restaurant are there other legal issues mccoy has been involved in? cause manziel started getting in trouble in college. henry never caused trouble until he left the league but he did fail a drug test. cromartie has never been in trouble except for having enough kids to field a defense. one time in trouble does not make a pattern

There was an issue over kicking a woman off his "party bus" at a NJT rest stop, she sued claiming McCoy's henchman restrained her and they both poured water on her. No criminal charges and the civil suit didn't seem to go anywhere, McCoy characterized it as a "money grab", which it may in fact have been. No second incidents of like behavior have come out.

I wouldn't describe the issue of a $0.02 tip as "other legal troubles", it's not illegal to tip poorly. It's a PR issue for sure. Again no second incidents of similar behavior.

That kind of looks to me like a chap who is struggling to come to terms with his celebrity status and realize that the spotlight is never off and he will face scrutiny for every choice and action.

Nothing at all approaching public fighting/brawling that has come out before AFAIK, and I'm sure people are looking hard for it. It amazes me when people go off on how we should have known McCoy was trouble get rid of him, he's not worth it, Kelly traded him because he wasn't worth the trouble, etc etc etc as though he has a long pattern of this behavior I don't see it. To Bill from NYC, I'm not sure that "continues to bring attention to himself" really counts as a troublesome pattern.

If McCoy does get off, I do hope that someone sits him down and explains the facts of life to him: from this day forward, Philly clubs are off limits to him as a "party town". Rent a house and have private parties if he wants to treat his homies, stay off the streets. He will be a marked man in the eyes of the Philly police force from now on, and if they can bring him in for a violation of an obscure ordinance against "public sneezing" they will. If they can manipulate a situation to put him in trouble, they will. Nothing personal, Shady, but if you make 3 of Philly's finest look like fools, they will be watching you to see if they can return the favor.

Edited by Hopeful

check out what's going on on Gronk's party ship. 50:1 female to male ratio, non disclosures and Gronk offering 10k to a couple to do the actual deed in front of everyone. It's so adorable when Gronk does it., right? Everyone laughs and thinks he's the GOAT? Shady's life is not my style but people act like he's a huge problem and ignore other players who are the same or worse. He's not been suspended for anything in the past. He's not the sharpest at certain times with what he says. That's true.

Is it because he's the clean cut all American? The stereotype appearance of what society wants our athletes to look like?

Is it because he's the clean cut all American? The stereotype appearance of what society wants our athletes to look like?

Maybe it's because he gets better advice on how to go about doing his dirt. If McCoy left any mention of the Buffalo Bills and refrained from using the team logo his little party wouldn't have got as much attention.

Gronk is out of control but someone keeps his ass in line. You see his exploits surrounded by charity visits and smiling kids. I can't recall him ever leaving a 10 cent tip or whatever it was...stuff like that changes people's perception of athletes.

Once your perceived to be the bad guy your guilty in the court of public opinion. Gronk partied with Manziel regularly....who got the bad press? The bad guy of course.