Manning retired... Indy statue in future

BuffaloBill

144 members have voted

1. 1. Will Peyton retire on a wave of good fortune?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ends it with "Omaha"

Class act.

I know, wasn't that cool? It's funny as 30 years from now we'll all remember the Brady/Manning duels for all of these years. It's like you don't realize how special something is until it's gone for a time. Like our SB Bills.

Nice speech. really well done.

The woman who asked Peyton about the Tennessee stuff and the article on ESPN about him retiring at the right time amid these scandals....

Both of that writer and her can go !@#$ themselves. I get that it's a news story, but not today. Just no respect for that kind of journalism

peyton Manning Bills next president of football operations.

I doubt it. But wouldn't it be nice?

Peyton was a very mental-football player. I don't doubt for a moment he could convert his field-mental-skills to football-ops-mgt-skills.

But it won't be in Buffalo. He will get another ring as GM somewhere.

The woman who asked Peyton about the Tennessee stuff and the article on ESPN about him retiring at the right time amid these scandals....

Both of that writer and her can go !@#$ themselves. I get that it's a news story, but not today. Just no respect for that kind of journalism

I agree actually. As a former journalist you have to know there is a time to ask those questions and a time to applaud a guy off the stage. Today was the latter.

I'm not a flashy numbers and "it is all about the passing game" type guy. But there were days when watching Manning surgically dismantle a defense was more like watching art than sport. A true genius, a true great and a player who I suspect my generation will hark on to our grandkids about in the same way that a previous generation does with Unitas.

Edited by GunnerBill

I doubt it. But wouldn't it be nice?

Peyton was a very mental-football player. I don't doubt for a moment he could convert his field-mental-skills to football-ops-mgt-skills.

But it won't be in Buffalo. He will get another ring as GM somewhere.

I don't see why this would be the case automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless, of course, it's your daughter.............

Agreed....good god, what is wrong with people. Almost as bad as the FSU fans and their undying defense of Crabman the Rapist. I hope they put up a statue of Ol' Fivehead in Indy......likely with this detail (from the "Bronco" statue at Denver Airport??!!) as a celebration of who he really is.

x4MXBI9h.jpg

I'm sorry, but everything about that Denver airport is really f'ed up.

Edited by Garranimal

Agreed....good god, what is wrong with people. Almost as bad as the FSU fans and their undying defense of Crabman the Rapist. I hope they put up a statue of Ol' Fivehead in Indy......likely with this detail (from the "Bronco" statue at Denver Airport??!!) as a celebration of who he really is.

x4MXBI9h.jpg

it is the mary janes allow this insanity.

thanks for the up close reminder

Edited by 3rdand12

x4MXBI9h.jpg

they have some really snazzy flash mob dancing, though.

i caught it on the radio in the car... And actually had tears in my eyes. Mostly when he was talking about the "little things" he will miss toward the end. So good.

Me too Yolo. Weird to think of an NFL without #18. I loved those little things he said he missed. Some funny ones like when Saturday had Montezumas revenge in Mexico and asked the coach if we could line up in shotgun more.

I'm going to really miss him.