Nix on Fitz ("wanted to keep him") and EJ (still believes)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Buddy isn't alone.

@RyanTalbotBills

Rex Ryan isn't done with EJ Manuel as Tyrod Taylor's backup http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1640420-rex-ryan-im-not-done-ej-manuel

Caet-UEWIAA3Syp.jpg

“I’m not done with EJ Manuel, either," Ryan said. "I think EJ’s got the talent, the size and all that stuff. Sometimes, just guys take a little bit longer to develop, so we’ll see how that goes.”

Although he has some of the intangibles that you look for in an NFL QB, it's hard to believe that things will just click for Manuel in 2016. Manuel's biggest issue has been his accuracy and it's unlikely that he can fix his accuracy enough to be a quality starter or backup in the league.

He believes in Manuel? That's great. He should get together with posters here who tell us how good Rex Ryan is. They could hold seminars that include speeches by the Tooth Fairy.

But Ryan Mallett still has a chance!!! :) jk, and I still believe in the tooth fairy!

I'm one of the last crazy people but minus that 4 minute stretch of the worst football ever played, he was the perfect backup. Pick a guy in the 4th or later and we're fine for next year.

But Ryan Mallett still has a chance!!! :) jk, and I still believe in the tooth fairy!

I'm one of the last crazy people but minus that 4 minute stretch of the worst football ever played, he was the perfect backup. Pick a guy in the 4th or later and we're fine for next year.

which means he's a good backup until he has to play

EJ falls short in many areas including ability to read a defense, and ability to anticipate where to throw open a receiver. He has made strides primarily in stepping into his throws but he seems to be the type of QB who is a life long number 2. That's not a bad job, if he can step in compete & win some games he will have a nice long career.

Why is that assclown Nix even have any relevance anymore? He was the worst GM in team history, and had no business ever being in the position.

On top of all that, his arrogance was astounding! You would think he had picked multiple all-pros, the way he acted and talked down to people.

Go away, Buddy, I never want to hear from you or your stupid "twang" ever again.

I am in there with you in the looney bin, cause i agree EJ can be a great backup and get you to .500 as a part time starter. After all, he did bring them back to actually have the lead London...after the worst 4 minutes played by a team outside of 77 seconds of hell inside the Ralph in 90.

Always wonder how things would have turned out if Nix was not punked on the phone and he was never heard calling Fitz a backup at best...

I am in there with you in the looney bin, cause i agree EJ can be a great backup and get you to .500 as a part time starter. After all, he did bring them back to actually have the lead London...after the worst 4 minutes played by a team outside of 77 seconds of hell inside the Ralph in 90.

Always wonder how things would have turned out if Nix was not punked on the phone and he was never heard calling Fitz a backup at best...

In a perfect world, Fitz would have been the bridge/ mentor qb. He would have been awesome in that role. Gailey/ Nix's biggest mistake was not picking a qb earlier to groom behind Fitz.

What choice does he have? The Bills are not likely to draft a QB high nor sign a QB FA of significance.

Yeah, it always strikes me as funny that anyone ever reads anything into a member of the current staff - or those close to them - saying anything positive about current players, coaches or front office people. Wow! The guy who drafted EJ thinks he could be good! Shocking!