Source: Colin Kaepernick wants out of SF, in with J-e-t-s

YoloinOhio

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Original source of it was NY Daily News and there are many examples of them just making stuff up but does that it make it any different than Buffalo's local papers?

That is a horrible paper, even by tabloid standards. At least the Post doesn't take itself seriously and actually has some decent columnists (especially sports and business).

Ross Tucker on NFL Radio this am: Tyrod Taylor is a much better quarterback than Kaepernick.

I realize that their current form is important and by that standard Taylor is playing better, but lets keep in mind that Kaepernick was playing at a very high level just three seasons ago. He was a major factor in SFs Super Bowl run. He has every measurable you could want and he didn't suddenly forget how to play.

I realize that their current form is important and by that standard Taylor is playing better, but lets keep in mind that Kaepernick was playing at a very high level just three seasons ago. He was a major factor in SFs Super Bowl run. He has every measurable you could want and he didn't suddenly forget how to play.

RG3 was effective his rookie year. SO who gives a sht.

Kaepernick sucks. NFL teams have figured him out and thats why QBs like him and RG3 will never succeed at this level. DC's are too smart.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

RG3 was effective his rookie year. SO who gives a sht.

Kaepernick sucks. NFL teams have figured him out and thats why QBs like him and RG3 will never succeed at this level. DC's are too smart.

I think your "analysis" is way too simplistic.

Taylor is also a "QB like him", by which I assume you mean a QB whose running skills are their primary asset. By your standard, why will Taylor not suck too going forward?

Edited by vincec

Taylor is also a "QB like him", by which I assume you mean a QB whose running skills are their primary asset. By your standard, why will Taylor not suck too going forward?

Interesting thought there. If I'm Whaley I pick Greg Roman's brain about what caused Kaep's game to decline, how likely is it that the same thing happens to TT and, what if anything can be done to prevent that from happening?

Interesting thought there. If I'm Whaley I pick Greg Roman's brain about what caused Kaep's game to decline, how likely is it that the same thing happens to TT and, what if anything can be done to prevent that from happening?

Well, I'll play Roman here

Kaep never could anticipate throws and relied heavily on his athleticism. His strong arm and running threat made defense play him safe. Once they figured he couldnt consistently beat them from the pocket, they clamped down on him.

Taylor might struggle next year as teams have time to study him, but i see it less likely because TT uses his legs as an extension of his arm. Running is the last option for him. When he rolls out he is looking downfield until the last possible second. Thats why I feel like he has a better shot than RG3 or Kaep

$13.425 million is the only number I need to know. That's the figure that his contract commands for 2016, net of prorated bonuses received with his 2014 contract extension. What team in their right mind is going to trade for that? It makes absolutely no sense. That figure rises to $16.9 million for 2017. Those salary figures aren't huge for a starting NFL QB, middle of the pack to be exact. But, you would have to assume that the last 2 years of his NFL were simply a fluke. I'm not sure how any team does that unless they are desperate for a live body at QB. To boot, if the 49ers were able to trade him (conceding that it is still possible), they immediately eat $7,397,260. That would bring their total "dead money" up to an astonishing $14,013,726. It's not insurmountable, but it's a big figure at about 9% of the projected salary cap. The Bills right now by comparison have about $4.3 million in dead money. The single biggest issue with CK's current contract is the injury guarantee. If he gets hurt, he gets all of it. Why would he or any other player negotiate against themself? At the end of the day, for CK to be out of San Francisco, the 49ers are going to have to cut him.

This is what I'm wondering. Seems like Chip Kelly's system would fit him very well.

His gimmicks don't work at this level.

Taylor is NOTHING like Kaepernick. Tyrod can throw the ball and running is definitely not his primary asset. Taylor can throw, Kaepernick not so much. Tyrod is actually a great deep ball thrower and is accurate. He still has A TON of work to do but he has way more promise as a passer than Kaepernick ever did. My "analysis" isn't really that hard to understand. Run first QBs who can't throw can't survive in this league. What's so hard to understand? I don't get it.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

I'd think kap would want to stay in san fran and play for chan. nobody is paying him 13..5 mil in free agency this year. He should be thanking chip wants to keep him. i've never liked his throwing motion and it seems he isn't as fast as he was a couple years ago.

Taylor's better than a qb who has won playoff games and been to 2 superbowls ?

Puff puff pass.

RG sunken career has a tangible reason. He got his knee destroyed by a rabid coach/Dr who wanted to win.

he was never the same of course when he lost that threat.

Colin might just plain have peaked at the right time.

Would love to hear Roman speak on him in earnest.

His gimmicks don't work at this level.

Taylor is NOTHING like Kaepernick. Tyrod can throw the ball and running is definitely not his primary asset. Taylor can throw, Kaepernick not so much. Tyrod is actually a great deep ball thrower and is accurate. He still has A TON of work to do but he has way more promise as a passer than Kaepernick ever did. My "analysis" isn't really that hard to understand. Run first QBs who can't throw can't survive in this league. What's so hard to understand? I don't get it.

You say that Taylor can throw the ball like it's self evident when it's not. Maybe I'm missing something, but can you name a game this year that Taylor won for the Bills by throwing the ball? Maybe week 3 vs Miami? Maybe. He didn't have a 300 yard passing game all season. Edited by vincec

Maybe I'm missing something, but can you name a game this year that Taylor won for the Bills by throwing the ball?

Houston, perhaps? But your point is still valid, as I don't think Tyrod was a dominant pocket passer last year. Our offense was predicated on the rushing attack and the deep ball, which Tyrod was able to run effectively most of the time.

Didn't Kaepernick throw for 400 plus yards vs packers in a playoff game ?

Yea 216 ypg guy is better.

No doubt Kap's upside is higher. I've said before that his physical tools are the best in the NFL. He doesn't have the presence of mind or pocket that the best QBs have, but the dropoff in performance was rather startling. There was a noticeable lack of confidence with him, not sure where it came from considering how well he was playing before. The situation with Harbaugh certainly effected him, maybe more than I would have previously assumed. He wants out of SF for some reason.

Didn't Kaepernick throw for 400 plus yards vs packers in a playoff game ?

Yea 216 ypg guy is better.

Ryan I see a common theme with you....that disagree with (but you are entitled to your opinion)

I believe that a efficient 200 yards with more thurnovers is FAR better then a 300 something yard game where you continue to turn the ball over.

Ryan I see a common theme with you....that disagree with (but you are entitled to your opinion)

I believe that a efficient 200 yards with more thurnovers is FAR better then a 300 something yard game where you continue to turn the ball over.

That's fine John and I somewhat agree with that. But if I'm paying franchise qb, I want a guy who can win games by himself or go toe to toe with a big time qb.

I haven't seen this with Taylor. Obviously it's one season but I think that's what some folks want to see. He did an Alex Smith impression this year which is fine and you can do much worse than that. But personally, I want better than that.

That's fine John and I somewhat agree with that. But if I'm paying franchise qb, I want a guy who can win games by himself or go toe to toe with a big time qb.

I haven't seen this with Taylor. Obviously it's one season but I think that's what some folks want to see. He did an Alex Smith impression this year which is fine and you can do much worse than that. But personally, I want better than that.

I think we all want better than that. But that is hard to come by. If our defense doesn't improve, Taylor has to get better if we want to win, but if the defense returns to 2014 form we'd surely be in the playoffs.

I want Tom Brady too....

But we could also just as easily get WORSE then that trying to find better then that.......