Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

Sooooo the NFL is free to damage Manziel's brain with concussive, debilitating, hits, But he's forbidden to do it himself using good coke, and Chlamydia?

Not fair.

He's a whopping twenty frickin' two years old... I got SOCKS with more years on them.

Is he a little bit of a shmuck? -Absolutely... Own worst enemy? -For sure... But let's be clear here, Manziel's biggest error was not living up to the ridiculous hopes of a team, and organization that hasn't won anything in for-fricking'-EVER!

I see nothing disqualifying him from another chance, in another town, with another team... Sounds like a spoiled brat that could use a bit of an outreach, -Maybe a mature player, or coach to help straighten him out.

I'm in the camp that hopes he pulls out of this downward spiral... A safe landing in a less needy, more supportive, organization would be ideal.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sooooo the NFL is free to damage Manziel's brain with concussive, debilitating, hits, But he's forbidden to do it himself using good coke, and Chlamydia?

Not fair.

He's a whopping twenty frickin' two years old... I got SOCKS with more years on them.

Is he a little bit of a shmuck? -Absolutely... Own worst enemy? -For sure... But let's be clear here, Manziel's biggest error was not living up to the ridiculous hopes of a team, and organization that hasn't won anything in for-fricking'-EVER!

I see nothing disqualifying him from another chance, in another town, with another team... Sounds like a spoiled brat that could use a bit of an outreach, -Maybe a mature player, or coach to help straighten him out.

I'm in the camp that hopes he pulls out of this downward spiral... A safe landing in a less needy, more supportive, organization would be ideal.

So Buffalo ... B-)

Merril Hoge nails his prediction (about as good a QB assessment as you will ever see).

Skip Bayless provides some classic comic relief (about as bad a QB assessment as you will ever see).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJKBoDrGlA

Wow Merril the prophet ... and Bayless as usual.

No, Manziel's biggest errors were 1) Being violent with women. Not many "errors" bigger than that. Don't try and minimize the significance of domestic violence. It disgusts me, and shames you. 2) Lying and being a bad person. Let's face it, the guy is NOT a good person, and his teammates can't rely on him. That has nothing to do with living up to the hopes of a team. It isn't like he tried real hard but the team sucked so he couldn't do it. He didn't even try most of the time, and showed up to practice hungover.

He's an ass, and I can't stand people making excuses for such a waste of space. Anyone who advocates that he join the Bills should have their head examined.

So Buffalo ... B-)

Please. Really? Are you serious? Is your crusade that foolish that you STILL feel you have a sliver of an argument for the guy? Should we sign Ryan Leaf as a backup?

Not fair.

You should probably get new socks

Not fair.

I think it is fair.

If he gets concussions and other injuries sacrificing himself for the sake of his team, he's a good team-player.

If he damages himself with drugs and STDs, he's an idiot.

Context and motivation matter, a lot. A soldier who blows his leg off stepping on IED serving his country is a hero. A terrorist who blows his leg off making a bomb intended to kill innocent people is not.

Part of Johnny's problem is that he has an unrestrained interest in his own short-term pleasure. He comes across as a selfish, undisciplined kid with real psychological issues.

My guess is that the best thing for Johnny is to spend a year away from football getting healthy in mind and body. If was a GM, I wouldn't look at him until that happened.

its true.

a fresh pair might really change your outlook on life.

I hear Dallas is nice this time of year, too.

New socks are one of best things a Man can do for himself. Refreshes the soul

I think it is fair.

If he gets concussions and other injuries sacrificing himself for the sake of his team, he's a good team-player.

Context and motivation matter, a lot. A soldier who blows his leg off stepping on IED serving his country is a hero. A terrorist who blows his leg off making a bomb intended to kill innocent people is not.

Part of Johnny's problem is that he has an unrestrained interest in his own short-term pleasure. He comes across as a selfish, undisciplined kid with real psychological issues.

My guess is that the best thing for Johnny is to spend a year away from football getting healthy in mind and body. If was a GM, I wouldn't look at him until that happened.

amazingly unhappy kid with no quality compass to reference.

#parentingmatters

No, Manziel's biggest errors were 1) Being violent with women. Not many "errors" bigger than that. Don't try and minimize the significance of domestic violence. It disgusts me, and shames you. 2) Lying and being a bad person. Let's face it, the guy is NOT a good person, and his teammates can't rely on him. That has nothing to do with living up to the hopes of a team. It isn't like he tried real hard but the team sucked so he couldn't do it. He didn't even try most of the time, and showed up to practice hungover.

He's an ass, and I can't stand people making excuses for such a waste of space. Anyone who advocates that he join the Bills should have their head examined.

Todd, you're the absolute pope of TBD... A holier, more sanctimonious and righteous poster cannot be found anywhere on this board... Good luck finding an actual player that lives up to your preposterous standards... I don't know the full story behind the Manziel domestic violence incident..... If he did smack the girl then SHAME ON HIM.... I'ts a despicable act committed by a very young human being... I wonder how deep the Browns organization delved into his character before drafting him 22nd overal in '14.... My guess is not very deep at all... And if the organization felt the act was so heinous... Then why not part ways the instant they confirmed it happened?

Manziel owns his fair share of issues... But he isn't the first girl-puncher to play in this league, and he won't be the last... Five years out of high school, most of us are FAR from finished products... I'm not dragging him out to the dumpster just yet.

You should probably get new socks

Got 'em in Toronto when I lived back east... SUPER WARM! and No Holes! Gotta get them outta storage.. Might just give them to my mom.

its true.

a fresh pair might really change your outlook on life.

Nah.. That's underwear... A fresh pair of drawers makes you feel like a new man. :)

I think it is fair.

Yah, sacrificing himself so the multi-Billionaire owners can get even richer, and the obnoxious, mouth-breathing, fans can go Oooooooooh! If you're comparing that in any way, shape or form, to combat, and IED's, then we probably shouldn't talk.

I hear Dallas is nice this time of year, too.

New socks are one of best things a Man can do for himself. Refreshes the soul

amazingly unhappy kid with no quality compass to reference.

#parentingmatters

This is huge... It's been on my mind since his downward spiral started... Where the heck are mom and dad in all this chaos??? I think if he loses football things might get even worse.... Jerry Jones to the rescue?

Edited by #34fan

Todd, you're the absolute pope of TBD... A holier, more sanctimonious and righteous poster cannot be found anywhere on this board... Good luck finding an actual player that lives up to your preposterous standards... I don't know the full story behind the Manziel domestic violence incident..... If he did smack the girl then SHAME ON HIM.... I'ts a despicable act committed by a very young human being... I wonder how deep the Browns organization delved into his character before drafting him 22nd overal in '14.... My guess is not very deep at all... And if the organization felt the act was so heinous... Then why not part ways the instant they confirmed it happened?

Manziel owns his fair share of issues... But he isn't the first girl-puncher to play in this league, and he won't be the last... Five years out of high school, most of us are FAR from finished products... I'm not dragging him out to the dumpster just yet.

Gee that's a great post. Love how you downplay beating up women. "Other people do it," ... "But he's young!" ... "It's the Browns fault for not looking into it!" ... "If it was such a big deal, the Browns would have cut him sooner!" ...

Any more excuses you'd like to throw out there for a scumbag beating on girls? Not many issues are black & white. This one is. I hope you can decide to be on the right side of it. There's no excuse for smacking women around, yet you keep making them. Any more garbage you'd like to share with the board before I hide your ass?

I don't think you need to be a "finished product" to show up for work and not beat the crap out of your girlfriend in a drunken rage. Most things in life are just what they seem: in Manziel's case that's a total scumbag.

Yah, sacrificing himself so the multi-Billionaire owners can get even richer, and the obnoxious, mouth-breathing, fans can go Oooooooooh!

It's a shame he didn't have the option to go hunt for an entry level job for $30,000/year like every other college grad does.

Gee that's a great post. Love how you downplay beating up women. "Other people do it," ... "But he's young!" ... "It's the Browns fault for not looking into it!" ... "If it was such a big deal, the Browns would have cut him sooner!" ...

Any more excuses you'd like to throw out there for a scumbag beating on girls? Not many issues are black & white. This one is. I hope you can decide to be on the right side of it. There's no excuse for smacking women around, yet you keep making them. Any more garbage you'd like to share with the board before I hide your ass?

slow clap.

Not fair.

Its not like Godell is hitting him with a hammer...

Manziel needs to take his JOB seriously if he wants to be successful. Plain and simple

slow clap.

I'm going to second that ^

@RapSheet

Johnny Manziel does have interest from teams, but they seem to be waiting for @NFL disciplinary process to be concluded. That's an issue.

.@NFL review of Johnny Manziel's conduct is in a holding pattern while his case is sent to the grand jury. Forces everything to hit pause.

Colleen Crowley, Manziel's former GF, hasn't spoken to the NFL yet and likely won't until the grand jury reached a decision. Could be months