Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone so upset at the hire? I'm asking legitimately. All I hear is complaints about the hire but no one is breaking down stats on why hiring him is a bad thing.

He has been a terrible DC for most of his career. He looks lost on the sideline while his defenses get destroyed. There is no evidence he is a good coach who can help this team

I have NO idea why people are bitching about this.

I am fine with this.

:lol: Surely you have some idea.

It's a shame this crap news comes out the same evening as the (what I believe to be) good news of Whaley's extension. Just not a fan of Rob Ryan -- this team needs more discipline and attention to detail, not less.

Oh well.

It frees Rex up to focus on other things and possibly details, while Rob helps implement the complex defensive scheme. This is fine folks...

And that's the problem, a "complex defensive scheme" that does't work. "Why? Why?" :bag: The entire thought process just hurts . . .

Can someone please tell the Petula's how buffoonish this looks? Please!

I think they really do need a Football Czar.

Edited by CSBill

I'm not happy about this at all.

That said, since I am an optimistic person, here is the glass half full viewpoint. If it doesn't work, the Bills will be either similar or worse on defense than last year and chances are Rex is fired and gone even sooner. If it does work or doesn't hurt and the Bills defense is substantially better I'm happy to be wrong.

Hey, I wonder if Whaley was on board with this. ;)

He has been a terrible DC for most of his career. He looks lost on the sideline while his defenses get destroyed. There is no evidence he is a good coach who can help this team

he won two SBs with the Pats as a LB coach and has 17 years of experience coaching defense in the NFL. He may not be a great DC, but he's also not the DC. It's fairly common for a coach to move down in rank and contribute because that's the right place for them. He's a defensive assistant. He's an AHC like Anthony Lynn is an AHC. We heard from Lynn once in OTAs last year and that was it because he's the RB coach. AHC doesn't mean that he outranks the DC. Marrone is an AHC in Jax and he doesn't outrank the OC and call the plays. It's just a title. It's ok. Edited by YoloinOhio

he won two SBs with the Pats as a LB coach and has 17 years of experience coaching defense in the NFL. He may not be a great DC, but he's also not the DC. It's fairly common for a coach to move down in rank and contribute because that's the right place for them. He's a defensive assistant. He's an AHC like Anthony Lynn is an AHC. We heard from Lynn once in OTAs last year and that was it because he's the RB coach. AHC doesn't mean that he outranks the DC. Marrone is an AHC in Jax and he doesn't outrank the OC and call the plays. It's just a title. It's ok.

And I think in the end, it will still be Rexs defense. He's not going to let his brother come in and let him determine his fate with the Bills. It's up to Rex to fix things.