Woods played 14 games with torn groin

johnwalter

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still one of my favourite players on the team. This guy would be really good with an offense that had more than the deep bomb in its passing playbook.

Bills had a versatile passing game yesterday...but it took a team with Revis and Cromartie to bring it out....hopefully its a permanent part of the strategy now...

Gutted out the season and still got 500+ yds. Sounds like he was just healthy enough to think he could still be a factor. Tough call sometimes, deciding if you should play or sit. I see some comments regarding the decision, but it doesn't sound like one that is as clear as black and white.

Tough yes, smart? Maybe not. Six week recovery so he may have helped the team more by correcting the issue, healing and then coming back.

It may be one of those things where it wasn't torn enough to need surgery, and was thought to be able to be stabilized or even heal a bit with treatment and wrapping, but then he re-injured it or injured it again, this time enough to clearly need surgery.

Doctors do that a lot "well, I don't want to do surgery on your mallet finger fracture at this point, so we'll have you splint it while you use it vigorously, then if it gets worse I'll cut"

I have a lot of questions about our training staff, their judgement and their effectiveness. Chalk this up as one.

That explains why it seemed like he lost all explosion, couldn't get out of his breaks, and couldn't break any tackles this season. Damn.

Does help explain why he looked like he was on skates this season.

I think the problem is that he is too small and not fast enough to be an exceptional outside the hashes #2 WR..........and not really a hiccup quick slot receiver type either.

He's probably best suited in an offense that regularly uses 3-4 WR sets with a QB that throws with anticipation.

Not a good fit in the passing game here, IMO.

Bills need a big #2 or 1A type WR and another young pass catching TE option.

Bills need a big #2 or 1A type WR and another young pass catching TE option.

The Jets got a phenomenal season from Fitz because they have two 1000 yard bonafide receivers in Marshall and Decker, plus a star TE to Boot.