Woods played 14 games with torn groin

johnwalter

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woods will be here next year but not beyond. I think they will try him in the slot again next year but remember Marrone tried him there and he was beaten out by Chris Hogan. He ended up back as a starter by beating out Mike "doghouse" Williams for the spot opposite Sammy.

He will be playing for his value in FA next year so Woods having a big year would not surprise me.

Hogan won't be back. He is a FA and has enough on tape to get paid as a 3 or a 4 somewhere in league now and I don't see the Bills paying him and even though I believe he is better than most here think I wouldn't pay him more than $1million a year either.

Edited by GunnerBill

Woods will be here next year but not beyond. I think they will try him in the slot again next year but remember Marrone tried him there and he was beaten out by Chris Hogan. He ended up back as a starter by beating out Mike "doghouse" Williams for the spot opposite Sammy.

He will be playing for his value in FA next year so Woods having a big year would not surprise me.

Hogan won't be back. He is a FA and has enough on tape to get paid as a 3 or a 4 somewhere in league now and I don't see the Bills paying him and even though I believe he is better than most here think I wouldn't pay him more than $1million a year either.

I like woods as a blocker. We run a ton of outside stuff (opposite of marrone's dive/iso strategy). Look at Larry Fitzgerald. He's motioning on every play and lining up almost as a 2nd tight end from time to time and trying to get those 2nd level blocks. He could do well in the slot.

We'd need an upgrade at #2 for it to work.

I say move Woods to the slot dump Hogan. Get a big #2 receiver opposite Sammy. Look what having 2 big WRs did for Fitz this year and tell me it didn't have an impact.

AGREE! And, having 2 big WRs can not shut the offense down if one gets hurt.

Tough yes, smart? Maybe not. Six week recovery so he may have helped the team more by correcting the issue, healing and then coming back.

EXP Depth ?

Right or wrong , he is one tough cookie.

And i have to reverse my opinion of him now.

Very disappointed in him this year.

And I was vocal about it.

I can hold out hope for him again.

But we all can agree, keep looking at WRs.

Get Healthy Robert !