2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

According to my Twitter pal Chris Shanafelt, the Bills met with Lindenwood WR Greg Coble after his Pro Day workout yesterday.

Pro Day results - 6'0", 190lbs, 4.46 40, 43" vertical jump, 10'1" broad jump, 9 3/8" hands, 33.5" arm length.

68 catches for 1126 yards and 7 touchdowns in his two years at LU. Transfer from Murray State. Limited experience as a KR in 2014.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treadwell just ran a 4.65 at his pro day. How far does that knock him down draft boards?

40 speed is overrated. It's about separation. There are plenty of fast guys who can't get open and plenty of slow guys who can always get open.

Still not a fan of a receiver in the 1st or 2nd. Good franchises don't keep drafting Wrs in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

Treadwell could be another Brandon Marshall with the big body and good speed for his size.

@SiriusXMNFL

.@PatKirwanCBS on @SuccessfulQuonL I don't think he'll be a top 10 pick but he reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson. This guy can play.

@ChrisTrapasso

Still maintain: Laquon Treadwell is Michael Crabtree.

I'm not sure if the Crabtree comparison is good or bad. He was very mediocre for his first 5 years and only broke out for another franchise.

Ceiling - Anquan Bolden

Floor - Michael Crabtree

That seems a fair assessment to me.

Fair enough.

I really want them to get another WR, but I don't believe Treadwell is worthy of the 19th pick (for this Bills team). I guess I would be happier with an OT, but I'm not sure they would get value there either. And it's probably all moot, because I completely expect them to draft defense, with the possible surprise of a QB.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Fair enough.

I really want them to get another WR, but I don't believe Treadwell is worthy of the 19th pick (for this Bills team). I guess I would be happier with an OT, but I'm not sure they would get value there either. And it's probably all moot, because I completely expect them to draft defense, with the possible surprise of a QB.

I wouldn't pick him for the Bills at 19 either.

@NFL_CFB

After crushing pro day, German WR now firmly on NFL team radars. --> http://on.nfl.com/1ZOpwG8

Ce50-HtUAAEOXHH.jpg

Officially at Florida Atlantic's pro day, Boehringer ran a 4.41-second 40-yard dash, had a vertical of 39 inches, a 10-foot-11 broad jump, a 4.09-second short shuttle, 11.15-second 60-yard shuttle, and a 6.64-second three-cone drill that had scouts on the ground doing double-takes at their stopwatches, shaking their heads, and laughing. He also had 17 lifts on the bench press. All of these marks would have landed inside the top five among all wide receivers who tested at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

Exciting to look for the diamonds in the rough. I don't see any way on earth that the Bills pick a WR before the 4th round, unless a 21 year old Jerry Rice is there.

I think that there is too much need and draft talent at DL, ILB, OLB and ORT to even think about any other position in round 1-3. The comment about draft talent applies mainly to DT or big run-stuffing 3-4 DEs. Much less applicable to LB and OT.

WR is the MOST OVER RATED position on the field......especially when you only target them 5 times a game.

here is a list of WR drafted highly (mostly 1st round) in the last two years.

what do they ALL have in common ?......NONE (but 1) are in the playoffs.

2015 -

Amari Cooper - Oak

Davante Parker - Mia

Nelson Agholor - Phi

Breshard Perriman- Bal

Devin Smith - Jets

Dorial Green Beckham - Ten

Sammy Watkins - Buf (used 2 first rounders for him)

2014-

Sammy Watkins - Buf

Mike Evans- TB

Odell Beckham Jr - Giants

Brandin Cooks - N.O.

Kelvin Benjamin - Car (only wr in playoffs)

Marquise Lee - Jax

Jordan Mathews- Phi

thats because despite what Mike Schoop wants to believe the playoff teams run the football

@NFL_CFB

24 hours since pro day, German WR Moritz Boehringer has visits set up with 7 NFL teams. http://on.nfl.com/1ZOpwG8

Ce_SrlXVAAAsk7r.jpg

How late does this guy project to go? He seems big and fast. I know his competition was terrible (I saw the video up thread) so its harder to predict his NFL ceiling, but he should be able to take the lid off the defense right away. I'm also guessing he can block well.

How late does this guy project to go? He seems big and fast. I know his competition was terrible (I saw the video up thread) so its harder to predict his NFL ceiling, but he should be able to take the lid off the defense right away. I'm also guessing he can block well.

Going to guess that he'll be selected by a team as early as the 4th round.

Haven't gone back to read the many pages on this subject so I might be debating one that's already been put to bed, but even though most draft sites having us go defense, defense, defense, .. I wouldn't mind WR as long as it's the best one AND I don't think it's even close. Josh Doctson is by far the best WR and if he goes to a coaching staff and QB that are competent, he is going to be a star. IMO it is Doctson.... and then the next guy. Why he doesn't get the love as the best I really don't know. I know 95 % of y'all would be screaming if we got him @ #19 but he would be the most polished receiver.. Day 1, on this roster. We have more pressing needs and I'm not saying that's who Whaley should pick but the guy is very, VERY good. Go Bills !!

Haven't gone back to read the many pages on this subject so I might be debating one that's already been put to bed, but even though most draft sites having us go defense, defense, defense, .. I wouldn't mind WR as long as it's the best one AND I don't think it's even close. Josh Doctson is by far the best WR and if he goes to a coaching staff and QB that are competent, he is going to be a star. IMO it is Doctson.... and then the next guy. Why he doesn't get the love as the best I really don't know. I know 95 % of y'all would be screaming if we got him @ #19 but he would be the most polished receiver.. Day 1, on this roster. We have more pressing needs and I'm not saying that's who Whaley should pick but the guy is very, VERY good. Go Bills !!

I wouldn't be upset with Doctson. I seem to believe that WR is a much bigger need than a lot of other people around here though. The Bills currently don't have a #2 IMO.

In terms of "the most polished receiver on the roster" that is Watkins. He was as polished as just about any college WR that I can remember. Now that he has a few years working in the pros he has grown even more. Doctson is definitely a guy that can play day one but not a guy that is more polished than Sammy.

I wouldn't be upset with Doctson. I seem to believe that WR is a much bigger need than a lot of other people around here though. The Bills currently don't have a #2 IMO.

In terms of "the most polished receiver on the roster" that is Watkins. He was as polished as just about any college WR that I can remember. Now that he has a few years working in the pros he has grown even more. Doctson is definitely a guy that can play day one but not a guy that is more polished than Sammy.

I won't argue with that. Have a good one.

With Sammy and Clay as the primary weapons in the passing game and Roman's scheme being mostly run oriented, how big of a priority should WR2 be?