2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

After dropping him 3 slots this week, we still have Treadwell at 8 on our Big Board. Short of showing up in a wheelchair at his Pro Day, he won't be there at RD1#19 LOL!

http://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2016.asp

Hmmm. Obviously lots of respect for what you do Astro but I am not as convinced Teadwell will be gone. Wouldn't surprise me if he is but wouldn't shock me if he is still there either.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are hurt over losing Chandler to the Patriots aren't you?

: )

be nice if Dez can up his game. Gotta wonder though, Bills were decimated at WR and he did not get much attention.

Salas was the guy Tyrod was finding.

Time for a big RZ TE i think even if that is all he is good at , because the draft really has little to offer in big wide receivers who can get separation in short areas.

Is Scott Chandler available. because i have heard of him and he is tall

ps 34 your wings and blue cheese avatar still gets me droolin'. drives me nuts.

I'm happy for both Scottie-doo, and Fred... They got a chance to reach the playoffs, which is great for them... Could they have helped out? -Hard to say... I wouldn't have minded Scottie sticking around, tho....

Secondly, I'm like a food-insecure dog around good wings... -Especially if they're the xtra-hot crispy-skinned kind ... Chunky bleu cheese is a must, and tons of celery to lessen the guilt.. I'll settle for the ones in that thumbnail, but I typically reject all that breading.

After dropping him 3 slots this week, we still have Treadwell at 8 on our Big Board. Short of showing up in a wheelchair at his Pro Day, he won't be there at RD1#19 LOL!

http://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2016.asp

I have "Megaquon" at just 6'2".. I hate to be the size-queen in this discussion, but it's not big enough... We can wait,,, 5th-6th to UDFA Reggie Diggs is one of my faves... Ever heard of Toledo's Alonzo Russell??? -6'4" 205lbs of pure STUD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9672EZVSxAE

Tell me we couldn't use summa that!

Edited by #34fan

Hmmm. Obviously lots of respect for what you do Astro but I am not as convinced Teadwell will be gone. Wouldn't surprise me if he is but wouldn't shock me if he is still there either.

The 12 Big Boards I monitor range from 9th to 33rd. It depends on what Big Board you're looking at.

I actually have Doctson, Michael Thomas, Ty Boyd, and Leonte Carroo as better choices.

The 12 Big Boards I monitor range from 9th to 33rd. It depends on what Big Board you're looking at.

I actually have Doctson, Michael Thomas, Ty Boyd, and Leonte Carroo as better choices.

I like that, personally I'd shift Boyd towards the best WR in this class. I hope Treadwell is gone by the time we pick I don't want any temptation.

Baltimore likes him at 6. Our Ravens Analyst: "At the NFL Scouting Combine, Treadwell will get the opportunity to put questions about his speed (and height) to rest. Despite Steve Smith returning, the Ravens are in desperate need of some playmakers on offense. Anyone's guess is as good as the next when it comes to Breshad Perriman, and since Joe Flacco got his big payday, they have lost Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith. Treadwell would immediately become Flacco's top target, with his combination of athleticism and physical play."

De'Runnyea Wilson came in the tallest at the Combine, but I hope we don't take him. I have him 14th-best WR, with one of the largest decreases in ypc when playing AP-ranked teams.

In 2013, 14th WR picked went at RD4#123.

In 2014, 14th WR picked went at RD3#91.

Edited by Astrobot

De'Runnyea Wilson came in the tallest at the Combine, but I hope we don't take him. I have him 14th-best WR, with one of the largest decreases in ypc when playing AP-ranked teams.

In 2013, 14th WR picked went at RD4#123.

In 2014, 14th WR picked went at RD3#91.

i just like his name.

What are going to do in the game today?

I'm gonna De Run Ya.

If you look at my responses (and my other posts throughout the offseason), you'll note that I do, in fact, want a big receiver.

I never disputed that.

I raised issue with the 2013 draft being used as a foundation for criticism of ANY GM.

I have a few guys earmarked as day 3 options that I like:

Robby Anderson of Temple

Geronimo Allison of Illinois

Keyarris Grant of Tulsa

Kenny Lawler of Cal

I think a red zone target will help some--the QB speeding up his diagnosis and release will help even more

Tell me more about Lawler. Size & wingspan are great.

Watch: Miss WR Laquon Treadwell at Combine (4:34)

Mississippi wide receiver and first round prospect Laquon Treadwell talks with the media at the 2016 NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

Watch: Baylor WR Corey Coleman at Combine (4:30)
Baylor wide receiver and first round prospect Corey Coleman talks with the media at the 2016 NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

Watch: Ohio State WR Braxton Miller at Combine (4:18)
Ohio State wide receiver Braxton Miller talks with the media at the 2016 NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

It all comes down to RZ scoring percentages (touchdowns)

The Bills rank 24th out of 32 teams in this aspect of the game.

If you look at the top four 2015 performers for this metric, CAR, DET, NE, NYJ, respectively, you see all four teams have Primary Receiver's 6'3" or bettter, with over 70 catches, and 1100+ yards receiving.... CAR TE Greg Olsen 6'5" 77 catches, 1104 yards... DET WR Calvin Johnson 6'5" 88 catches, 1214 yards... NE TE Rob Gronkowski 6'6" 72 catches, 1176 yards.... NYJ WR Brandon Marshall 6'5" 109 catches for 1502 yards...

Three out of four of these teams entered week 16 as playoff contenders....

Should we attribute all this RZ production simply to having big receivers? -Yes, an No.

While they may not be responsible for scoring the RZ TD, having a 6'3" or better TE/WR on the field, creates a dimension that 5'10 corners, and 6-foot safeties struggle to deal with.. Talented Robert Woods at 6'0" (more like 5'11") and 5'9" Marquise Goodwin (when he's not hurt) simply CANNOT give you that.

But we've got charles Clay, right?

Charles Clay had just 51 catches for a pitiful 508 yards! -That from the Leagues highest paid TE? -Even when Clay was good, he wasn't all that good, posting just 605 receiving yards his best year at MIA!

What about primary weapon 6'2" Sammy Watkins? -formidabe? -Definitely. But with 60 grabs, and just over 1000 yards receiving (1,045 in 2015), we're still under that champioship wire for playoff contenders.

Buy hey, we've got Tyrod!

Riiiiiiiiiight....Ok... Beloved Tyrod, was top 10 in the league for fumbles! (#8) Sure, he ran a little... He ran well... But come on.. Averaging 8 yards per passing attempt? -216 yards avg passing per game? That will NOT bring the playoffs any closer to us... Neither will 242 Completions out of a paltry 380 Passing attempts (2015)... Cousins Completed 619/950.... Blake Bortles had almost as many completions (355) as Tyrod had attempts! This strategy of not throwing the football may lead to outstanding QBR's, and relatively low INT%, -But can we get to the postseason like this? -I seriously doubt it.

So why not get #5 some big, tall, effective, size-mismatches to aid his passing game? -Clearly, they work well if used properly. There are Several big WR specimens in this draft that also demonstrate an aptitude for route-learning/running... Let's re-draw the damn playbook, and physically get on-par with some of these playoff-contenders. -Like it or not, SIZE DOES MATTER. GO BILLS!

Like your way of thinking. The Bills have been missing a big physical type WR since Eric Moulds. They need someone who can outmuscle DB's, high point the ball, out leap the DB's. It's been lacking in the Bills passing game for a long time now.