2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowen: Braxton Miller shows off rare skill set at Senior Bowl

During his first two Senior Bowl practices, former Ohio State QB Braxton Miller has shown off a polished WR skill set and rare athleticism, writes Matt Bowen.

Ohio State wide receiver Braxton Miller has put on an absolute show through the first two days of Senior Bowl workouts. At an official 6-foot-1, 204 pounds, the former Buckeye quarterback has generated a tremendous amount of buzz here in Mobile because of the effortless movement in his game, the sudden change-of-direction ability he displays on the field and his rare athleticism.

Nice ESPN Insider write up on Miller. Might make a nice complement to Sammy.

Bowen: Braxton Miller shows off rare skill set at Senior Bowl

Nice ESPN Insider write up on Miller. Might make a nice complement to Sammy.

similar to Percy Harvin/Randall Cobb but bigger

He ran a 4.37 at 215 when he was a QB and is down to 204 so he will probably blaze the 40 at the combine.

Edited by YoloinOhio

similar to Percy Harvin/Randall Cobb but bigger

He ran a 4.37 at 215 when he was a QB and is down to 204 so he will probably blaze the 40 at the combine.

I didn't see a lot of him this year, but what I DID see was surprisingly impressive.

I didn't see a lot of him this year, but what I DID see was surprisingly impressive.

he just switched positions in August so it was tough but he seemed like a natural at WR. Made some really tough catches. He's an elite athlete who is just a great football player. I'm not surprised he was able to make the transition so smoothly. Edited by YoloinOhio

RD4.

Harvin's as good as gone, Woods hasn't shown it, so we still don't have a #2 WR--the high-pointing, tall, feature WRF (unless maybe it's Dez Lewis), as well as the Harvin role. These guys are listed as WRS in DraftTek, so we may need 2. Both carry the P3 designation.

It is a buyer's market for WRs, with lots of WRs declaring and fewer teams needing them than most years.

RD4 is my guess, it's a buyer's market in the draft on Wrs, and my 4 favorites, Travin Dural, Nelson Spruce, Sterling Shepard, and De'Runnyea Wilson might be available there.

Should Laquon Treadwell be there at #17, I'd think twice ...before drafting a lineman.

Day 3 gems:

WRS BRALON ADDISON OREGON (pick 133 on our board, Bills have been to practices and/or games)

WRF LEONTE CAROO RUTGERS (pick 149, Bills have been to practices and/or games)

S-WRF MALCOLM MITCHELL GEORGIA (240, likely moving up with his bowl game; no word on Bills scouts)

WRF CHRIS BROWN NOTRE DAME (364)

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-WRs-2016-Draft.asp

its not Dez, he drops too many the few times he gets open, hasnt had much of a shot but from the chances he has had he hasnt shown "it" Caroo is nice but im biased cuz i live in Jersey

Edited by Marty McFly

@SalSports

Senior Bowl: Could there be a #2 WR for Bills? http://www.wgr550.com/Senior-Bowl-Could-there-be-a-2-WR-for-Bills-/22414553

North Team

88 Tajae Sharpe; 6-3; 188 UMASS

86 Aaron Burbridge; 6-1; 208 Michigan State

85 Chris Moore; 6-2; 190 Cincinnati

84 Leonte Carroo; 6-1; 215 Rutgers

19 Jordan Payton; 6-1; 212 UCLA

1 Braxton Miller; 6-2; 215 Ohio State

0 D.J. Foster; 6-0; 195 Arizona State

South Team

3 Sterling Shepard; 5-10; 191 Oklahoma

4 Jay Lee; 6-3; 215 Baylor

9 Charone Peake; 6-2; 205 Clemson

81 K.J. Maye; 5’10; 194 Minnesota

86 Malcolm Mitchelll; 6-1; 196 Georgia

88 Paul McRoberts; 6-3; 197 Southeast Missouri State

A couple of guys that I’m watching closely as prospects that could fill the Bills’ need for a bigger boundary target, and may be available in the middle rounds:

Robby Anderson of Temple is 6’3”, and listed at 190 lbs. He’s got great hands, is a smooth strider in the open field, and competes for the ball effectively. Decent blocker.

He doesn’t have great explosion off the LOS, and forces him to use his strength/length to beat the jam, which leaves some doubt as to how he’ll compete with bigger, longer-limbed corners in the NFL. He may benefit from adding some mass to his upper and lower body, provided that he can carry it on his frame without affecting his quickness in-and-out of his breaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfxgEVCYZZE

Geronimo Allison of Illinois is 6’4”, and listed at 200 lbs. He’s a very similar player to Anderson in terms of burst off the LOS and that he knows how to use leverage to gain a release against press-man, and is a monster in contested catch situations. He also lined up on the boundary and in the slot for the Fighting Illini.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuolLeRKXVg&feature=youtu.be

Edited by thebandit27

@TonyPauline

I'm sounding like president of his fan club; another impressive day for Braxton Miller. Torching DB's in red zone Crowd going crazy.

Braxton Miller just hobbled off the field with a lower right leg injury. Seems like a calf cramp. Something had to slow him down.

@AndrewSiciliano

Braxton Miller put his helmet back on. He's walking around. Doesn't seem serious.

Yea Miller might have had a good week but he did not help himself in the game last night with a couple of bad drops.

I'm not convinced I am sold enough to pick him as high as he will go. For me he is in play now from the middle of the second and that is at least a round too high in my opinion.

I like both the guys Bandit listed and they both flashed in the east-west game. I've been monitoring Anderson longer but I am now a little higher on Allison. I think both are day 3 picks and I'd be happy with Whaley taking a shot on either.