Pegulas announce Rex and Whaley will return in 2016

YoloinOhio

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a year of continuity may be a good thing.

Whaley will find a few LB's who will suit Rex's system in the off season, whether by draft or FA.

Whaley will work hard at getting the guys signed the Bills want back. under Whaley's watch i can not think of one Bill's FA that got away that i really miss.

Get rid of the malcontent players and fill back in with guys that want to be here and play for Rex and his system on D.

Let Roman keep working with Tyrod.

If not in the playoffs in 2016, then i think we hear the Pegulas singing a new tune.

I'm fairly certain Brandon is the media leak. He almost has to be.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. There are people that have been in prominent positions in that building a lot longer than Brandon and who weren't just a little miffed at his favored role by Mr. Wilson and quick rise in the organization.

GO BILLS!!!

As much as i hate it, your right, and will have to just say "who knows in 2016" vs. the excitement that went into 2015. I have no faith in this crew, but understand why they stand where they do this year, and wait to see improvement.

They will lose the fans after next year with another year of blowhard promises, and crappy defensive play. The crazy thing is Rex should know he would have been somewhat excused for average offensive play, but it was such a slap in the face to ruin an elite defense.

Anyone who thinks Rex will be here in 2018 is naive. He has no track record of building a winning team. Quite the opposite. He'll stick around another 2 years, in the name of "stability/continuity", but then he'll be let go. It's too bad the FO (i.e. Pegula) can't see this. On well, it's his team, not ours.

The crazy thing is Rex should know he would have been somewhat excused for average offensive play, but it was such a slap in the face to ruin an elite defense.

Bingo. He would still enjoy his legendary status if he kept the defense as a top-5 unit. We all knew the offense was a work in progress, we never knew the defense was too.

Hey look it's the same thread we've already had 15 other times!

No this ones pretty good !

i think the Pro Bills are ahead at the half. This might be the most enjoyable thread in a couple weeks actually. because its not heated and devolved.

and some of my favorite posters are here.

Including Fire Chan. no seriously, he is.

Unless you believe--as I do--that instability is what caused the organization to be bad in the first place.

LOL.

you aint the only one.

tweak it ? sure enough.

Kyle Williams can probably play any scheme and all the techs at each position on the line. Mentally. Think about how many changes he has gone through ?

I dont think its going to turn out a retooling on the D.

some ass't and position Coaches and some players. natural progression for a first year team under regime change

Disappointing, but not unexpected. With a little better luck on the injuries and some better fitting personnel, things might improve. Like most of you, I will watch until it becomes unbearable. I'm curious to see how Brandon sells this turd, though. It will require all his skills. My prediction is that the Pegulas will see that and mostly empty stadium and boxes will lose them more money than cutting Rex loose. Just have to endure one more ugly season. 17 it is!

Happy New Year, all. Your conversations make it all worth it.

:worthy:

Edited by 3rdand12

To all the Rex supporters. Exactly how many games this year do you think Rex out-coached the opponents coaching staff?

And how many games do you think Rex was out-coached by the opposing coach?

How many games did the Bills win because of Rex's brilliant coaching strategy?

And do you really think the defense had less talent this year than the team Rex acquired when he took over here?

How is taking a top defensive unit and rebuilding it into something different and less effective building "continuity"?

Edited by simpleman

We knew this was going to happen. Now we have to hope Ryan matures as a person and coach, takes a humility bath and becomes the coach he thinks he is.

GO BILLS!!!

Perfectly said in regard our to Mr. Ryan.

We should all expect more next year. From Pegulas to Rex to us litttle folks

Indeed it is my friend and that was my point. :thumbsup:

I don't see him involved in personnel decisions.

I LOVE When fans think that it's a wild conspiracy theory that Russ Brandon is deeply involved with the decisions of this team.

He has been heavily involved in the hiring of all the recent coaches (I believe he straight up hired Doug Marrone) and he has a seat right at the table on draft day. He's making calls to GM's on draft day and is way too involved in football decisions. This is not debatable, and all of you that think he rescinded power when the Pegula's took over are absolute suckers. You think a guy that's very comfortable being heavily involved making personnel decisions is just going to hand in his badge when he doesn't have to? It's ridiculous.

He's never been part of a winning organization, and most of the marketing that you all praise is awful, especially the Toronto deal. It's not hard to sell to this market. We love football. Now he's the President of the sabres? The guy eats at Tempo every week and is literally sponsored by a suit salesmen. He's full sleaze.

Bills-pic-of-day.jpg

russ-delegate-714.jpg

BnKgp7-IYAASZZi.jpg

tempCM6_6476--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

To all the Rex supporters. Exactly how many games this year do you think Rex out-coached the opponents coaching staff?

And how many games do you think Rex was out-coached by the opposing coach?

How many games did the Bills win because of Rex's brilliant coaching strategy?

And do you really think the defense had less talent this year than the team Rex acquired when he took over here?

How is taking a top defensive unit and rebuilding it into something different and less effective building "continuity"?

That's a different continuity isn't it ?

Its a new staff bringing in their own program and their different concepts.

Continuity that most of us a speaking to , is keeping the Brand New Pegula Whaley Ryan show up and running.

That's the one we are talking of i think.

Wow. I am really surprised that a man who built a multi-billion dollar business did not make a critical business decision based on the uninformed opinions of fans or the even less informed whining of local media members. What a shock!

He's safe in Cleveland, if Dennis Thurman is allowed to Rex's puppet DC then I see next season going nowhere as this season. It's clear Rex needs to not call the plays and needs to focus more on being head coach overseeing the game day operation.

This is the entire problem in a nutshell. Rex is seemingly incapable of doing just that. What a HC needs to do first and foremost: focus more on being a head coach and overseeing game day operations. There is enough history on him to cast doubt that he could ever develop this skill set. But now I hope he does.

Wow. I am really surprised that a man who built a multi-billion dollar business did not make a critical business decision based on the uninformed opinions of fans or the even less informed whining of local media members. What a shock!

The genuine shock is that they did not make a critical business decision based on actuarial data: Ryan's history!

This is the entire problem in a nutshell. Rex is seemingly incapable of doing just that. What a HC needs to do first and foremost: focus more on being a head coach and overseeing game day operations. There is enough history on him to cast doubt that he could ever develop this skill set. But now I hope he does.

Biggest reason why I hated that him and Schwartz could not have co-existed, if he allowed Schwartz to run his D with minimal input at times, I think they would've at least been position for Sunday's game to be win and you are in. It also would allow Rex to focus on in-game coaching strategy and decision-making, which seems to be Rex's big problems which I don't see improving anytime soon.