Pegulas announce Rex and Whaley will return in 2016

YoloinOhio

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did the right thing by making his announcement right now and killing off all the rumors and speculation. Both men know where they stand now, and both can start looking ahead to doing what they have to do to make this a playoff team in 2016

Agreed 100%. T Pegs was smart to get this out there and stop the speculation. Bickering, on the other hand, will continue unabated. :)

Been a Bills fan for 49 years, through the thick and thin. But frankly, I'm taking a year off - cannot cheer for a Bills team with jackass Rex Ryan as a coach. I'll check in at the end of next year when you're all screaming for his head. Once he's canned, I'll be back. See you in a year.

Edited by Georgia Bill

No, bad HC choices led the instability. Not one of the HC's from the time of Marv were fired or left too soon. You would have them all stay longer just for the sake of not firing them too soon.

I'd like to know if those playing the stability card would feel the same 12 months from now if we miss the playoffs once again.

He's not drafting players; fact

He's not signing FAs; fact

OH NO HES MAKING PHONE CALLS AT THE GM's BEHEST!

DOOOOOOOOMED!

Russ was team president and COO for a few years. During that time, guys like Modrak and Guy were in charge of personnel.

If you think that Russ is making these kinds of decisions, well, quite simply, you are wrong.

But don't let that stop a good witch hunt.

Care to elaborate about these so called "facts" in where exactly is the proof that Brandon isn't heavily involved in any aspect of the player acquisition process. Have any proof at all besides an opinion?

You keep throwing out this propaganda that Brandon isn't involved, and yet other posters who have had inside information into the inner workings of the team that has been shared with us in this forum have come right out and stated Brandon has been involved in the draft, in all aspects of player acquisition since Marv Levy retired!

The mere fact that Brandon was heavily involved in getting the Pegula's to hire Rex Ryan tells me the man is still involved in the football side of the team's operations. Telling the Pegula's to not let him leave the room is more than just throwing out an opinion.

Care to elaborate about these so called "facts" in where exactly is the proof that Brandon isn't heavily involved in any aspect of the player acquisition process. Have any proof at all besides an opinion?

You keep throwing out this propaganda that Brandon isn't involved, and yet other posters who have had inside information into the inner workings of the team that has been shared with us in this forum have come right out and stated Brandon has been involved in the draft, in all aspects of player acquisition since Marv Levy retired!

The mere fact that Brandon was heavily involved in getting the Pegula's to hire Rex Ryan tells me the man is still involved in the football side of the team's operations. Telling the Pegula's to not let him leave the room is more than just throwing out an opinion.

People with inside information -translation: People I want to believe. Edited by PromoTheRobot

In 2008 after Jauron was retained everyone shouted about "continuity." This year, we're changing the semantics to "stability."

And it's fun to see the same apologists/shills out at the drop of Brandon's name defending him from anyone who dares criticize. .

Buffalo isn't a losing organization because there hasn't been enough "stability." It's because those familiar names aren't the types who make enough good decisions. They're flailing around in the dark for the light switch and still cannot find it.

People with inside information -translation: People I want to believe.

Promo, if it's still up go to the video clip of the Bills war room and watch the goings on during the Sammy Watkins trade.

It's pretty hard to watch that and believe that Brandon isn't involved in the decision making process

When I see film clips of the Bills War Room on draft day and Brandon isn't in the room, I'll maybe start to believe he isn't.

In 2008 after Jauron was retained everyone shouted about "continuity." This year, we're changing the semantics to "stability."

And it's fun to see the same apologists/shills out at the drop of Brandon's name defending him from anyone who dares criticize. .

Buffalo isn't a losing organization because there hasn't been enough "stability." It's because those familiar names aren't the types who make enough good decisions. They're flailing around in the dark for the light switch and still cannot find it.

Brandon is the Chris Kelsay of the front office: the poster child for Bills failures. It is what it is, he is what he is.

seriosly you think Rex would be pissed if the Bills were winning and in the playoffs with Schwatrz as his dc

Not pissed, but he wouldn't like that he wouldn't a lot of the credit for the defense playing well especially if he had allowed Schwartz to run his system and he is "supposed defensive guru"

So Whaley and Rex will have another year. I would be more optimistic if the Bills had more cap space so they could revamp the defense with the players that Ryan thinks he needs. The Bills can always release players (such as M. Williams), but finding the necessary replacements will be tough, and I doubt draft picks will be able to start immediately on defense given that the current group of veteran defensive players had a difficult time picking up Ryan's system.

Seems like we have a lot of needs. Not sure if this really can be fixed in one off season. I hope I am wrong, but I have a feeling we will be debating whether Whaley and Ryan deserve another season around this time next year.

Edited by jahnyc

Promo, if it's still up go to the video clip of the Bills war room and watch the goings on during the Sammy Watkins trade.

It's pretty hard to watch that and believe that Brandon isn't involved in the decision making process

When I see film clips of the Bills War Room on draft day and Brandon isn't in the room, I'll maybe start to believe he isn't.

It couldn't possibly be that he's the team president and Whaley is just telling him what he's doing, could it? Would it make you feel better if there was video of Whaley telling Brandon to STFU?

I've seen the video. It doesn't prove anything other than Russ was in the room.

People with inside information -translation: People I want to believe.

It's not just people I want to believe because I was highly skeptical of this so-called insider and, at first, I didn't believe anything he posted about. Then he started to share things that turned out to be true. Besides that other posters here started to vouch for him. At this point, I have come to believe that he works with the team in some capacity. There are others who boast knowing about the inner workings and have shown to be wrong.

More importantly though where is the proof that Russ Brandon isn't heavily involved in the football operations side? The job he performed for the last owner was far different and needed because of his failing health. This new owner doesn't need a finance / marketing guy telling him what head coach to hire. This new owner needs to do what the NY Jets owner did this past year and hire some experienced NFL consultants who actually know what they are doing to advise them properly.

That sure looked like it was going to happen a little over a week ago and now the owner has backtracked. After Bill Polian didn't take the czar job last year this new owner should have sought the help from another source. Instead of the status quo which hasn't been able to build a playoff team the last three years.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/20/pegula-listening-to-outside-advice-on-bills-personnel-matters/

I loathe Brandon, but if I worked for the Bills and could get into the draft war room, I sure as hell would be in there, and so would anyone else around here.