Pegulas announce Rex and Whaley will return in 2016

YoloinOhio

Yes, you told me last time that Seattle also has a Team President in the war room. Apparently that guy is better at his job.

Ya think? :lol:

Comparing the Bills model to Pittsburghs model doesn't work when Russ Brandon has a seat atop the Bills brass. The Rooney family does not rely on a proven failure when it comes to making important decisions like hiring general managers and head coaches. The Rooney family also understands that if you can't pass the football you can not succeed. The Bills top brass has been convinced they can win with a run and stop the run philosophy. Their philosophy is very flawed.

Before the Bills can even think about mimicking the Steelers franchise they have to understand what it takes to sustain success in the NFL. If that comes first.....Continuity will follow. With the philosophy the Bills currently have continuity has no chance because 6, 7 and 8 win seasons don't get 3rd 4th and 5th chances.

Good post.

I do think Pegs will get there eventually, he'll just have to learn the hard way.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE When fans think that it's a wild conspiracy theory that Russ Brandon is deeply involved with the decisions of this team.

He has been heavily involved in the hiring of all the recent coaches (I believe he straight up hired Doug Marrone) and he has a seat right at the table on draft day. He's making calls to GM's on draft day and is way too involved in football decisions. This is not debatable, and all of you that think he rescinded power when the Pegula's took over are absolute suckers. You think a guy that's very comfortable being heavily involved making personnel decisions is just going to hand in his badge when he doesn't have to? It's ridiculous.

He's never been part of a winning organization, and most of the marketing that you all praise is awful, especially the Toronto deal. It's not hard to sell to this market. We love football. Now he's the President of the sabres? The guy eats at Tempo every week and is literally sponsored by a suit salesmen. He's full sleaze.

Bills-pic-of-day.jpgruss-delegate-714.jpgBnKgp7-IYAASZZi.jpgtempCM6_6476--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

Move him soley to the Sabres or move him out. As far as the Bills are concerned he is a major part of the old guard imo. he should be fired just on the Toronto clusterf**k alone. selling off home field advantage? Only a marketing guy would dream that scheme up. The Bills with the exception of corporate suites do not need marketing. In fact neither do the sabres..

A frigggin 10-6 season is what they need, and hope for better things. The old guard executives don't bring that in this organization.

Ya think? :lol:

Good post.

I do think Pegs will get there eventually, he'll just have to learn the hard way.

Clearly the difference between Buffalo and Seattle is that their team president and director of marketing and finance--Peter McLaughlin (the guy sitting next to John Schneider in the war room--is better at his job than Russ.

I could swear that some folks post just to see how ridiculous they can appear

I wouldn't have released that statement today.

If the Bills get blown out on Sunday, it's going to get real ugly in BillsLand.

Still have an ace to play. If it gets too ugly, they could always cut EJ next week instead of waiting a few months, that'll quiet the fanbase until the draft comes..

Please just get a defense that can apply pressure next season. Add some pieces to the offense and hopefully Tyrod continues to develop. But Rex really needs to shift from being so much a players coach to more of a disciplinarian type IMO.

You mean a D like the ones the Bills had the last couple of years before Rex took over?

The Russ Brandon hate stems from one thing and one thing alone: some fans' desire to place blame for the last 16 years on one single person.

Ralph is gone

Nix is gone

Most of the coaches and players are gone

The GMs are mostly gone

The entire scouting department has been revamped

The entire front office is gone

Since Russ remains, he gets to be THE GUY responsible, because otherwise we might have to accept that different regimes failed for different reasons

Or the fact that a financial guy is in the war room means absolutely nothing

People have been critical of Russ Brandon's involvement for almost ten years. I don't even understand your premise. He's absolved of criticism because why exactly?

You think that he's in the war room and it means absolutely nothing? I don't even know where to start with this. He's literally calling GM's. That's involvement, sorry.

The truth is that he HAS been here for 16 years of futility. He's been in charge for almost 10 years. If you think we've only just become critical of Russ Brandon, you haven't been paying attention.

Not if I put you on ignore. :nana: I've not been timid about posting my thoughts about this head coach since week two of this season and a whole lot more fans were defending him back then. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181760-carucci-disconnect-exists-between-dl-and-scheme/page-16

I've never seen anyone defend one of the very worst head coaches this team has had with so much energy and passion. Almost like you are being paid by the team or by one of the individuals employed by the team...almost.

but our local Koolaid Drinker and proud supporter of the Wrex is always putting his foot in his mouth. ( JFH )

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:52 PM

ScottLaw, on 07 Oct 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:snapback.png

He's not wrong, it's pretty obvious to see.

"Or.....teams are devising a game plan to negate our pass rush.....just maybe

but no....that would require too much thought....."

"Get ready.....cuz were goin" Rex Ryan 1/14/2015

Funny sh.it right there Hemet. Anytime you want to talk about the GREAT PASS RUSH and the GREAT COACH, Go ahead, I wont be reading!

Edited by fredex22

People have been critical of Russ Brandon's involvement for almost ten years. I don't even understand your premise. He's absolved of criticism because why exactly?

You think that he's in the war room and it means absolutely nothing? I don't even know where to start with this. He's literally calling GM's. That's involvement, sorry.

The truth is that he HAS been here for 16 years of futility. He's been in charge for almost 10 years. If you think we've only just become critical of Russ Brandon, you haven't been paying attention.

He's not drafting players; fact

He's not signing FAs; fact

OH NO HES MAKING PHONE CALLS AT THE GM's BEHEST!

DOOOOOOOOMED!

Russ was team president and COO for a few years. During that time, guys like Modrak and Guy were in charge of personnel.

If you think that Russ is making these kinds of decisions, well, quite simply, you are wrong.

But don't let that stop a good witch hunt.

He's not drafting players; fact

He's not signing FAs; fact

OH NO HES MAKING PHONE CALLS AT THE GM's BEHEST!

DOOOOOOOOMED!

Russ was team president and COO for a few years. During that time, guys like Modrak and Guy were in charge of personnel.

If you think that Russ is making these kinds of decisions, well, quite simply, you are wrong.

But don't let that stop a good witch hunt.

I'm sure he sits silently and shoves his fist in his mouth when he has an opinion. I'm sure that in the draft room he just wants to make sure everyone has enough highlighters.

"Don't let that guy leave the room!" - Russ Brandon

Edited by fridge

Biggest reason why I hated that him and Schwartz could not have co-existed, if he allowed Schwartz to run his D with minimal input at times, I think they would've at least been position for Sunday's game to be win and you are in. It also would allow Rex to focus on in-game coaching strategy and decision-making, which seems to be Rex's big problems which I don't see improving anytime soon.

You do realize that Rex's defenses have all but 1 been in the top 10 before this year? The one year he was before this year his defense was 11th.

Before last year Schwartz never had a top 10 defense.

That said I feel strongly that whoever the DC is that is calling plays in and making adjustments has to make a significant improvement over this year.

Biggest reason why I hated that him and Schwartz could not have co-existed, if he allowed Schwartz to run his D with minimal input at times, I think they would've at least been position for Sunday's game to be win and you are in. It also would allow Rex to focus on in-game coaching strategy and decision-making, which seems to be Rex's big problems which I don't see improving anytime soon.

Maybe Jims ego was large enough and maybe rightly so, to already have said no thank you before it became a media talking point

His press conferences annoy the **** out of me. You can just look at him and tell he is full of ****.

He reeks of snake oil salesman....which is probably why he loved Rex so much.

You're being kind in your thoughts. In his job selling BS and doing it well is a prerequisite.

he's got it down.

I'm sure he sits silently and shoves his fist in his mouth when he has an opinion. I'm sure that in the draft room he just wants to make sure everyone has enough highlighters.

I'm sure he's serving the same role as Peter McLaughlin does for Seattle

I'm also sure that Pete Carroll is happy to indulge the opinion of the team's director of marketing in the draft room

Either that, or both situations involve a team president that's there to serve the team in whatever capacity he can.

But again, the reality doesn't serve the witch hunt, so feel free to disregard

I'm sure he's serving the same role as Peter McLaughlin does for Seattle

I'm also sure that Pete Carroll is happy to indulge the opinion of the team's director of marketing in the draft room

Either that, or both situations involve a team president that's there to serve the team in whatever capacity he can.

But again, the reality doesn't serve the witch hunt, so feel free to disregard

I think you're the one not living in reality. You seem to think Russ Brandon has a magical role with the team where he sits on clouds and prints season tickets. You actually trust him, because your favorite beverage is Kool Aid.

but our local Koolaid Drinker and proud supporter of the Wrex is always putting his foot in his mouth. ( JFH )

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:52 PM

ScottLaw, on 07 Oct 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:snapback.png

"Or.....teams are devising a game plan to negate our pass rush.....just maybe

but no....that would require too much thought....."

"Get ready.....cuz were goin" Rex Ryan 1/14/2015

Funny sh.it right there Hemet. Anytime you want to talk about the GREAT PASS RUSH and the GREAT COACH, Go ahead, I wont be reading!

You are really showing your ignorance there fred ex

but

Is that really all that suprising given your posts?

Why cannot he have an opinion? i doubt he just blurts something out and everyone jumps. or that his opinions have not already been hashed out before the Draft day.

damn people just gotta find someplace to focus the angst.

If Russ has too much influence , i would think Pegula allows it.

But its been made clear since he change in responsibility under Pegulaville, all he can offer is an opinion as you mentioned.GM sorts it all out.

His press conferences annoy the **** out of me. You can just look at him and tell he is full of ****.

He reeks of snake oil salesman....which is probably why he loved Rex so much.

He is the chump of all chumps. I don't care if he is in the draft war room or not, but it does bother me that he has Pegs' ear on organizational issues such as hiring HC's, keeping GM's., and just overall general influence. Like I said, I have faith that Pegs will eventually figure things out.

He is the chump of all chumps. I don't care if he is in the draft war room or not, but it does bother me that he has Pegs' ear on organizational issues such as hiring HC's, keeping GM's., and just overall general influence. Like I said, I have faith that Pegs will eventually figure things out.

Really? Even after the Sabres promotion? What would have to happen do you think for him to figure it out?