Pegulas announce Rex and Whaley will return in 2016

YoloinOhio

Unless you believe--as I do--that part of the reason you have ****ty 'candidates' to choose from is because the instability of your organization repels the keepable talent.

So let me see if I'm understanding you correctly:

You'd have kept Jauron (for example) for 6 or so years to prove to a potential Belichick that you're somehow a great place to coach?

What happens when you're punting from the 30 in those 6 season?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see this team's season again ending in early December. I see a defense with a modicum of improvement, but not even close to what it should've been. I see a lot of excuses about rookie guys, and team chemistry. I see a locker room that has already proven to quit on RR quitting on him again. And I see us having to blow up the whole thing yet again, this time with 6-7 new players who we acquired for RR's system who won't fit in our new coach's system.

Pretty fun stuff. Feel the rush.

Feel the Cold Front - dropping into coverage

Murlarkey removed himself too.

I know. I just found it funny that in a conversation about stability he rattled off the last six coaches, forgetting that the mickey mouse club that was the organization from 2003-Pegula was such a toxic atmopshere that we couldn't even retain our own coaches.

They all sucked. Why would you retain them? Oh, yeah, for stability

I have no faith in Rex, and it will make me sick to see him on the sidelines making bad challenge decisions and mis-managing the clock, while on the field the players are confused and committing penalties every fifth play.

No faith whatsoever because he has given me zero reason to have faith.

So let me see if I'm understanding you correctly:

You'd have kept Jauron (for example) for 6 or so years to prove to a potential Belichick that you're somehow a great place to coach?

What happens when you're punting from the 30 in those 6 season?

No. As much I liked Dick Jauron, his regime proved woefully incapable of identifying and retaining talent and when he was asked to leave, it was time. Funny, his tenure was the longest of all the guys mentioned.

And, if it were possible, the Gailey/Fitzpatrick/Pettine combo might not have been the worst thing in the world, nor would that same combo with Schwartz been all that disagreeable.

My pitchfork is ready!

Someone bring the tar and feathers!

........this was the right move as much as some people hate it......

What is with the love of this clown? This board used to laugh at this blowhard when he was with the Jets. He hasnt made the playoffs in his last 5 years as HC and I dont see what this team has for him to put the Bills in the playoffs next year.

Rex should see no more than two games next year if they start 0-2

What is with the love of this clown? This board used to laugh at this blowhard when he was with the Jets. He hasnt made the playoffs in his last 5 years as HC and I dont see what this team has for him to put the Bills in the playoffs next year.

Rex should see no more than two games next year if they start 0-2

The team made the decision to hire him

He is gonna get at least 2 years

No way they fire him after 2 games....this is your heart talking not your head

Dareus will be fat, Jerry will take stupid penalties, KW will get hurt, Gilmore will get hurt and finally 3rd and 18's will be completed with consistency.

But hey, we got stability!

Wait, Rex and Whaley caused Williams' and Gillmore's injuries o_O

No. As much I liked Dick Jauron, his regime proved woefully incapable of identifying and retaining talent and when he was asked to leave, it was time. Funny, his tenure was the longest of all the guys mentioned.

And, if it were possible, the Gailey/Fitzpatrick/Pettine combo might not have been the worst thing in the world, nor would that same combo with Schwartz been all that disagreeable.

The Dark Lord Jauron had the benefit of two completely detached senior citizens running the show.

One would assume that someone with a younger, sharper mind like ol' Kimmy wouldn't be prone to making the same mistakes. We'll see. How long of a leash SHOULD rex get?

I, for one, thought Whaley should have been retained. He's done well bringing in talent everywhere but QB for the most part.

Rex? Eh.

I agree with this. I thought Gailey, given the incredibly mediocre receivers he had and the just servicible play he coaxed from Fitz, did a good job. His downfall was having two terrible defensive co-ordinators. Give him a couple of good receivers and a solid defense, as we see with the Jets, and he can win some games.

Disappointing...very disappointing, and yet so predictable.

And in 12 months we will be right back here...a poorly coached Rex team, tons of penalties, and "just missing" the playoffs for a 17th straight year.

May as well pin the thread now--the discussion will be the same a year from now, the same flaws will be evident with Rex, and our only hope is at that point the Pegulas will have felt Rex got a fair chance and feel (finally) a change is in order.

stability = not likely to change

That is well said. Whaley well he is learning and IMO grossly overpaid for a running back. Putting among other deals a medicore

Team up against the cap. With some players that must be kept in the next two years

rex, is in over his head gets 1 or 2 more years. Then it starts over. Honestly the guy cannot coach against the big boys

And win. I don't see him improving on anything with the possability of him zipping his lips going forward.

Todays move was probably the best of crappy choices in spite of what some think of the coach.

He did the right thing by making his announcement right now and killing off all the rumors and speculation. Both men know where they stand now, and both can start looking ahead to doing what they have to do to make this a playoff team in 2016

Yeah - gets rid of the speculation. From that perspective its a good announcement... even if unpopular.

LOL at those who always get their panties in a wad when Russ Brandon's name comes up.

The dude is president of the Bills and Sabres. He's a businessman. He has no say in the rosters and coaching of either franchise.

I wouldn't have had a huge problem with Wade sticking around. He said some dumb things his final year and made some questionable decisions, but overall he was a good coach.

Looking back on things, Wade was the best of the bunch, but he came after Marv and the best years in franchise history. "Pretty good" wasn't good enough then. Now, he'd be a friggin shining star.