Pegulas announce Rex and Whaley will return in 2016

YoloinOhio

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a plan to me. Get a new special teams coach and let acouple of the "D" line go and the scape goats will be gone. Problem solved. Philly sure knew when to bail. Maybe Kelly can be our new assistant coach.

We need little offensive help. Roman and Kelly couldn't be more different IMO

as inconsequential as it may seem, I have also resigned myself to not renewing my DTV Sunday Ticket in the wake of this announcement. I also find the timing of the announcement very odd.

Not odd. Gives the HC locker-room buy-in heading into a meaningless season finale. Eagles announcement yesterday kickstarted the 2016 coaching parade early, best to let everyone know where WE stand lest anyone lose their focus.

as inconsequential as it may seem, I have also resigned myself to not renewing my DTV Sunday Ticket in the wake of this announcement. I also find the timing of the announcement very odd.

jacksonville also announced yesterday their HC is staying next year. It's pretty common to announce these things in the last weeks of the season.

Let me be the first to say, no NFL ticket for me next year.

We all fell for it but Rex is a bum. More so than Moron was as painful as it is to admit.

" and the beat goes on."

Let me be the fist to say "yawn"

This is the worst case scenario. The tracks end in 2016, with an even more spectacular derailment.

At least you can keep your pitchfork lit now...

In what way do you see this team/ roster getting worse?

I see this team's season again ending in early December. I see a defense with a modicum of improvement, but not even close to what it should've been. I see a lot of excuses about rookie guys, and team chemistry. I see a locker room that has already proven to quit on RR quitting on him again. And I see us having to blow up the whole thing yet again, this time with 6-7 new players who we acquired for RR's system who won't fit in our new coach's system.

Pretty fun stuff. Feel the rush.

Let me be the fist to say "yawn"

At least you can keep your pitchfork lit now...

You know what I always thought was really stupid? Changing your opinions at the drop of a hat. Why should I "love" Rex now, when I thought he was a hack 6 weeks ago? Because he's staying for one more year? Talk about moronic.

I'm talking about Pettine being DC of the Bills.

but his defense... No Bueno. Especially the run D. Rex's is better. Would he run Rex's? No... Why would he? Unless that's the only job he can get. They have some similarities but they're not the same. Even though he worked for him before, that relationship didn't end well because Rex had to take back the playcalling. Edited by YoloinOhio

I see this team's season again ending in early December. I see a defense with a modicum of improvement, but not even close to what it should've been. I see a lot of excuses about rookie guys, and team chemistry. I see a locker room that has already proven to quit on RR quitting on him again. And I see us having to blow up the whole thing yet again, this time with 6-7 new players who we acquired for RR's system who won't fit in our new coach's system.

He asked you about the roster. Not the results.

Pettine coming back as his DC makes sense to me. They can improve on the bit of success the defense had in 2013. I think he's a good motivator and teacher.

He's safe in Cleveland, if Dennis Thurman is allowed to Rex's puppet DC then I see next season going nowhere as this season. It's clear Rex needs to not call the plays and needs to focus more on being head coach overseeing the game day operation.

I know the continuity arguements have been exhausted, but to me, continuity is good for one additional win. Filling holes and matching personal good for another. I don't think Rex is an amazing head coach, but dropping a guy without a chance to fully implement their system seems premature. There's no guarentee that they guys they'll bring in are going to be vastly different than players the prespective next coach will want (see Todd Bowles)