Mario Williams: "Bills' personnel doesn't fit Scheme"

Protocal69

Part that made me laugh:

"Williams spoke for 15 minutes at his locker in front of a large group of reporters. The crowd eventually included linebacker Manny Lawson and safety Aaron Williams, who craned their necks to hear.

Lawson eventually told Mario Williams to stop talking because it was time for them to work out."

Translation: "Shut up, Mario"

Manny is the only one who benefited from playing this scheme all season. He was gone if Schwartz had returned.

Corey Graham will end up with an outrageous tackle count but I bet he isn't as grateful for that as Manny is not being out of a job.

Otherwise Rex basically sank a group of safeties that looked pretty good last year........a couple LB's who looked very good last year and an entire front 4 that looked GREAT last year.

Gilmore and Darby's responsibilities wouldn't have been much different in Schwartz D but they would have had to cover for a lot less time.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, OK, I get it now. You suggest that the players are "striking while the iron is hot to get someone canned".

I suggest that the person Mario wants canned, is himself.

i think he knows he is gone and just doesn't care what he says. He said back in August that he wasn't going to restructure his contract. He would have had to have an all-world season to be kept at his current cap hit. Instead, he hit the self-preservation button and mailed it in. He can whine as much as he wants to the media, but it's unprofessional and annoying and he is part of the problem with his lack of effort, regardless of whether he is right or wrong Edited by YoloinOhio

Ah, okay. Yeah, that could be possible. Perhaps DW really loves him though.

I think Williams would be happy to stay if he can be part of the "Cold Front" again, or happy to go if he can be part of something similar somewhere else, but he clearly isn't happy about being part of a D that doesn't work

Doug Whaley catches a lot of cr**, but I think he really just wants to build a competitive roster filled with "good football guys". I think on a personal level, he'd probably be a fun guy to drink beer and joke around with, but on a professional level I think he doesn't love anyone he's all business, cold as ice and willing to sacrifice to bring in the guys needed to build a successful team and if he swings and misses, they're gone, move on. That's my opinion, I could be wrong of course. The problem is, the coach has to be willing to be open and honest about what he really wants, and flexible enough to work with what he can get. If you want a big hulking behemoth pulling guard and he isn't available, which do you want? A big hulking behemoth or a pulling guard?

Yep.

I understand the frustration, but really the Pegulas are to blame for such an awful hire.

not really. Someone who knows Xs and Os should've raised the issue. On the other hand, ryan claimed he wasn't wedded to a scheme.

C'mon Yolo - it's not for our edification. it's not us who needs to get the message. It's someone else who's first name happens to be Terry.

damn, i'm sorry, but after listening to the finger-pointing from some of these guys, it's no wonder they blow. sound like a bunch of high school drama queens to me. i think back to all the excitment of last year, and then remember some games where they underperformed…say like in Oakland. How about this year in London? How about that one last stop when your team inexplicably claws their way back into a game?

here's the thing--just because you can talk, doesn't mean you should.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

not really. Someone who knows Xs and Os should've raised the issue. On the other hand, ryan claimed he wasn't wedded to a scheme.[/quote

Ha.

Raised the issue to the new billionaire owner who was sure Rex was the guy. What are you supposed to say?

Takes a lot of balls to do something like that.

thats why they needed a football czar.

Makes you wonder if he and Rex even spoke in the offseason.

Why sign Dareus and Hughes to outrageous contracts when you could use that money to sign the LBs and CBs you need to make you're defense work and just plug in a mediocre DLine?

Well, sure they spoke - right after Rex's job interview where he explained to Doug, in front of the Pegulas who would be his new bosses, that Doug doesn't need to worry about Rex keeping the D intact because he, Rex, is a "football guy" not a "scheme guy. Then again right after Rex's pressers where he explained that he told Doug "just get me really great football players, I don't care what they look like"

Yeah, right after that, Rex took Doug out back, nudged him in the ribs, and said "it's all BS, you know. Don't spend the money on those overpriced linemen, I need some super-stud space-eating brainiac LBs and an all-star set of DB who can hold coverage for 8 seconds on all-star WR and TEs, but any old space eating hulk will work out on my D-line."

Y'all can see that happening, right?