Twitter rumors about Bills new structure, fate of Rex/Whaley

YoloinOhio

Is this a joke, or do you really have "sources"?

Oh yay, a HC with a career record of 29-51! can't wait :sick:

He would be better than what we have now

CBF

The Pegulas would look like a joke if they made this move with him previously being in Buffalo and bypassing him just last season.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a joke, or do you really have "sources"?

Some people here do have real sources; but I find myself hesitant to trust "ORTON1QB". That's an internet spam name if I've ever seen one. That being said-- I hope it's true.

The Pegulas would look like a joke if they made this move with him previously being in Buffalo and bypassing him just last season.

Who cares? If we win I'm all for it. We're already a joke. A whole host of very happy Redskins fans told me that as I was leaving the stadium. You like that?

Edited by Billschinatown

Just heard rex on the radio gushing over Whaley and his moves for awhile.

Sounds like someone at the top is pushing an agenda

I don't know, when people start expressing unwavering public support for others, that's usually a bad sign.

I don't know, when people start expressing unwavering public support for others, that's usually a bad sign.

i don't hate Rex as a coach as much as some others, but i also don't put much credence into what he says in press conferences, etc. either. I just don't think he's entirely transparent (like most coaches) but for some reason the media eats it up like gospel. This is a guy who stood before the NY media last year and declared that he thought Geno could be a very good QB in the league. Anyway, the reported rift isn't really about he and Whaley. The guy they need to ask about it is Roman. Edited by YoloinOhio

What's a kitchen fire? 8-8, 7-9, or 6-10? Those are the possible outcomes from a W-L perspective.

6-10 absolutely. In your opinion, do you give the Bills a better than 50% chance to win either of the last two games? After the debacle in Washington, I'm not so sure myself.

6-10 absolutely. In your opinion, do you give the Bills a better than 50% chance to win either of the last two games? After the debacle in Washington, I'm not so sure myself.

I think that Dallas is planning to start their 4th string quarterback. Seriously. Rex will not blitz him and will use Jerry Hughes in coverage. The corners will probably play 10-15 yards off the receivers. I also expect 10 penalties and at LEAST 2 wasted time outs.

Jauron was a bad coach, and I do mean a literal horror show. Ryan is worse, and one has to hear his nonsense as well as watch it. It's like a bad dream.

I think that Dallas is planning to start their 4th string quarterback. Seriously. Rex will not blitz him and will use Jerry Hughes in coverage. The corners will probably play 10-15 yards off the receivers. I also expect 10 penalties and at LEAST 2 wasted time outs.

Jauron was a bad coach, and I do mean a literal horror show. Ryan is worse, and one has to hear his nonsense as well as watch it. It's like a bad dream.

And we'll probably win.

Some people here do have real sources; but I find myself hesitant to trust "ORTON1QB". That's an internet spam name if I've ever seen one. That being said-- I hope it's true.

/quote]

Haha. Never trust someone with an all caps screen name.

What's a kitchen fire? 8-8, 7-9, or 6-10? Those are the possible outcomes from a W-L perspective.

Kitchen fire? That seems pretty par for the course for the last 16 years.

4th string QB? Dallas will win 50-0! Playing backups is the kiss of death for the Bills. How many times do we go into games where the other team is decimated by injuries and we still end up losing?

Question for everyone....

If it took Whaley getting let go in order for Rex to be let go, would you be ok with that?

CBF

Yep, if that is the only way to get rid of Rex.

yes change coaches,,,hes an idiot....idiots never get smarter, and his record will end up being a likeable 500 from now on...or worse. Rex will never be looked up to again. his peak was the day snachez beat the pats in a playoff game....7 years ago

Agreed!

I'm not on the continuity wagon as some - I don't like keeping a kitchen fire going simply because I don't want to deal with the remodel.

Fan the flames baby. Kitchen fires can burn the entire house to the ground if you give them space to breathe!

Too many people are emphasizing that the main problem with this team had to do with the scheme and the players suitability to fit within the scheme. No doubt that was a major factor that contributed to the regression of the defense. But for me that doesn't deal with the core of the problem associated with Rex as a HC.

No one is going to associate a Rex team with being a disciplined team. No one is going to associate a Rex team with being an intelligent team. No one is going to associate a Rex team with being a cohesive team. No one is going to associate a Rex team with being a mature team. No one going to associate a Rex team that pays attention to detail. Those issues have little to do with scheme and everything to do with how he coaches. He is a sloppy coach so it is not surprising that his team is a sloppy team on the field.

In the NFL of today players come and go due to cap reasons, injuries, free agency acquisition and departures. What Rex has demonstrated is a poor ability to adjust to roster changes and rapid changes in game situations.

The issue of scheme is the focal point for many people. That isn't the issue I am most concerned with. My sense of him is that as a coach he simply doesn't have the wherewithal to compete against the better coaches in the league. With him at the helm there is always going to be a lot of "noise" that distracts from the task of coaching.

Rex entered the western NY scene with a lot of fanfare. He literally parachuted in and drove around in his souped up truck painted with team colors. At the podium he blustered about what he was going to do. The reality is that the act didn't match his grand declarations. Do you want to know why? He's simply not competent enough.

Next year the roster will be changed to better match his specifications. What does it matter when you still can't coach? The difference between a good coach and a mediocre coach isn't always demonstrated by the record. A good coach gets his team to play to its talent level (good or bad roster) and a mediocre coach gets his team to play below its talent level (good or bad roster). Can anyone say that Rex's team didn't grossly underachieve relative to its talent level? That's the heart of the problem.

Agreed!

This is a really good point, Hope. The anomaly with the Bills defense was the 2014 season. The defense was 20th, 26th, 30th, and 28th prior to that. One has to go back to the Dick Jauron era to find when the Bills defense was even mediocre: 16, 14, 18, and 10th.

Pts allowed doesn't account for turnover points.