Report: Mario Could Be Gone- NFL.com

I'm not letting Ryan off the hook, but at the same time Williams is the biggest, highest profile FA signing in team history. It's incumbent on him to play with some pride and do his best. He IS different from other players in that sense. I hold him to a high standard.

Yea pouting to the media, which he's done a couples times this season, isn't a good look.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your point is continuity for the sake of continuity?

Got it.

The defense has been a train wreck of inconsistency since week 2, before the injuries. It's a lame cop out but you seem to be one the few that uses it as an excuse for Rexy.

Jesus. Do you listen to yourself? The defense struggled in week 2 and has run hot and cold since then. It hasn't been un unfettered train wreck, and if you're going to assert that, you're plainly ignoring reality. It's been up and down. But why do you suppose that is? Hmmmm...may be the dropoff from Duke to Aaron Williams is as immeasurable as it appears on Sundays. May be losing Kyle Williams in the middle of the defense back in mid-October really stung.

How about we actually establish some continuity?

You lambaste continuity for continuity's sake, it hasn't even had a chance THIS YEAR.

How do you justify ignoring how other franchises work through growing pains? You do realize the teams that have a habit of blowing it up when things go bad tend not to have any modicum of success, long term or otherwise? Yes? You do understand this?

Jesus. Do you listen to yourself? The defense struggled in week 2 and has run hot and cold since then. It hasn't been un unfettered train wreck, and if you're going to assert that, you're plainly ignoring reality. It's been up and down. But why do you suppose that is? Hmmmm...may be the dropoff from Duke to Aaron Williams is as immeasurable as it appears on Sundays. May be losing Kyle Williams in the middle of the defense back in mid-October really stung.

You lambaste continuity for continuity's sake, it hasn't even had a chance THIS YEAR.

How do you justify ignoring how other franchises work through growing pains? You do realize the teams that have a habit of blowing it up when things go bad tend not to have any modicum of success, long term or otherwise? Yes? You do understand this?

I agree...Though there may be some veterans on this team that have voiced out against things, maybe they need to look in the mirror just as much as they are pointing fingers. If that's the case, they can leave.

Kyle Williams will be cut this offseason and he doesn't fit the D. #RexEffect #ContinuityForCoachesOnly

The numbers and performance drop off says it all. Rex has done what he said he wouldn't do, force a system on players instead of best utilizing the talent he had. This passive, rush 3 crap is sickening to watch. The D quit on him today. 14 games in and they still don't know where to line up or who to cover. We wasted a year on this crap with a roster like this...it just pisses me off. The game has passed Rex by. I didn't necessarily think we were a lock to be a playoff team, but I didn't expect us to be an embarrassment on national TV 14 games in.

My brother, a Jet fan, told me what to expect with the 3 man rush at the end of the half & the end of the game. You are right. The game has passed him by IMO.

This is a complete 180 from last year. These guys didn't forget how to play football in 1 yr. They were all in and excited just like we were. They were duped just like we were. I'm with the players on this one, it's on Rex.

Yeah I gotta be honest too. I'm no Rex hater like a lot here, but listening to the interviews, boy it really does sound like the coaching staff lost this D a while ago, and we're only now coming to realize it. I think it's because even the media gave Rex and Co a pass.. Watching that Mario interview, I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt on this one, although I will say that even though he might hate this coaching staff for what he perceives as messing up a good thing, he still needs to go when his number is called.. His comment about making personnel changes when the Skins are breaking the huddle, is intriguing, and something me and a few others pointed out in week 4 and subsequently each week thereafter..

If you're going to be a bully then be one, play your guys against whomever the other team thinks can beat you..

I'm siding with Mario here guys, at least until I here something that suggests he's not correct.

Tim-

Actually, #2 since the merger to the initial 17 years of the Saints. If we try real hard, we'll match them next December. -or November...

With Ryan still in Buffalo next season it is a given that 17 years will be reached.

That clown is incapable of turning this around. Just his gameday mangament alone

Will be as always laughable.

I don't think Kyle will be cut. He was playing pretty well before he got hurt anyway, and the injury wasn't a terribly serious one. He offers good value too - his contract isn't huge.

Ultimately, I think he gets cut. He's old, he's been hurt enough the past few years for it to be a concern, and mainly he just doesn't fit as a two gap DL.

Your right.

Injuries were the reason we went from 3rd to 31st in the league in sacks. Injuries are why our corners are playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Injuries are why this team makes boneheaded plays game in and game out and lacks attention to detail.

You and Russ should get together in a few weeks and and talk marketing strategy for next year....

It is indeed odd to me that Rex commented that the corners were playing further off in the game than practice but it wasn't an easy and immediate fix from him on the spot.

This is all I needed to see to realize Mario isn't going to work with Rex here and one of them has to leave...this is about the worst effort you could possibly ask for from a player. Williams literally stands and watches as Cousins runs right past him for his 13 yard TD...WTF is that??? That's embarrassing. He has the nerve to be talking about scheme when that is the effort you are putting forth??

http://gfycat.com/HealthyBadConure

This is all I needed to see to realize Mario isn't going to work with Rex here and one of them has to leave...this is about the worst effort you could possibly ask for from a player. Williams literally stands and watches as Cousins runs right past him for his 13 yard TD...WTF is that??? That's embarrassing. He has the nerve to be talking about scheme when that is the effort you are putting forth??

http://gfycat.com/HealthyBadConure

Darius and Hughes stood around too.