Report: Mario Could Be Gone- NFL.com

This is all I needed to see to realize Mario isn't going to work with Rex here and one of them has to leave...this is about the worst effort you could possibly ask for from a player. Williams literally stands and watches as Cousins runs right past him for his 13 yard TD...WTF is that??? That's embarrassing. He has the nerve to be talking about scheme when that is the effort you are putting forth??

http://gfycat.com/HealthyBadConure

That is what I call a WEAK EFFORT by half the team but Mario takes the cake

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what I call a WEAK EFFORT by half the team but Mario takes the cake

The Bills gave up in the 1st quarter of that game, it's no surprise that they were all putting forth minimum effort. It's 100% on the coach, if you cant keep the players in a game then YOU are the problem. "There's no quit in this team" lol yeah right fatso

This is all I needed to see to realize Mario isn't going to work with Rex here and one of them has to leave...this is about the worst effort you could possibly ask for from a player. Williams literally stands and watches as Cousins runs right past him for his 13 yard TD...WTF is that??? That's embarrassing. He has the nerve to be talking about scheme when that is the effort you are putting forth??

Comically bad effort on this play.

HealthyBadConure.gif

The Bills gave up in the 1st quarter of that game, it's no surprise that they were all putting forth minimum effort. It's 100% on the coach, if you cant keep the players in a game then YOU are the problem. "There's no quit in this team" lol yeah right fatso

There are a couple of Bills players trying to make a play there. The handful that clearly take the play off make all the difference. It maybe even gives the illusion that Cousins is Marshawn Lynch or something.

I disagree that it is entirely the coach. I get that players don't like coaches. It happens every day that people don't like co-workers and bosses.

But to take that animosity as a license to not bother to do your job is disturbing. The word for it is unprofessional.

Let's say Rex Ryan was fired. The next head coach is going to come in and watch every play of every game. He's going to see the lack of effort, the lack of interest, the general mutiny on the field. Is the new guy going to be inspired by that? Blow it off? Do you really think the first thought that would run through his head might be something like: Gee, that could never happen to me if I keep this group together and let them get away with this stuff?

C'mon, man. There is something hugely wrong, and whether Rex is fired or not, a roster overhaul is coming.

lmao How can Ryan say the defense didn't quit on him??? He made the Defense adjust to his scheme when he should of left the defense alone. How's your scheme working with the players you inherited Rex? What a giant bonehead who's ego overtakes intelligence.

Darius and Hughes stood around too.

That's not true. Hughes was is a slow trot.

lmao How can Ryan say the defense didn't quit on him??? He made the Defense adjust to his scheme when he should of left the defense alone. How's your scheme working with the players you inherited Rex? What a giant bonehead who's ego overtakes intelligence.

lol. So the fact that Mario is just walking around is Rex's fault?

The guy has 17 tackles this season. He's been walking around for a while now. And he's a leader on this team. This is the example he sets- playing at half speed and whining to the media. The guy has no idea what it takes to be a winner in the NFL.

Edited by vincec

Your right.

Injuries were the reason we went from 3rd to 31st in the league in sacks. Injuries are why our corners are playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Injuries are why this team makes boneheaded plays game in and game out and lacks attention to detail.

You and Russ should get together in a few weeks and and talk marketing strategy for next year....

*You're.

Also, I'm glad to see we're still conflating the sack stat to make our point. We had even more sacks in 2013, and that defense was terribly suspect, in spite of what your rosy hindsight tells you.

Also. YES. YES YES YES YES the reason players are making bonehead, undisciplined plays is because they're backups. Hello? Is it really that hard to put 2 and 2 together?

See: Williams, Duke

Comically bad effort on this play

I disagree. What we see here from 94 doesn't qualify as effort. Comical or otherwise.

Jesus. Cousins is at the 17 when 94 decides to stop playing. Get this piece of crap off our team. It's like playing 10 v 11 when his worthless ass is out there.

Wait, nevermind. The scheme told him to stand up and stop playing once the QB was flushed out of the pocket. 94 is good, fire Rex. :wallbash:

Lol. Because they weren't making these mistakes back in week 2 or week 6.

Continue your suppory of a mediocre football coach for the sake of continuity.

That continuity for the Jets paid off for them too until they finally said screw continuity and started fresh. They are really regretting that....

I notice no one ever mentions week one when we criticize our coaches.

Also, if you have to make things up to support your theory (in this case what happened in NY), then your theory is ****.

That's not true. Hughes was is a slow trot.lol. So the fact that Mario is just walking around is Rex's fault?

The guy has 17 tackles this season. He's been walking around for a while now. And he's a leader on this team. This is the example he sets- playing at half speed and whining to the media. The guy has no idea what it takes to be a winner in the NFL.

No Mario is walking around cause He's a giant Baby who's protesting Ryan's scheme by not doing anything. If an employee in ANY job on the planet pulled that **** they would be fired immediately. That should also be the case here. He's a selfish prima Donna like alot of the players on this team and I use the term team very lightly. One of the main reasons this bunch will be on the couch with their hands down their pants yet again for the playoffs. Edited by BeefCurtns

If we're looking for the most conspicuous example of his lack of effort, this would be my nominee. The rush by #94 here on a 7-step drop on the first defensive play of the second half - presumably after they've been fired up at halftime -- is just pathetic. Watch and weep:

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/9gkt.mp4

Also, compare him with Hughes.

Edited by dave mcbride

For those in the "Rex can't coach" camp, a few comments from Eric Wood:

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/12/eric_wood_defends_rex_ryans_defensive_scheme_against_mario_williams_comments.html

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the film room as the players watch. Belichik would just make him inactive for the rest of the year. Unacceptable IMO.

Can I start the Hard Knocks in 2016 train? Edited by Heitz