Report: Mario Could Be Gone- NFL.com

he was paid that money because he's a playmaker.. he must still see himself as a playmaker, because he's pretty disgusted with how he's being used

what's so 'hilarious', is that you and he actually want the same thing

He loses one on one battles. Let me rephrase: he never wins one on one battles.

Playmaker my foot.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan has coached legit NFL defenses before. It doesn't add up that he'd ask one of his better pass rushers (on paper) to do nothing more than bull rush and grapple with the tackle play after play after play. It's still the NFL. You build a "tendency" like that and you are going to be useless.

Look it up. It's a myth. He's coached plenty of mediocre defenses.

Mario, Leo, Harvin, Carpenter and Kyle most likely will not be back

Lawson, Urbik, Woods, Hogan, Robey, and Bradham could all be gone as well

It will be another year of Rex being able to use the lack of talent excuse

He loses one on one battles. Let me rephrase: he never wins one on one battles.

Playmaker my foot.

Is he playing gap control? Is he reading and reacting? Where is he lining up? 7 tech? 9 tech? 5 tech? Is he supposed to bump the RB on release? Is he supposed to play contain? Is he supposed to drop to the flat?

No no, everyone on the defense magically sucks now. #Continuity

Well, if true that he blew it off, that's disgraceful. Regardless of his happiness with the scheme, he is one of the HIGHEST paid players in the league. It's incumbent on him to try. Given his salary, his whiny, low-effort disappearing act is for the birds.

Agreed

I've been a Bills fan since the early 60s and this is the most disappointing season. Ever. The team was in place to excel. All Ryan had to do was keep Schwartz, and let his new offensive coordinator -- who actually knew what he was doing, compared to the high school coach they had the past couple years -- use the new talent. Ryan had a choice. He could be a hero and lead his team to the playoffs, or he could be an egotistical jerk who destroyed a powerhouse defense, because the round pegs that worked so well the past two years didn't fit into his square holes. Guess which one he chose. So now the city and Bills fans all across the world have to suffer because of this egotistical, arrogant jerk.

No coach in the league could stop the Bills defense. Except Rex Ryan, who's completely neutralized it. Thanks Rex. Back to the drawing board, and hoping the stars align again three coaches and eight QBs into the future. And maybe even a new owner and a new city into the future. The damage this guy has done is incredible. And guess what, he's just getting started. Ryan will want to tear this house down to the studs so he can rebuild it in his image. I'm just disgusted, and what's worse, for the first time in decades I don't think next year will be better.

Yep, yep and yep!!

For anyone who missed Buscaglia's photo, that's Mario Williams being blocked by Darren Sproles. I repeat, Darren Sproles, one of the smallest RBs in the league. Mario, pick that little dude up and throw him into the QB!

CWSZOH1WEAE7hSm.png

That is sad and disgusting!!!

For anyone who missed Buscaglia's photo, that's Mario Williams being blocked by Darren Sproles. I repeat, Darren Sproles, one of the smallest RBs in the league. Mario, pick that little dude up and throw him into the QB!

CWSZOH1WEAE7hSm.png

What a wuss. That is almost as bad as when JJ Watt was whining over the bruises he got from Fred Jackson. Another running back.......Wasaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

He's paid a crapload of money to make plays. He makes none. It ain't rocket science.

The fact that he blames everyone but himself is actually kinda hilarious.

And Rex is being paid pretty good to use what WAS a great d (including) Mario and take it to the next level. We always want to find a whipping boy and it's sad to not put it where it belongs. Even a blind person can see what Rex did to the this d. I'm glad he called out rex. As Mario said it's the whole unit that's still confused and we're still sending in sub's way to late in the play clock. Too many plays where we're not even set and still calling out assignments. That's on the coaching,and your new willing boy has the balls to call out the terrible job being done by Rex and the rest of these clowns.

What a wuss. That is almost as bad as when JJ Watt was whining over the bruises he got from Fred Jackson. Another running back.......Wasaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

So if Mario gets by Sproles I don't see who'll cover Sproles. Must be Rex' special d that's gonna account for Sproles. STOP IT ALREADY. Mario is not the problem, it's sexy REXY.

what a shame.....a total disconnect.

BOTH rex and mario are at fault.

Rex's 3-4 scheme does NOT utilize his current players to their best. what he did to the 2014 D is criminal.

Mario should quit sulking and give 100%. just beat the guy in front of you. he mailed it in this year.

Simple question:

Who would you rather have, Mario playing or Rex coaching?

How about send both of them packing.

Such a joke to have beasts like Dareus, KW and Mario and not attack the QB.

Screw Ryan, screw Mario.

Screw the BIlls!

what a shame.....a total disconnect.

BOTH rex and mario are at fault.

Rex's 3-4 scheme does NOT utilize his current players to their best. what he did to the 2014 D is criminal.

Mario should quit sulking and give 100%. just beat the guy in front of you. he mailed it in this year.

:thumbsup:

Is he playing gap control? Is he reading and reacting? Where is he lining up? 7 tech? 9 tech? 5 tech? Is he supposed to bump the RB on release? Is he supposed to play contain? Is he supposed to drop to the flat?

No no, everyone on the defense magically sucks now. #Continuity

So your method here is to bludgeon me with terminology in hopes that I'll back down and admit...what, exactly? That Mario has done anything well this season? Well, he hasn't.

And you can frame it as a coach issue all you like, but he pulled the exact same crap in Houston.

You're free to sign up for the Pitchfork Brigade and demand a new coach every 13.5 weeks, that's fine. But don't lie to me and to yourself about the quality of play of well-known malcontent who has a history of throwing himself pity parties and shutting down when he doesn't get his way.

On how to look it up? Since 2011 his defense have been the bottom half of the league in pts allowed. 5 consecutive seasons. That's not genius....

How about no. How about the guy who makes something up that's contrary to every stat and every ranking seen or discussed here over the past year has the burden of proof.

So your method here is to bludgeon me with terminology in hopes that I'll back down and admit...what, exactly? That Mario has done anything well this season? Well, he hasn't.

And you can frame it as a coach issue all you like, but he pulled the exact same crap in Houston.

You're free to sign up for the Pitchfork Brigade and demand a new coach every 13.5 weeks, that's fine. But don't lie to me and to yourself about the quality of play of well-known malcontent who has a history of throwing himself pity parties and shutting down when he doesn't get his way.

How about no. How about the guy who makes something up that's contrary to every stat and every ranking seen or discussed here over the past year has the burden of proof.

I'm asking if you even know what Mario's role is? You act like his only job is to win "one on one" matchups. Clearly, that's not the case in the RR defense.

I know you won't back down. You are the resident coach apologist. Luckily, you won't have to defend Rex for longer than one more year, if that. It will start getting really hard.

I'm asking if you even know what Mario's role is? You act like his only job is to win "one on one" matchups. Clearly, that's not the case in the RR defense.

I know you won't back down. You are the resident coach apologist. Luckily, you won't have to defend Rex for longer than one more year, if that. It will start getting really hard.

I'm not apologizing for anyone in this scenario. But the fact that you are defending Mario Williams after the crap effort he's given this season--which is abundantly obviously to anyone who watches this team and wants them to win--is just baffling.

I won't and don't have to answer your (predictably) skewing question. He's sucked this year. Period. Flat out. He. Has. SUCKED.