New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

People actually believe this **** in 2017?

Well, 39 people of Heavan's Gates committed suicide to have their soles enter a flying spacecraft chasing the Hale-Bopp Comet in '97. Has that much changed in 20 years? Some people are just more susceptible to that kind of stuff than others. Or, maybe we're the idiots who could be chasing Hale-Bopp right now.

Well, 39 people of Heavan's Gates committed suicide to have their soles enter a flying spacecraft chasing the Hale-Bopp Comet in '97. Has that much changed in 20 years? Some people are just more susceptible to that kind of stuff than others. Or, maybe we're the idiots who could be chasing Hale-Bopp right now.

Got your sneakers ready? Kool-aid is over there...

People actually believe this **** in 2017?

This was my reaction when I read it in the paper last month. Dig her up. Ship her to Denver. Seal her coffin with gold wax. Sounds like some Satanic ritual or something. Freaky.

I still think it's desecration, even if Azalin says it's not.

Edited by reddogblitz

looks as if the 'brave' protesters have thought better of it,

Protests at Gettysburg this weekendor maybe not

Gettysburg anniversary seeing few flare-ups, despite rumors of ...
www.foxnews.com/.../gettysburg-anniversary-seeing-few-flare-ups-despite-rumors-viole...
1 day ago - Despite rampant rumors of violence, protests and counter-protests planned this weekend atGettysburg that prompted heightened security, ...

Why would they have to kill themselves just so their soles could enter the spacecraft? Why not just rent a rocket and pile up their shoes for the rendezvous?

Why would they have to kill themselves just so their soles could enter the spacecraft? Why not just rent a rocket and pile up their shoes for the rendezvous?

I don't recall them being adherers of the Buchanan/Tony Snow wing of the McGlaughlin Group back in the day.

This was my reaction when I read it in the paper last month. Dig her up. Ship her to Denver. Seal her coffin with gold wax. Sounds like some Satanic ritual or something. Freaky.

I still think it's desecration, even if Azalin says it's not.

I'm hardly what anyone (except maybe an activist atheist) would call religious, but I've always considered desecration of a grave as physically disrespecting it, since most graves are considered to be hallowed ground. The act of beatification is to my knowledge the exact opposite of desecration. Looks like we've got our own definitions of what desecration is.

:beer:

Edited by Azalin

I don't recall them being adherers of the Buchanan/Tony Snow wing of the McGlaughlin Group back in the day.

I don't get it.

By soles did he mean fish and not shoes?

Even so I still don't think I get it.

Edited by 4merper4mer

They all wanted to be soul survivors but found out that only one of them could be a sole sister. It's taken a long time for them to come to that realization and heel.

• 1 month later...
The Democrats’ Efforts To Erase History They Don’t Like Hits A Stone Wall

by Susan Wright

Both my maternal and paternal great-grandfathers were Civil War vets, fighting for the Confederacy.With that being said, I never laid claim to status as a “proud rebel” or waved a confederate flag.

I appreciate the historical significance of those things related to the Civil War-era, however.

That’s why I’m particularly pleased with this decision by the U.S. Army.

Two streets at Fort Hamilton, in Brooklyn, New York honoring the Confederate Generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson became the target of Democrat lawmakers in June. They asked that the Army rename those streets, in the ongoing effort to purge that part of our nation’s history.

The Army responded: No.

“After over a century, any effort to rename memorializations on Fort Hamilton would be controversial and divisive,” Diane Rendon, an official in the Army’s bureau of manpower and reserve affairs, wrote in a July 20 letter. “This is contrary to the nation’s original intent in naming these streets, which was the spirit of reconciliation.”

Great point. You don’t change history by covering it up, and for some people, this matters. It’s part of their heritage and if you attack that heritage, eventually they’ll lash out. It becomes a cycle.

The South already lost the war (of Northern Aggression – jk.). This is a very small thing to ask, for the sake of peace.

Nope.

According to Democrats, it’s a racist thing. They can’t seem to get it through their heads that for some, it really is about holding on to a piece of their family history, and has nothing to do with racism, white supremacy, or anything else that could spring forth from the fevered mind of Democrats.

Rep. Yvette Clarke, D-N.Y., mocked the decision as a victory for white supremacy. “That ‘reconciliation’ was actually complicity by the North and the South to ignore the interests of African Americans and enforce white supremacy, effectively denying the result of the Civil War for generations,” she said Monday. “These monuments are deeply offensive to the hundreds of thousands of Brooklyn residents and members of the armed forces stationed at Fort Hamilton whose ancestors Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson fought to hold in slavery.”

And that’s never an issue until Democrats make it an issue.

Rendon disputed that contention in the letter while acknowledging the “significance and sensitivity” of the street names. “Streets on our military installations are often named for a soldier who holds a place of significance in our military history,” she wrote. “The great generals of the Civil War, Union and Confederate, are an inextricable part of our military history. The men in question were honored on Fort Hamilton as individuals, not as representatives of any particular cause or ideology.”

Again, very fair.

“This fight isn’t over yet,” Clarke
in
. “I will continue to call on [the U.S. Army] to reckon with history & remove the names of Confederate generals from Fort Hamilton, Brooklyn.

Because you have nothing else to do for your constituents?

I am not a Confederate. I am an American, but this is just silly, and New York Democrats are making it worse.

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/08/07/democrats-efforts-erase-history-dont-like-hits-stone-wall/

It's just a distraction designed to keep voters from actually looking into the things that matter,

Anti-confederate memorial activists are protesting in an effort to distract the nation from the Trump agenda?

Anti-confederate memorial activists are protesting in an effort to distract the nation from the Trump agenda?

Distraction for Ms. Clarke, so her constituents don't actually hold her to the real responsibilities of her job.

Racist scum march turns violent in Virginia, governor declares state of emergency. The open embrace of Nazis, kkk and southern history is at least a truthful reminder of the similarity between the Southern Confederacy and Nazi Germany

Saturday’s rally was supposed to start at noon, but the scene at the park had grown chaotic by late morning, with white nationalists and neo-Nazis facing off with Black Lives Matter demonstrators and other counterprotesters. Inside the park, which was encircled with metal barricades and the police, hundreds of white nationalists gathered around the Lee statue, chanting phrases like “You will not replace us,” and “Jew will not replace us.”

Outside the park, a huge mass of counterprotesters grew, shouting phrases like “Nazi scum.” By 11:35 a.m., the police had retreated, the barricades had come down and fights had broken out. People were seen clubbing one another in the streets. Pepper spray filled the air as the police attempted to contain the situation.****

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/12/us/charlottesville-protest-white-nationalist.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news