Charles Clay: Day to Day with Pulled Back Muscle

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boohoo. All teams have injuries. We don't need to sit here inventing reasons why the Bills have more injuries than other teams. We are not good enough. That's why there are no playoffs this year, and that's why we can't overcome our injuries. It has nothing to do with a poor training program. What poster's have such inside access that they know for a fact our conditioning program is to blame? That's just plain ridiculous.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Christ, this is the most injury-plagued season I can ever remember.

That includes 2007, when there were so many injuries they had to sign a WR they cut in camp to play strong safety.

If you are talking about George Wilson, he actually worked out pretty well, all things considered.

How many man hours have the Bills lost compared to the rest of the league? How many of these injuries are of the soft tissue variety vs bone breaks? Ligament & tendon damage can be prevented with different conditioning techniques. Just watch Clay's pilates episode. It was shocking to me how stiff he was and I'm guessing most of these players are like him or worse.

Football isa high strength highly explosive sport. To be both of those things, you need to be tight to be that explosive at a high level in this sport. That said I think football/the NFL does a poor job. I've seen these guys lift in person. Technically it's poor, with really heavy weights. I know guys who work in high level physiology (international competition) who all pretty much agree the NFL is full of the B team guys in regard to sport, and are considered meatheads.

Think rubber band. You want to flick one across the room, or use it for a "slingshot". What produces the greatest distance/speed/power. Brand new rubber band, out of the box, not the one that has been keeping together your mail or pencils.

Conversely, being looser related to better endurance and aerobic capacity, but significantly lesser max power output and explosiveness.

If Pegula does anything this year, it's to hire real conditioning trainers, and not some retread weight lifting coaches. NFL needs to join the 21st century.

Ah hah, another conspiracy theory on the Bills training staff; do you happen to have any shred of linkage between the Bills' injuries and the quality of their trainers/conditioning staff.

You (and many others on TBD) conveniently ignore the increase of injuries every year. Football is a game played by men who are bigger,stronger, and faster with each passing year.

Football isa high strength highly explosive sport. To be both of those things, you need to be tight to be that explosive at a high level in this sport. That said I think football/the NFL does a poor job. I've seen these guys lift in person. Technically it's poor, with really heavy weights. I know guys who work in high level physiology (international competition) who all pretty much agree the NFL is full of the B team guys in regard to sport, and are considered meatheads.

Think rubber band. You want to flick one across the room, or use it for a "slingshot". What produces the greatest distance/speed/power. Brand new rubber band, out of the box, not the one that has been keeping together your mail or pencils.

Conversely, being looser related to better endurance and aerobic capacity, but significantly lesser max power output and explosiveness.

You cannot be serious right now? :rolleyes:

Weight training increases bone strength. Bills definitely seem to have a slightly higher injury rate than most teams.

Actually weight training increases bone density. Since you are claiming weight training increases bone "strength", are you suggesting the Bills have a lower rate of fractures? There have been zero Bills out with fractures this year. They "definitely seem" to have a slightly higher injury rate? Where is your data?

Actually, what are you trying to say ??

You cannot be serious right now? :rolleyes:

LOTS of wannabe MDs and athletic trainers on this Board; don't quit your day jobs guys

If Pegula does anything this year, it's to hire real conditioning trainers, and not some retread weight lifting coaches. NFL needs to join the 21st century.

how can you say this without even knowing the type of injury Clay has? Ignorance is bliss ......

Ah hah, another conspiracy theory on the Bills training staff; do you happen to have any shred of linkage between the Bills' injuries and the quality of their trainers/conditioning staff.

You (and many others on TBD) conveniently ignore the increase of injuries every year. Football is a game played by men who are bigger,stronger, and faster with each passing year.

And yet some teams manage to stay healthier than others.

I do recall last year Marrone complaining how out of touch our training staff was. As they say, where's the smoke there's fire.

Having said that, didn't Carpenter get some award last year, outstanding training staff or something??

Right, because we are the only team in the NFL that suffered injuries this year so that will help. Do you know the Bills training staff?

And yet some teams manage to stay healthier than others.

please provide data, otherwise it's pure speculation.

I do recall last year Marrone complaining how out of touch our training staff was. As they say, where's the smoke there's fire.

Having said that, didn't Carpenter get some award last year, outstanding training staff or something??

another very conclusive suggestion - :wallbash::wallbash:

No question. After which I'll be excited to see the perennial pro bowlers who are picked right before the Bills selection in April.

Worse are the Pro Bowlers picked right AFTER the Bills picks!

Either way it hurts.

please provide data, otherwise it's pure speculation.

another very conclusive suggestion - :wallbash::wallbash:

Google is your friend, and this isn't even an all inclusive list. Pretty high correlation between teams with many names on this list and losing records. Of course the Pats* are the exception that proves the rule.