Charles Clay: Day to Day with Pulled Back Muscle

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were very lucky last year regarding injuries.

lucky on defense but had a few (both RBs,banged up Sammy, McKelvin for half the season, Dareus and Gilmore in Oakland). I saw this earlier for comparison

@ChrisTrapasso: Perspective: In 2014: #Bills D starters missed total of 13 games due to injury. In 2015 thru Week 14: #Bills D starters have missed 29 games

lucky on defense but had a few (both RBs,banged up Sammy, McKelvin for half the season, Dareus and Gilmore in Oakland). I saw this earlier for comparison

@ChrisTrapasso: Perspective: In 2014: #Bills D starters missed total of 13 games due to injury. In 2015 thru Week 14: #Bills D starters have missed 29 games

Throw in kiko and its even, eh? Or were all the missed games him?

Weight training increases bone strength. Bills definitely seem to have a slightly higher injury rate than most teams.

You mean except last year when almost nobody got hurt and our athletic staff won an award for best in the NFL?

Throw in kiko and its even, eh? Or were all the missed games him?

i don't know how he came up with that but I doubt he's including Kiko. However I don't think he's including the preseason injuries in 2015's numbers either (McKelvin) and just counting Darby as starter. Probably counted Bradham as starter for last year vs Kiko. Edited by YoloinOhio

You cannot be serious right now? :rolleyes:

Can be, and am. The leading research for high level physiology globally are coming out of the GIS, AIS, and Switzerland. The most astringent body in the USA to practice sports medicine is US Ski and Snowboard. They have some of the best sports medicine professionals in the world, let alone the nation.

Ah hah, another conspiracy theory on the Bills training staff; do you happen to have any shred of linkage between the Bills' injuries and the quality of their trainers/conditioning staff.

You (and many others on TBD) conveniently ignore the increase of injuries every year. Football is a game played by men who are bigger,stronger, and faster with each passing year.

I posted on this topic a few weeks back:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/183396-what-nobody-is-really-talking-about-that-does-worry-me-a-lot/page-3

Here's the article touting Rusty Jones' reputation by prior players, coaches, etc.:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-02-07/sports/ct-spt-0208-bears-pompei-rusty-jones-chicago--20130208_1_rusty-jones-strength-coach-phil-emery

If Pegula does anything this year, it's to hire real conditioning trainers, and not some retread weight lifting coaches. NFL needs to join the 21st century.

Thank Mularkey for firing Rusty Jones. That's when the Bills started having the worst injury problems in the NFL. Maybe we can coax Rusty out of retirement.

You are correct sir. Rusty Jones was the best, and Mularkey #$%^ed us.

Thank Mularkey for firing Rusty Jones. That's when the Bills started having the worst injury problems in the NFL. Maybe we can coax Rusty out of retirement.

You are correct sir. Rusty Jones was the best, and Mularkey #$%^ed us.

Do you mean his retirement from the Bears in 2013?

Time flies Jones went to the Bears in 2005

Chicago Bears director of physical development Rusty Jones has decided to call it quits after eight season with the organization.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/1259361-bears-rusty-jones-retires

He wouldn't know what to do in the offense.

Obviously there is no time. Even just to block and pass protect oh and of course Team Captain for the coin toss.

Chris watches game film daily for the radio show he does in DC. Who better to know the Skins weaknesses!!!.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

The offense looked much different (not in a good way) without Clay last week. He's almost as important as McCoy and Sammy in all of the things he does and number of snaps he plays. Huge loss, especially with his backup Grey already out and we are down to Gragg and OLeary. Especially from a blocking perspective. At least they can game plan around not having him this week, which they weren't able to do last week.