need a good idea for secret santa office gift...$30-ish

The Poojer

maybe not clean and appropriate enough but we were once invited to a dinner party with a "dirty santa" gift exchange. I kinda misunderstood the meaning (it was one of those things where you draw numbers and someone with a later number can steal an already opened present). I brought a copy of the "kama sutra" and a decent cigar, gift wrapped. caused quite a stir and was regifted many times over the years (without the cigar) at the same event. it became more dog eared every year. on second thought, you might want to wait til your second year on the job for that.

yeah it's one of those where people can steal a previously received gift. male or female.

maybe not clean and appropriate enough but we were once invited to a dinner party with a "dirty santa" gift exchange. I kinda misunderstood the meaning (it was one of those things where you draw numbers and someone with a later number can steal an already opened present). I brought a copy of the "kama sutra" and a decent cigar, gift wrapped. caused quite a stir and was regifted many times over the years (without the cigar) at the same event. it became more dog eared every year. on second thought, you might want to wait til your second year on the job for that.

yeah it's one of those where people can steal a previously received gift. male or female.

Well that would male some of the exchanges interesting. "It's not for me, it's for my wife".

Anyway with regard to bizarre, clean and appropriate, are you will settle for 2 out of 3?

company spotted us $30, i can go higher if i choose, wouldn't know a good absinthe from a bad, but that really is a good idea, different than the boring liquor stand-bys

He said $30-ish. Decent absinthe starts at $40 and even that stuff is questionable.

He said $30-ish. Decent absinthe starts at $40 and even that stuff is questionable.

I recently bought a 50 ml bottle for about $10 bucks at a va abc store. could get 2. nobody is going to know about quality. very few people have had it. this was a brand I've seen before. it might be a good conversation piece.

here's the brand: http://www.absente.com/

Edited by birdog1960

I recently bought a 50 ml bottle for about $10 bucks at a va abc store. could get 2. nobody is going to know about quality. very few people have had it. this was a brand I've seen before. it might be a good conversation piece.

here's the brand: http://www.absente.com/

There is nothing better than good absinthe though. If you're going to turn someone on to something as classic as that get them something good! I know a guy who makes his own. Grows his own wormwood. Fantastic stuff.

But I'd be careful of absinthe unless you know they like it. Some people absolutely can't stand it.

company spotted us $30, i can go higher if i choose, wouldn't know a good absinthe from a bad, but that really is a good idea, different than the boring liquor stand-bys

This is a bit expensive but it's really good. Made down the road from me.

http://www.stgeorgespirits.com/spirit/absinthe/

:w00t: as a bonus $1 will be given to the maui dog fund or some such thing. ha! also like the also recommended "how to poo at work"- don't let number 2 stop you from being number 1 at work.. this is the stuff you want at these things.

Edited by birdog1960

You could buy them a subscription to Two Bills Drive. It's a regular $30/year (I just got mine reduced to $28.99 because I arranged for ACH transfer to Beerball to avoid delays).

What?!?! How much? How did you get that deal?

:censored: you Beerball.

sure i can do the liquor route, but where's the fun in that....i'm the new guy here, need to get something bizarre, but relatively 'clean and appropriate'...any thoughts?

Do they have a Spencer's by you? If so why don't you get a pair of fundies. They are underwear that fit two people inside them.

I didn't read thru all the replies so not sure if this type of thing has been mentioned.

What about a pair of bluetooth headphones ($20 Amazon), an iPhone/iPod armband ($7-10 Amazon), and a water bottle for the workout enthusiast. A lot of people would probably like a pair of gifts like that.