Trump Alone at the Top

Glenn Reynolds:

I’VE ALREADY EXPRESSED MY DOUBTS ABOUT A BIG TRUMP INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN, but this, alas, seems right: “We’ve spent 35 years having the ‘big government versus small government’ fight. Big government won. You can be mad about it, you can disagree with it, but it is what it is.”

I’m not opposed to better roads and airports, but the truth is, there’s been a lot of money thrown at those projects, and most of it seems to get diverted into graft, consultants, and environmental impact statements. If you really want to see infrastructure boom, get rid of a lot of that federal regulation and the existing money will go far enough to get us more and better new infrastructure than even a huge slug of new cash will get us without such reform.

But my approach offers fewer opportunities for graft.

You really should understand what you post...most of the money does not end up in graft...You know the fake news stuff....ya your that guy

You really should understand what you post...most of the money does not end up in graft...You know the fake news stuff....ya your that guy

I guess shovel-ready was not...uhhh...as shovel ready as we expected.

Over 830 BILLION dollars, most of it laundered to 2008 Obama backers. And little else to show for it but road signs planted where nothing ever happened.

But hey...you're doing a great job pushing that whole 'fake news' narrative. It's really working for ya. :lol:

Over 830 BILLION dollars, most of it laundered to 2008 Obama backers. And little else to show for it but road signs planted where nothing ever happened.

But hey...you're doing a great job pushing that whole 'fake news' narrative. It's really working for ya. :lol:

I would love the Trump administration to tell Oakland and SF that we will continue to give you funds even if you continue to be a sanctuary city. But here's what we're going to do with it. We're going to use every penning to fix your !@#$ed up roads. Every goddamn penny! Worst roads in the country!!

Don't bother LA, Baskin's post is a textbook example of a poor post.

He projects his bias onto the poster (I have little doubt that he did not open the link or understand the clip)

He cherrypicks just one of the parts of the quotes ignoring the rest ( standard practice)

and then he parrots the latest liberal flavor of the month...."Fake News" (but remember he's not a liberal)

This is why I ignore posters like Gator and Baskin................too shallow and predictable to bother with.

I would love the Trump administration to tell Oakland and SF that we will continue to give you funds even if you continue to be a sanctuary city. But here's what we're going to do with it. We're going to use every penning to fix your !@#$ed up roads. Every goddamn penny! Worst roads in the country!!

How is that even possible? You have no weather there :lol:

Uhhh Chef.... Those aren't potholes you're hitting.

They're homeless people.

How is that even possible? You have no weather there :lol:

No weather but shitloads of traffic. You can tell which freeways allow truck traffic from the ports and the ones that don't.

Uhhh Chef.... Those aren't potholes you're hitting.

They're homeless people.

Well then use that money to get the !@#$ing homeless off the streets. And that is something I'd not have a problem having my tax dollars go towards. The majority of people on the streets are crazy. I'm am so !@#$ing tired of driving by these homeless encampments. It's disgusting.

homeless-encampment-oakland-ca-G2M34G.jp

Screen_Shot_2014-05-05_at_7.20.28_PM.png

Edited by Chef Jim

You're missing the rest of the quote - and most of it seems to get diverted into graft, consultants, and environmental impact statements

If Trump announces a $1 trillion shovel-ready infrastructure plan in the beginning of 2017, how much actual infrastructure construction will occur before his term is up, let alone by the end of 2017?

You're missing the rest of the quote - and most of it seems to get diverted into graft, consultants, and environmental impact statements

If Trump announces a $1 trillion shovel-ready infrastructure plan in the beginning of 2017, how much actual infrastructure construction will occur before his term is up, let alone by the end of 2017?

You mean 2024 though.

It's a month into his "president-elect" status, and you are fretting over every "news" story you can dig up. It's a waste of energy.

Everything's gonna be alright.

Edited by HoF Watkins