Trump Alone at the Top

The party that brought up us eight years of embarrassing incompetence known as Barack Obama thinks Trump is a bad idea.

That's rich, Geno.

Obama is a bad president.

Trump is bad.

Trump won't win. He is leading now but he's maxed out his support around 30%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Once the duds (including Carson who polls high still but in the last of his 15 minutes) drop off, the support for non-Trumps will rise. The polls are still just who's on your mind polls--not who will you vote for. Trump will not be the nominee.

I predict Rubio, with an outside shot at Bush, Christie, or Cruz. It would be a mistake to underestimate Bush. He's exactly the tried and true milquetoast candidate to survive all the rancor and rise through the ranks as rational people start to realize Trump is actually on ballots.

Edited by Observer

The party that brought up us eight years of embarrassing incompetence known as Barack Obama thinks Trump is a bad idea.

That's rich, Geno.

Exactly. It seems like a lot of people are forgetting that last time up we elected a quasi-celebrity speech reader because he had a darkish complexion and was the cool and popular guy. Now we're suddenly all about substance.

Exactly. It seems like a lot of people are forgetting that last time up we elected a quasi-celebrity speech reader because he had a darkish complexion and was the cool and popular guy. Now we're suddenly all about substance.

Actually Obama is just a smart guy and a calm, rational leader. Just like we should have

not that trump would be the first prez with a mental illness but I think he clearly meets criteria for this: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stop-walking-eggshells/201510/does-donald-trump-have-narcissistic-personality-disorder

I suspect the way he acts publicly is more affectation than his actual personality.

But that makes it know less worrisome, that so many people would support an obvious caricature.

I suspect the way he acts publicly is more affectation than his actual personality.

But that makes it know less worrisome, that so many people would support an obvious caricature.

rubbish. a leopard doesn't change his spots. only a narcissist would choose the public persona of a narcissist. we're seeing his true, very ugly colors. he has no empathy for anyone. it's been shown abundantly by his actions throughout his life.

The last celebrity speech reader we had was Reagan, and Clinton became a celebrity.

Obama was a breath of fresh air that got stale quickly. I had hopes for him even though I voted against.

rubbish. a leopard doesn't change his spots. only a narcissist would choose the public persona of a narcissist. we're seeing his true, very ugly colors. he has no empathy for anyone. it's been shown abundantly by his actions throughout his life.

So are you saying that you're this is your real persona?

The last celebrity speech reader we had was Reagan, and Clinton became a celebrity.

Obama was a breath of fresh air that got stale quickly. I had hopes for him even though I voted against.

Disagree on Reagan. He'd built up a respectable resume by the time he ran for the Presidency. He also had substance. Obama was a nobody who gave a speech in 2004 and won a gimme Senate election just prior to declaring, who ran on a platform of fluff.

So are you saying that you're this is your real persona?

what? and you criticize me for syntax? now if I was a narcissist, i'd attack you to make myself look inferior and me even more relatively superior. oh, wait...

but i'm not running for president.

Edited by birdog1960

what? and you criticize me for syntax? now if I was a narcissist, i'd attack you to make myself look inferior and me even more relatively superior. oh, wait...

but i'm not running for president.

And I wouldn't care if you attacked me either way because I don't take you seriously nor do I care about your opinion.

Disagree on Reagan. He'd built up a respectable resume by the time he ran for the Presidency. He also had substance. Obama was a nobody who gave a speech in 2004 and won a gimme Senate election just prior to declaring, who ran on a platform of fluff.

Precisely. Reagan was a two-term California governor. Barry was nothing more than a community organizer who won local elections by getting his competition eliminated through unsealed divorce docs, and earned everything else from affirmative action.

Actually Obama is just a smart guy ...

If only we could see those college transcripts, eh, nutsucker? Because otherwise everything we've seen him do suggests that while he is a lot of things, smart is definitely one of them.

Are you people serious with this? Are you really so anxious to see another Clinton in the White House?

Idiocracy, indeed.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/04/politics/donald-trump-poll-cnn-orc-national/index.html

People have lost a grip with reality right now, but when it comes down to choices I think people will put hysteria and hype aside and coalesce around truly qualified candidates. I think Rubio of the field is probably the best choice, one who is conservative but has the political skill to cut deals with Democrats and actually get stuff done on immigration reform and other items. Cruz, certainly a bight person, but I just don't see him getting enough indy's and his scorched earth non compromise style still will not resonate with reasonable Republicans. Carson is done, no experience in executive management or politics. Trump is intriguing, he's a deal maker and successful Executive, but he lacks the polish to be the President IMO. The next 8 years will be important on many issue, and Trump probably lack the political skills to be able to be effective.

I still think Clinton will win. Nothing has stuck to her yet, and its appears unlikely much will. She's got experience and political savvy, and more importantly having Bill in her corner is a huge plus- he was able to hammer out compromises and deal and we were all a better country for it not too long ago. I think she's a bullshitter, but what politician isn't. Still think she appeals to more independents and other voting blocks to be edged, outside of another non fleeting political scandal.

Edited by B-Large