Trump Alone at the Top

What a load of crap. So what if he criticizes Obama? That doesn't make his statement racist. He even went out of his way to specifically address his feelings that many black Americans, like all Americans, are brilliant, and literally everyone else on this board feels the same way, both right and left. Somehow, you feel that's racist. That's because you're a complete tool.

You are doing a great job of showing everyone that you are the most ignorant person posting here. That's saying something. Gatorman has actually risen one level from the bottom of the barrel thanks to you.

Once again, bravo. You're a jerk.

Easy with your micro-aggressions, bro. The acknowledgement of reality with regards to race is the definition of racism, and is thus the epitome bigotry. Maybe you and LAKlanFan should check yall's mother!@#$in privilege.

Such a dumb and racist statement, and no, the "there are a lot of brilliant black people" qualifier doesn't shield it. Taking the fact that "first black president" was a positive to his campaign supporters and somehow extrapolating that into he won "almost exclusively" on that is a leap you can only really make with the lens of racism. White people have never won the White House with similar campaign messages except for, well, all the times they did.

Trump is almost exactly as qualified for leadership as Paris Hilton. Congrats to the GOP, looks like you'll be nominating the male Paris Hilton for president of our country.

My favorite Trump fact is that he would've actually been richer if he had simply invested his inheritance and never attempted to be a businessman: http://www.nationaljournal.com/twentysixteen/2015/09/02/1-easy-way-donald-trump-could-have-been-even-richer-doing-nothing

welcome to the board. you've engaged the usual suspects in a typical"debate". the ad hominem attacks are flowing like dandruff from trump's perfumed hair. this prominent side of ppp is a microcosm of the trump phenomenon: the more outrageous, offensive, insensitive, uncaring, selfish and machiavellian, the better. it's maddening and sometimes quite sad to behold but at the same time oddly compelling. good to have you posting here.

welcome to the board. you've engaged the usual suspects in a typical"debate". the ad hominem attacks are flowing like dandruff from trump's perfumed hair. this prominent side of ppp is a microcosm of the trump phenomenon: the more outrageous, offensive, insensitive, uncaring, selfish and machiavellian, the better. it's maddening and sometimes quite sad to behold but at the same time oddly compelling. good to have you posting here.

The internal hypocrisy of this post is priceless. It also reminds me of the comment another poster made about sarcasm in the NRA thread - I think you're intending this to come off as sarcasm, but you've really given a true account of how you feel. You go for ad hominem and hyperbolic arguments as much as anyone around here other than maybe gator.

I attribute it to cognitive dissonance. You have an emotional connection to your position, so when you can't defend it with logic and reason you trash the speaker and his motives. It's not too far removed from the hyper-judgmental neighbor who talks **** about everyone in the neighborhood because she feels like she doesn't stack up by any objective criteria.

To those that support Trump, why do you think he's qualified to be President? I mean you obviously feel like Obama was inexperienced and not qualified then how is Trump any better?

Personally I'd like to see Sanders win the election.

For me, I'm hoping that Trump is a fascist. He can't come right out and run as a fascist, of course, but I am intrigued that he's doing so much to kiss up to veterans and the military. Fingers crossed, but I think it's possible if he were elected President, he would have the military cross the Potomac, march on DC and slaughter all of Congress and the Supreme Court.

However, if I were to answer your question like a normie, I would say that most people don't really care about experience. It ranks maybe 15th on my list. Many who post on this board would surely vote for Rubio ahead of the much more experienced Sanders, of course. Also, one could argue that Trump's executive experience is better preparation for the executive position of presidency than being a senator.

With Donald Trump continuing to dominate the Republican presidential primary field, many of the GOP’s senior leaders are beginning to contemplate the down-ballot consequences of having the controversial outsider atop the ticket.

Typically, control of the Senate and House are heavily influenced by the outcome of the presidential contest, and a bruising general election contest between Trump and Democratic frontrunner Hillary Rodham Clinton almost certainly would affect the outcome of some of the congressional races.

Related: Trump Takes His Biggest Lead Yet in the Polls

House Republicans hold such a large majority, with 246 of 435 seats, that it would take a seismic political upheaval to enable Democrats to regain control. However, that’s not the case in the Senate where the Republicans hold a slender 54 to 46--seat majority, and the Democrats conceivably could forge a slender majority by winning back a small handful of seats currently held by the GOP.

“Most analysts acknowledge that Democrats have a plausible but narrow path to a minimal Senate majority, requiring a net gain of four seats if a Democratic vice president is elected, or five seats if the GOP wins the White House,” University of Virginia political analyst Larry J. Sabato and his associates wrote recently. “But this will be a heavy lift because Democrats need to capture the lion’s share of the small number of truly competitive Republican seats.”

Democrats have one built-in advantage of only having to defend 10 incumbent seats, compared with 24 for Republicans. Having a controversial figure like Trump as the party’s standard-bearer could decide who enjoys the majority in 2017.

A recently leaked National Republican Senatorial Committee staff memo showed the high-wire act party operatives have ahead of them should the billionaire become their nominee, such as not responding to every outlandish Trump claim or pronouncement while also tapping into the anti-Washington sentiment that has made him the frontrunner. While there is no way of knowing at this point the ripple effects of a Trump v. Clinton general election matchup, for now at least it looks as if Clinton would provide a longer coattail for Democrats than Trump would provide for Republicans running for Congress.

For me, I'm hoping that Trump is a fascist. He can't come right out and run as a fascist, of course, but I am intrigued that he's doing so much to kiss up to veterans and the military. Fingers crossed, but I think it's possible if he were elected President, he would have the military cross the Potomac, march on DC and slaughter all of Congress and the Supreme Court.

However, if I were to answer your question like a normie, I would say that most people don't really care about experience. It ranks maybe 15th on my list. Many who post on this board would surely vote for Rubio ahead of the much more experienced Sanders, of course. Also, one could argue that Trump's executive experience is better preparation for the executive position of presidency than being a senator.

The round up of immigrants, with little girls hiding Ann Frank style against the fascists out to get her. The bullying of the media, assassinations like in Russia, future terrorist attacks (Reichstag fires?) leading to martial law, the right wing militias out there waiting their call. What fun!

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/12/06/Five-Most-Endangered-Senate-Republicans

The round up of immigrants, with little girls hiding Ann Frank style against the fascists out to get her. The bullying of the media, assassinations like in Russia, future terrorist attacks (Reichstag fires?) leading to martial law, the right wing militias out there waiting their call. What fun!

And the best part? He'd be able to use the mechanisms created by Hussein to do it! Tho ozy was likely sarcastic, don't think it couldn't happen.

Wait...

You like Trump because you hold out hope that he's secretly an unhinged fascist who would stage a violent coup, put all political dissent to the sword, ruling by junta; inevitably plunging the country into decades of unrest, poverty, and civil war?

These are the reasons you like him?

And here I thought you were just a garden variety idiot, all the while you've actually been a dangerous lunatic.

Such a dumb and racist statement, and no, the "there are a lot of brilliant black people" qualifier doesn't shield it. Taking the fact that "first black president" was a positive to his campaign supporters and somehow extrapolating that into he won "almost exclusively" on that is a leap you can only really make with the lens of racism. White people have never won the White House with similar campaign messages except for, well, all the times they did.

Trump is almost exactly as qualified for leadership as Paris Hilton. Congrats to the GOP, looks like you'll be nominating the male Paris Hilton for president of our country.

My favorite Trump fact is that he would've actually been richer if he had simply invested his inheritance and never attempted to be a businessman: http://www.nationaljournal.com/twentysixteen/2015/09/02/1-easy-way-donald-trump-could-have-been-even-richer-doing-nothing

Joe Biden recognized Obama's qualifications through the prism of race.

Edited by keepthefaith

The internal hypocrisy of this post is priceless. It also reminds me of the comment another poster made about sarcasm in the NRA thread - I think you're intending this to come off as sarcasm, but you've really given a true account of how you feel. You go for ad hominem and hyperbolic arguments as much as anyone around here other than maybe gator.

I attribute it to cognitive dissonance. You have an emotional connection to your position, so when you can't defend it with logic and reason you trash the speaker and his motives. It's not too far removed from the hyper-judgmental neighbor who talks **** about everyone in the neighborhood because she feels like she doesn't stack up by any objective criteria.

says the 4th seat oboe whose orchestra is led by a fool that believes he has a patent on a couple of insulting words….

And why would that be a good thing?

Really, you want Trump to go all Caesar-at-the-Rubicon on DC, when the guy can't even handle total authority on The Apprentice without looking like not just a buffoon, but a caricature of a buffoon? Are you completely retarded?

What about Dirty Harry saying that he was impressed with Barry's speaking skills and his lack of "negro dialect"?

Proving that a group that calls out racists is themselves racist, is noteworthy.

Also, I tend to give anyone over 80 a bit of slack from being politically correct. Personally, I can't bring myself to say "African-American." It sounds silly. (and inaccurate)

Joe Biden recognized Obama's qualifications through the prism of race.

this only proves that the US is a very long way from burying racism. shouldn't surprise anyone. if people like biden think like this, what should one imagine trump supporters think?

let's go back to the question of academic credentials, however. Does it matter to any of you cons how trump did in school? if not, then why does it matter how Obama did?

for the record, it matters to me. I want an intellectual as prez. most of you don't. trump aint that. I believe Obama is. so why is Obama's academic record an issue to some of you?

this only proves that the US is a very long way from burying racism. shouldn't surprise anyone. if people like biden think like this, what should one imagine trump supporters think?

let's go back to the question of academic credentials, however. Does it matter to any of you cons how trump did in school? if not, then why does it matter how Obama did?

for the record, it matters to me. I want an intellectual as prez. most of you don't. trump aint that. I believe Obama is. so why is Obama's academic record an issue to some of you?

No one here aside from Ozy want Trump anywhere near the presidency so why the !@#$ do you keep asking?

Obama had no record of accomplishment while Trump has actually done some things. Biden is racist, so conservative must be more so? Conservatives aren't the ones who have decimated the black family and displayed such a high degree of disdain for the abilities of blacks. You and your progressive friends own that. All they are to the Democrat party are votes that they have bought and paid for.

No one here aside from Ozy want Trump anywhere near the presidency so why the !@#$ do you keep asking?

I keep asking because the birthers keep asking about Obama's academic credentials. so let's broaden the question: do the academic credentials of any of the repug candidates matter to you?

I keep asking because the birthers keep asking about Obama's academic credentials. so let's broaden the question: do the academic credentials of any of the repug candidates matter to you?

Me personally, no. I don't care about Obama's academic credentials as well. My mom has 3 years of elementary school education and she's smarter than most people.

Me personally, no. I don't care about Obama's academic credentials as well. My mom has 3 years of elementary school education and she's smarter than most people.

cool. so at least in your case we can stop the silliness about whether Obama was a top student or aided by affirmative action etc. it's moot. LA? what about you since you've posted several times already about it in this thread. does it matter to you what academic qualifications the conservative candidates have? or is all this Obama transcript stuff just a ruse?

Obama had no record of accomplishment while Trump has actually done some things. Biden is racist, so conservative must be more so? Conservatives aren't the ones who have decimated the black family and displayed such a high degree of disdain for the abilities of blacks. You and your progressive friends own that. All they are to the Democrat party are votes that they have bought and paid for.

what has trump accomplished? grant posted a link that showed he'd have done better financially by investing his inheritance in a spyder than all his wheeling and dealing. outside of underperforming the s and p what else has he accomplished?

Edited by birdog1960

cool. so at least in your case we can stop the silliness about whether Obama was a top student or aided by affirmative action etc. it's moot. LA? what about you since you've posted several times already about it in this thread. does it matter to you what academic qualifications the conservative candidates have? or is all this Obama transcript stuff just a ruse?

The academic credentials was in response to the tax returns.

Not for me, no. A person's experience is far more valuable than education so as time and experience build, education becomes of much less importance. I also put much greater value on private sector experience over political experience,

So then you want Carson. He's (full) black, speaks articulately, is brilliant (blows Barry away), and a doctor to boot.

And as for Barry's academic credentials, it's only germane to the "he's the smartest guy in the room" crock people like to toss around. And for the fact that he likely claimed he was born in Kenya to help gain admittance into colleges.

what has trump accomplished? grant posted a link that showed he'd have done better financially by investing his inheritance in a spyder than all his wheeling and dealing. outside of underperforming the s and p what else has he accomplished?

Trump reports his net worth well above $4 billion. Now if Trump were a liberal, he'd be lauded as a person who created more jobs, tax revenue and economic impact than your typical billionaire investor.

But how many classics has she read?

And how many celebrated intellectuals/famous people attended that same elementary school?

What do you think is worse for the black community, overt racism or the hidden racism by the people who claim to help them?

What do you think is worse for the black community, overt racism or the hidden racism by the people who claim to help them?

(I know it's not directed at me but...)

Hidden is always worse, because it rears its head in the most unexpected (and usually most hurtful) of ways. When its overt racism, it's easy to identify and dismiss/overcome.

(I know it's not directed at me but...)

Hidden is always worse, because it rears its head in the most unexpected (and usually most hurtful) of ways. When its overt racism, it's easy to identify and dismiss/overcome.

Depends. Watch a European soccer game in Italy or Holland and you'll see that even if it is blatant, it is still dismissed.

i'd say it's better to have joe biden say something like that than to have people that support jim crow laws, wear white robes with hoods, burn crosses and storm black churches with semi automatic guns, all of which still happen except the first that was fought against tooth and nail in the south. so mark me down as believing overt is worse.

So then you want Carson. He's (full) black, speaks articulately, is brilliant (blows Barry away), and a doctor to boot.

And as for Barry's academic credentials, it's only germane to the "he's the smartest guy in the room" crock people like to toss around. And for the fact that he likely claimed he was born in Kenya to help gain admittance into colleges.

bs argument through and through. carson is a moron that believes the world is 6000 years old. that alone disqualifies him for me.

no one mentioned Obama being the smartest guy in the room yet the question of his academic credentials came up here. but lets resolve that they are not an issue. they don't matter to you all on the right. correct? if so, we liberals can worry about his academic credentials (here's a hint: were not worried.)

Edited by birdog1960

i'd say it's better to have joe biden say something like that than to have people that support jim crow laws, wear white robes with hoods, burn crosses and storm black churches with semi automatic guns, all of which still happen except the first that was fought against tooth and nail in the south. so mark me down as believing overt is worse.

And this is why you are treated as one of the resident idiots.

Overt racism by its nature is very easy to defend against. Once the morons are out in the open, it doesn't take a long time to discredit their views and they quickly get marginalized into the fringes of society with very little influence on anyone else other than their tiny band of cohorts.

Now compare that to the soft racism that Biden practices, making important policy decisions and crafting legislation, and then going home thinking how much he's helped the Negro's cause as they're cleaning his house.

Overt racism by its nature is very easy to defend against. Once the morons are out in the open, it doesn't take a long time to discredit their views and they quickly get marginalized into the fringes of society with very little influence on anyone else other than their tiny band of cohorts.

Now compare that to the soft racism that Biden practices, making important policy decisions and crafting legislation, and then going home thinking how much he's helped the Negro's cause as they're cleaning his house.

really? perhaps living in white bread, stepford wives northeastern suburbs didn't afford you the chance to see such "campaign" pieces in 2012 but I saw them....all too frequently http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0320/Anti-Obama-slogans-with-racist-slants-on-the-rise-in-Election-2012. I don't see much defense against the confederate flags flying from rooftops and pickup trucks all over the south in the wake of the church shooting in Charleston. those folks aren't marginalized in many parts of the country. those opposing them are the ones marginalized. I've not witnessed a large defense movement aimed at eliminating this sort of intimidation.

The racism of the past that so crushed black people in slavery and oppression that they are still saddled by its negative consequences today. Think of how much wealth they failed accumulate as families. Didn't Mitt Romney's family become rich in the antebellum era?

Oh how brilliant. Dems bad

The racism of the past that so crushed black people in slavery and oppression that they are still saddled by its negative consequences today. Think of how much wealth they failed accumulate as families. Didn't Mitt Romney's family become rich in the antebellum era?

How much wealth did Irish, Jewish, Italian, German, Portuguese, etc. immigrant families accumulate during the antebellum period?

Do you believe that free black slave owners did not accumulate wealth for their families?