Trump Alone at the Top

The more I thought about it, I think I understand trump better and how messed up our political system really is.

I think trumps views would really lineup as a traditional blue collar democrat or at least 20 years ago would have been a democrat. But the democrat party has been so hijacked and pulled to the extreme left by the regressives there isnt even a resembelence to the traditional democrat party.

I think Trump more or less has blue collar democrat policies with a strong sense of nationalism and pride. He appeals to a lot of people who would otherwise identify as being a part of other groups.

I think conservatives are pulling for cruz, big government traditional and younger republicans for rubio, commies and hippies are in the bag for sanders, criminals are pulling for Hillary and trump is cleaning up with the rest.

Ive had a few scotchs cut me some slack

The more I thought about it, I think I understand trump better and how messed up our political system really is.I think trumps views would really lineup as a traditional blue collar democrat or at least 20 years ago would have been a democrat. But the democrat party has been so hijacked and pulled to the extreme left by the regressives there isnt even a resembelence to the traditional democrat party. I think Trump more or less has blue collar democrat policies with a strong sense of nationalism and pride. He appeals to a lot of people who would otherwise identify as being a part of other groups. I think conservatives are pulling for cruz, big government traditional and younger republicans for rubio, commies and hippies are in the bag for sanders, criminals are pulling for Hillary and trump is cleaning up with the rest.Ive had a few scotchs cut me some slack

No don't apologize...this might be the best analysis of what's happening that I've read anywhere.

Edited by Big Blitz

Trump loses in a 2 man race but getting down to 2 before Super Tuesday ain't gonna happen. There will be 3 hopeful and stubborn campaigns for a while.

exactly.

Let’s not kid ourselves. If the race continues with Rubio and Cruz tearing each other apart — and with Kasich and Carson loving their way to ten percent — Trump’s solid base will be more than enough to win the vast majority of the states between now and March 15.

The only real question will be whether Rubio or Cruz starts to achieve some degree of separation, but so far the margin between the two candidates has been 4.5 percent (Iowa), 1.1 percent (New Hampshire), and a razor-thin 0.2 percent (South Carolina). In Nevada, the RealClearPolitics average puts them — you guessed it — exactly one point apart.

Not only does the conservative fratricide limit either candidate’s ability to break out, it’s allowing Trump to sail forward in the face of remarkably light headwinds. The decision of the Republican candidates to spend far more money attacking Rubio than Trump stands out as one of the most short-sighted (and possibly cowardly) collective decisions in modern politics.

The more I thought about it, I think I understand trump better and how messed up our political system really is.

I think trumps views would really lineup as a traditional blue collar democrat or at least 20 years ago would have been a democrat. But the democrat party has been so hijacked and pulled to the extreme left by the regressives there isnt even a resembelence to the traditional democrat party.

I think Trump more or less has blue collar democrat policies with a strong sense of nationalism and pride. He appeals to a lot of people who would otherwise identify as being a part of other groups.

I think conservatives are pulling for cruz, big government traditional and younger republicans for rubio, commies and hippies are in the bag for sanders, criminals are pulling for Hillary and trump is cleaning up with the rest.

Ive had a few scotchs cut me some slack

20 years ago? Clinton Democrats? Sorry, don't remember Clinton wanting to build a wall or to propose a mass deportation...

Might be a dumb question, but If Trump is getting most of the delegates, shouldn't he get the nomination by default?

(Forgive me, not totally up to speed with how nominations work)

Need 50% +1 to secure the nomination. Rubio, Cruz, and kasich may siphon enough delegates to prevent The Donald from a majority