Trump Alone at the Top

It's becoming increasingly obvious to me that one of the main reasons I don't want Trump as president is because I am in no mood to listen to four more years of Obama.

Listen closely. They're not too far from each other on the rhetoric scale.

Not like Hillary and Bernie are going to be much better, though.

This is a truly nauseating race. It's going to be a horrific end to the decade.

I heard a funny familiar thing from a Trump supporter recently. It's not a big deal that Trump doesn't know the nitty gritty of governing, or anything else for that matter. All he has to do is surround himself with smart people who do know the stuff, and everything will be fine.

Because that's worked so well for the current narcissist in chief.

Four more years. Four more years.

Are you saying that Obama surrounded himself with smart people who do know the stuff? I am not a Trump supporter but will be if he wins the nomination. He's got to be better than Hillary or Bernie.

Are you saying that Obama surrounded himself with smart people who do know the stuff? I am not a Trump supporter but will be if he wins the nomination. He's got to be better than Hillary or Bernie.

Bush did. That was a big part of his problem - people like Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, etc. were smart and effective managers, but Bush couldn't exercise control or direction over them.

Obama thought he did, But since he never managed anything in his life, he had no idea what skill sets he needed. So his only context for "smart" was "philosophically in agreement." He had, and still has, no clue what effective management requires.

Bush did. That was a big part of his problem - people like Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, etc. were smart and effective managers, but Bush couldn't exercise control or direction over them.

Obama thought he did, But since he never managed anything in his life, he had no idea what skill sets he needed. So his only context for "smart" was "philosophically in agreement." He had, and still has, no clue what effective management requires.

I agree with you but am under the impression that Bush eventually got around to exercising control.

That's not, in any way, a positive thing to say about a President.

Poorly worded by me. Bush initially delegated to smart experienced people to run their respective departments. The impression that I had is that at some point in time Bush reigned in his subordinates and made sure they were not as autonomous as they wanted to be. With that said I don't think Bush was a bad president. I'd have gladly taken him for the following 8 years instead of Obama.

Poorly worded by me. Bush initially delegated to smart experienced people to run their respective departments. The impression that I had is that at some point in time Bush reigned in his subordinates and made sure they were not as autonomous as they wanted to be. With that said I don't think Bush was a bad president. I'd have gladly taken him for the following 8 years instead of Obama.

OK... I'm willing to listen.

"Bush wasn't a bad President" (fair concession, you "think"... Not absolutes)

With that qualifier that he was (paraphrased) "better than President Obama".

Do you find President Obama to be a strong qualifying baseline? If so, why?

If not, why use him as a baseline?

Anyone following twitter tonight regarding the Nevada caucus has to be puking.

Trumpsters have gone full Harry Reid. Lots of reporting of double ballots, wearing candidate attire while working the stations, getting rid of ballots that weren't for Trump.

What a mess.

That conversation back in the day usually involved having smart people in defense and security positions, and that's where Obama deferred to the Pentagon & other experienced chiefs on paper. Until they realized that he wasn't going to listen to them.

That conversation back in the day usually involved having smart people in defense and security positions, and that's where Obama deferred to the Pentagon & other experienced chiefs on paper. Until they realized that he wasn't going to listen to them.

What's your point?

What's your point?

The point is that you're seeing more and more talking heads rationalizing a Trump presidency that he doesn't need to know everything about governing. All he needs to do is hire the right people for the jobs and everything will be fine. Well, we've lived through seven years of that pipe dream, and better get ready for another four.

In another comparison of Trump to Obama, the people who are most enthusiastic about their candidacies are the ones who fare the worst in their Presidency.

I heard a funny familiar thing from a Trump supporter recently. It's not a big deal that Trump doesn't know the nitty gritty of governing, or anything else for that matter. All he has to do is surround himself with smart people who do know the stuff, and everything will be fine.

Because that's worked so well for the current narcissist in chief.

Four more years. Four more years.

I said this in another thread. To me, Trump sounds just like Mike Francesa. He repeats himself multiple times within a few short sentences, with nuggets of talking points like a St. Bernard fixated on chewing a beef bone.

So instead of a leftist/progressive jug-eared stuttering buffoon running the country, we're going to suffer through a "Repbulican"/progressive ruling by dictate all the while sounding like we're tuned in to WFAN in New York. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: