Trump Alone at the Top

Defense is good business and war is better business. War is better because it keeps the population in check and that, in my mind, is our biggest issue. We need a damn good war to wipe out a few million mouth breathing millennials. :devil:

More than a few boomers could be shown the door as well.

More than a few boomers could be shown the door as well.

Hmmmmm. That's only fair. Being a boomer however what would be the determining factor that would result in their extermination? I don't think having them part of the military is wise. They'd just slow things down. Should we start a new thread to get ideas on this? :D

Here's the chain:

There's more money in war than there is in peace.

Your point is silly and irrelevant to the discussion that was ongoing. The point isn't that companies outside of the MiC don't make money, it's that the money behind the defense industry has bought and paid for our government in order to promote instability and conflict which bolsters their bottom lines.

Comparing them to Apple as some sort of trump card doesn't prove any point.

You posted the bolded. If that were true, a company whose business is war & defense would be far more profitable than whose business is to sell lifestyle gadgets.

Do your own homework and answer the question whether war times have truly brought economic expansions.

DoD is at a trough of spending relative to GDP

You posted the bolded. If that were true, a company whose business is war & defense would be far more profitable than whose business is to sell lifestyle gadgets.

Do your own homework and answer the question whether war times have truly brought economic expansions.

DoD is at a trough of spending relative to GDP

Put the bolded into context, don't invent your own.

"There's more money in war than peace." ... For those who bought and paid for our elected officials. Those interested in perma war, a state we've been in for longer than any other stretch in our nation's history.

The argument isn't that war is good for all, but for a few who profit from death and destruction. If it were good for all I wouldn't be arguing. It's not. It's good for a select few. The same select few who buy more government influence than any other group.

Put the bolded into context, don't invent your own.

"There's more money in war than peace." ... For those who bought and paid for our elected officials. Those interested in perma war, a state we've been in for longer than any other stretch in our nation's history.

The argument isn't that war is good for all, but for a few who profit from death and destruction. If it were good for all I wouldn't be arguing. It's not. It's good for a select few. The same select few who buy more government influence than any other group.

If your argument is that DoD contractors argue for a wartime state to inflate their earnings, you're a fool. They do just fine with regular defense appropriations.

And you can say the same thing about all government contractors. Pull Dexter aside and ask him about the Nth time they had to redesign a basic database that has nothing to do with the military or defense. DoD gets most of the attention because it's the biggest line item. But that crap happens at every single agency

Don't look at the symptom. Look at the cause.

If your argument is that DoD contractors argue for a wartime state to inflate their earnings, you're a fool. They do just fine with regular defense appropriations.

And you can say the same thing about all government contractors. Pull Dexter aside and ask him about the Nth time they had to redesign a basic database that has nothing to do with the military or defense. DoD gets most of the attention because it's the biggest line item. But that crap happens at every single agency

Don't look at the symptom. Look at the cause.

It's not just defense contractors who profit from war.

It's not just defense contractors who profit from war.

The only thing that wars do is create artificial demand from the mobilization and maybe a lift from rebuilding stuff we blew up. You're getting caught up in the trope that the economy boomed during WWII, ergo all wars are great for the economy, which is certainly not the case.

The only thing that wars do is create artificial demand from the mobilization and maybe a lift from rebuilding stuff we blew up. You're getting caught up in the trope that the economy boomed during WWII, ergo all wars are great for the economy, which is certainly not the case.

There's the broken window fallacy emerging again.

If war was truly good for an economy, the wisest and most sound national economic strategy would be for the United States and England to build enormous Navies, move them out into the middle of the Atlantic, and sink them.

If war was truly good for an economy, the wisest and most sound national economic strategy would be for the United States and England to build enormous Navies, move them out into the middle of the Atlantic, and sink them.

If I get gatorman's logic I think he'd agree with that.

1. Hire thousands

2. Build ships

3. Sink ships

4. Wash, rinse, repeat.

THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM: “Trump is way ahead — for many reasons, but the most important is obvious and virtually ignored,”

Political correctness................................ Trump hasn’t made it a campaign theme exactly, but he mentions it often with angry disgust.

Reporters, pundits, and the other candidates treat it as a sideshow, a handy way for Trump (King Kong Jr.) to smack down the pitiful airplanes that attack him as he bestrides his mighty tower, roaring. But the analysts have it exactly backward. Political correctness is the biggest issue facing America today.”

Trump: ‘I would be so angry’ at Obama if I were black

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-%e2%80%98i-would-be-so-angry%e2%80%99-at-obama-if-i-were-black/ar-BBpI107?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

Trump: Pope Francis 'a terrific person'

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/270040-trump-pope-francis-a-terrific-person

Trump said he was "very honored" after a Vatican official clarified the pontiff's remarks.

Edited by B-Man

I'm really not getting caught up in that.

The American voter doesn't get to decide when we go to war, our elected officials do. Yet, since LBJ, this autonomy has been stripped away from our elected officials. The powers that be decide when we go to war now. And it's all about the money.

No, it pretty much is. Wars usually require price- and wage-fixing.

Central banks would beg to differ.

That would not stimulate the sale of alcohol the way bombing North Korea or Iran would so I have to disagree.