NJ.com: Chip Kelly has lost team, might not be back

YoloinOhio

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Chip is a college coach. I don't think his system works in the NFL. I remember his first season with the Eagles, guys holding up pictures of Rocky or the Liberty Bell, just ridiculous.

New England takes a lot of what he did at Oregon actually. Having a HOFer at QB helps a lot with playcalling though. They also rotate their OLine like no one else ever has before.

The biggest key that they do is teach every guy how to play multiple spots on offense, so they never have to sub anyone and can hurry up whenever they want to.

LSU will give him a blank check. I think Les Miles will go to Miami or try a Texas rebuild.

What sucks for Philadelphia is Lurie pushed all of his chips into the middle of the table for Chip Kelly and that's a bet with years of consequences.

I remember when we were soooo excited he was interviewing for the Bills gig back in the winter of 2013.....ahhhh, the good old days.

I didn't remember he actually interviewed.

I do remember a lot of fans wanted him to be the next Bills coach. But thought the organization was too cheap to present him with a serious offer.

For a while, people wondered who would be the better HC - Kelly or the guy we landed instead, Doug Marrone? Seems funny in retrospect.

This just could not happen to a "nicer" guy, and a more appropriate fan base. The Schadenfreude is delicious this time of year near Philly.

Tell me about it. I make sure to thank them for shady almost daily.

Not that I should really be talking smack about football with how ridiculously and consistently mediocre we've been but whatever. It's all I've got.

Not surprising. Guys like him are always leveraging for their next gig. He'll be in Miami next year (college or pro), or possibly with the Redskins - wouldn't that be something.

With his maniacal desire to control the roster, he wouldn't last two weeks working for Snyder. That would be friggin' hilarious.