One question about the final drive...

Rubes

Sorry if this was asked elsewhere and I missed it...

When the Bills took over for the final drive, there was the pass to Woods which came close to a first down. It was called a first down on the field. I was livid because the Bills seemed like they were milling around rather than getting ready to snap the ball quickly, but after more than 10-12 seconds ran off the clock, there was a stoppage so the refs could review the play to see if he really got the first down, and it was reversed. However, we didn't get any of that time back. Why is that?

It seems like if the refs want to review a play, they should decide right away, or if they don't, at least put the time back on the clock to the end of the previous play. Were we penalized because the refs took that long to decide that they wanted to review the spot/first down call?

When the Bills took over for the final drive, there was the pass to Woods which came close to a first down. It was called a first down on the field. I was livid because the Bills seemed like they were milling around rather than getting ready to snap the ball quickly, but after more than 10-12 seconds ran off the clock, there was a stoppage so the refs could review the play to see if he really got the first down, and it was reversed. However, we didn't get any of that time back. Why is that?

It seems like if the refs want to review a play, they should decide right away, or if they don't, at least put the time back on the clock to the end of the previous play. Were we penalized because the refs took that long to decide that they wanted to review the spot/first down call?

I THINK, It is because they were at the line to snap the ball so stopping the clock would not help them or hurt them. (I believe.) Game was called very weirdly.

What was ridiculous about that was the fact that Tyrod didn't have 2 or 3 plays already called in the huddle for the 2-minute drill. Watching him say "I can't hear you mang" as his headset went out had me fuming. This is why we can't beat the Cheats. We can't even do basic shyte that every NFL team does. That ball should have been snapped and gone long before the review.

What was ridiculous about that was the fact that Tyrod didn't have 2 or 3 plays already called in the huddle for the 2-minute drill. Watching him say "I can't hear you mang" as his headset went out had me fuming. This is why we can't beat the Cheats. We can't even do basic shyte that every NFL team does. That ball should have been snapped and gone long before the review.

The Pats would have snapped the ball for sure

I think, and I sure could be wrong but it's the same situation as if it's the opposing coach throwing a challenge flag. If the refs didn't get buzzed to review it for 10-12 seconds, then it's on the Bills to snap the ball before it can be reviewed. It would seem thats the same way it's treated if the coach challenges. beat the flag or beat the buzzer. If anyone knows the rules better feel free to correct me.

Did everyone else also notice how after Tyrod was sacked, setting up the last play of the game, we had to wait forever for the Umpire to place the ball at the snap?

He was walking, not running, to place the ball at the line of scrimmage.

That took an extra 8-10 seconds off the clock.

Edited by Mark Vader

Officiating was bad, and as always so many plays went against the Bills, but officiating didn't lose that game, a poor offensive showing lost that game. I like TT and believe he needs time, but can improve steadily with more games. Even though he sat behind Flacco, it is as if he is a rookie as it was only his 8th start in the NFL during the regular season.

The defense played well enough to win the game, and McCoy is worth his contract if he remains healthy. Our passing game has to improve. If TT is out against the Chiefs for whatever happened to his shoulder, we're done for the year. EJ couldn't hit water from a boat. At this point, I'd start Josh Johnson Sunday if TT can't play. That's not saying much.

...and when they finally lined up for that play (it was 3rd down), they start blowing the fog horn thing over the stadium sound system as Taylor is trying to yell out the snap count... is that allowed?

I noticed that too ... by the way, is there anything in football more annoying than the damn 3rd down foghorn that every team seems to do now?

I could be mistaken, but I thought they did that because the bills were out of timeouts and to go to a review before the bills were set would stop the clock and give them some free time for the offense to get ready. Sucks for us, but if it was the other way around, we'd see the logic behind it.