Requisite smug article out of Boston about MNF

YoloinOhio

Just an objective observation:

My students here in Boston have been giving me crap all week about the game. I am keeping my mouth shut this time -- but I occasionally challenge the more obnoxious ones with the following query: Can you name the Patriot's starting offensive line? Most of them just start stammering, to which I calmly point out that the average grandmother in WNY can not only name the Bills' offensive line, but the newest guy signed to Bills' practice squad.

Perhaps that's cold comfort, sour grapes, etc. given the usual annual 2-game beat-down. But I am sure about one thing: when we beat those SOBs, it will be SO much sweeter!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

it's ironic because for years Boston sports sucked and they were the underdogs and they hated the NY teams because they were always better. they hated how smug teams like the Yankees were and they called them the evil empire. my my how the tables have turned. they have some success and Boston quickly became like the fans they hated for nearly 100 years. talk about being two faced. i'd be ashamed if i was a Boston anything fan the way these guys are acting. it won't be long before they are the bottom feeders again. have some class and dignity Boston fans

There's another article in which the guy breaks down the match ups. He's lazy. He says about Karlos Williams, "He possesses the power to finish his runs but his effort is sometimes lacking." Gotta be kidding. Williams' effort lacking?

And when he discusses our secondary he says "There are playmakers all over the Buffalo secondary, including sticky cover guys Corey Graham, Stephon Gilmore, Leodis McKelvin, and Bacarri Rambo." No mention of our best player out there, Ron Darby.

Looking past us.

I hate to say it, but he is right, to some degree, when he says this:

"Has the Patriots conference competition ever been more pathetic, more injured, more hopeless?"

In years past, they had to battle Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Denver and Indy for superiority in the AFC. This year, most of the conference is mediocre at best. Cincy is up there, but they will choke in the playoffs like always. There really doesn't appear to be anybody to seriously challenge the *Pats this year.

This.

I literally hate everything about these guys.

If anyone DESERVES a decade or 2 of QB purgatory hell after Brady's HGH wears off, it's the entire city of Boston.

If only they had said Go Bills at the end but the creators are from Colorado so guess they are homegrown fans and nothing wrong with that.

The Patriots fans here in Vermont that I have talked to are legitimately worried about this game.

It has the makings of a trap game for them after the close call in their last game, the Bills being perceived by many as a weak team, and BellyCheat owning Rex historically.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It has the makings of a trap game for them after the close call in their last game, the Bills being perceived by many as a weak team, and BellyCheat owning Rex historically.

My boss is a HUGE Pats* fan. Completely obnoxious about it. I went to him last Friday and jokingly said "hey, my Bills are going to beat up on your Patsies on Monday." Surprisingly, his response was "It looks that way. The Pats are held together by duct tape right now, and the Bills are playing really tough football." I was speechless.

There's another article in which the guy breaks down the match ups. He's lazy. He says about Karlos Williams, "He possesses the power to finish his runs but his effort is sometimes lacking." Gotta be kidding. Williams' effort lacking?

And when he discusses our secondary he says "There are playmakers all over the Buffalo secondary, including sticky cover guys Corey Graham, Stephon Gilmore, Leodis McKelvin, and Bacarri Rambo." No mention of our best player out there, Ron Darby.

Looking past us.

He's not looking past us. He merely doesn't know what he's talking about. A little information doesn't make you a genius or a seer.

My boss is a HUGE Pats* fan. Completely obnoxious about it. I went to him last Friday and jokingly said "hey, my Bills are going to beat up on your Patsies on Monday." Surprisingly, his response was "It looks that way. The Pats are held together by duct tape right now, and the Bills are playing really tough football." I was speechless.

Wow..

Are you sure he is a REAL Pats* fan?

CBF