NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me break down my view

Both top athletes in their sport. Both top half at position. Full of natural talent.

Both have their face all over and make millions.

Both highly polarizing. Both considered over celebrated and not over rated or thought of as walk on water types.

Both cry foul and act like children when displeased. Both show their bravado when they win.

Both had trouble with the law and kicked off of teams for violating policy. Both had family take advantage of their celebrity likely impacting their career.

Yeah. They're nothing alike.

Inb4 you say all athletes are like this. I doubt you know what a pain in the ass James was to OHSAA. I doubt you realize how disgusting his mom was at school games.

let me break down my view

Both top athletes in their sport. Both top half at position. Full of natural talent.

Both have their face all over and make millions.

Both highly polarizing. Both considered over celebrated and not over rated or thought of as walk on water types.

Both cry foul and act like children when displeased. Both show their bravado when they win.

Both had trouble with the law and kicked off of teams for violating policy. Both had family take advantage of their celebrity likely impacting their career.

Yeah. They're nothing alike.

Inb4 you say all athletes are like this. I doubt you know what a pain in the ass James was to OHSAA. I doubt you realize how disgusting his mom was at school games.

You know I love you boyst...but this one of the worst posts ever...I an sorry that you (and others here) are so consumed by hatred for some players, that you can't appreciate how great they are, until it is over....I know you hate Cam, you pretty much always have...but to compare James to him is ludicrous, at this point. If any other player, in any sport, had made it to 7 championships in a row, win or lose, nobody would question their greatness. James is the best player the NBA has seen since Jordan, or arguably Kobe. Cam is just beginning to reach his potential...why not let it play out, before making ridiculous comparisons. To me, if I had to compare James to anyone in the NFL, it would be Payton.

I can't remember feeling better about a championship, when I had no real horse in the race (I am a Celtics fan), than this Cavs championship. Nicely done....

Edited by Buftex

All the Lebron haters: suck it!
You know I love you boyst...but this one of the worst posts ever...I an sorry that you (and others here) are so consumed by hatred for some players, that you can't appreciate how great they are, until it is over....I know you hate Cam, you pretty much always have...but to com sobecause i James to him is ludicrous, at this point. If any other player, in any sport, had made it to 7 championships in a row, win or lose, nobody would question their greatness. James is the best player the NBA has seen since Jordan, or arguably Kobe. Cam is just beginning to reach his potential...why not let it play out, before making ridiculous comparisons. To me, if I had to compare James to anyone in the NFL, it would be Payton.

I can't remember feeling better about a championship, when I because I think no real horse in the race (I am a Celtics fan), than this Cavs championship. Nicely done....[/quotbe]because I think James Nd newton are pre madonnas, show boaters and glory whores I am wrong? My argument was not denying talent. It was calling them weak in character for their crap behavior in the last nd of recent with the way they behave when winning. Curry folded like a deck chair. That helped. Irving learned to play basketball. They did well

Welp here we go lol

@bycasagrande

Sounds like Cleveland fans stole a fire truck, according to the scanner.

can the mistake by the lake be made any worse? Let's hope so. Cleveland is a gross city.

Damn!

@espnstatsinfo

LeBron James: led all players on both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks in series

He is the first player in NBA history to lead all players in all five categories for an entire playoff series

Wow. Rare air indeed. Nice to see him silence some folks. Safe to say Ohio has finally, truly forgiven him for "taking his talents to Miami?" I hope so.

You know I love you boyst...but this one of the worst posts ever...I an sorry that you (and others here) are so consumed by hatred for some players, that you can't appreciate how great they are, until it is over....I know you hate Cam, you pretty much always have...but to com sobecause i James to him is ludicrous, at this point. If any other player, in any sport, had made it to 7 championships in a row, win or lose, nobody would question their greatness. James is the best player the NBA has seen since Jordan, or arguably Kobe. Cam is just beginning to reach his potential...why not let it play out, before making ridiculous comparisons. To me, if I had to compare James to anyone in the NFL, it would be Payton.

I can't remember feeling better about a championship, when I because I think no real horse in the race (I am a Celtics fan), than this Cavs championship. Nicely done....[/quotbe]because I think James Nd newton are pre madonnas, show boaters and glory whores I am wrong? My argument was not denying talent. It was calling them weak in character for their crap behavior in the last nd of recent with the way they behave when winning. Curry folded like a deck chair. That helped. Irving learned to play basketball. They did well

can the mistake by the lake be made any worse? Let's hope so. Cleveland is a gross city.

Sorry boyst, but i guess the only similarities of James and Newton (btw- when was in trouble with the law?) only left off that they are both black. All of the things you seem to hate these two guys for are subjective, and pretty much all common of modern athletes...not unique to the two of them...

Edited by Buftex

Sorry boyst, but i guess the only similarities of James and Newton (btw- when was in trouble with the law?) only left off that they are both black. All of the things you seem to hate these two guys for are subjective, and pretty much all common of modern athletes...not unique to the two of them...

you don't know newtons trouble with the law? Thrown out of Florida for theft of a laptop was huge. He stole a laptop. Painted over the guys case with cam newton on it. There were other brief run ins.

James had some minor scuttlebutts in high school dealing with petty theft, bribes, etc. Nothing was done about it but it was commonly known in Ohio basketball.

Lebron came up big over the whole series, but in stretches of game 7 he really seemed hesitant for some reason. Aside from the obvious 3 at the end, Irving won that game for them with his play esp in the 3rd quarter IMO - he was unbelievable.

Damn!

@espnstatsinfo

LeBron James: led all players on both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks in series

He is the first player in NBA history to lead all players in all five categories for an entire playoff series

Holy crap! That's unreal.