NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised how far Johnson fell.

Complete joke. Brice Johnson is going to be s really good NBA player.

I don't get how NBA teams pick on potential over k own talent every year, get burned doing it every year, and then do it again.

I bet if Draymond Green re-entered the draft today (with complete knowledge of how he has performed), a bunch of teams would still pass on him.

Complete joke. Brice Johnson is going to be s really good NBA player.

I don't get how NBA teams pick on potential over k own talent every year, get burned doing it every year, and then do it again.

I bet if Draymond Green re-entered the draft today (with complete knowledge of how he has performed), a bunch of teams would still pass on him.

Teams have recognized that really good pros don't cut it. You need a top 5 player in the league to win a championship. A 50 win team with a bunch of good players will never cut it.

Teams have recognized that really good pros don't cut it. You need a top 5 player in the league to win a championship. A 50 win team with a bunch of good players will never cut it.

2nd rounders like Draymond and Jimmy Butler are cash money. NBA gm's are mostly fools.

2nd rounders like Draymond and Jimmy Butler are cash money. NBA gm's are mostly fools.

Butler was a first and the Bulls missed the postseason in the EAST. He's a good player, but cmon.

Draymond is good too, but when Curry stopped playing well, the Cavs won the Finals.

NBA GM's are playing for the next Lebron/Durant/Melo/Wade/Westbrook/Curry. If they miss out on the Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green, Eric Bledsoe tier players to do so, so be it. None of those guys will do anything unless they pair up with a superstar.

Edited by FireChan

Draymond is only reason W's were in that game.

Agree to disagree. I'd love to have Draymond on my team.

Butler is a beast as well. Not his fault mirotic, Gasol, rose etc all sucked.

You're right about the gm's though swinging for the fences . Philly tried to get the stud over and over and it hasn't worked out at all. A few Draymond's and Butler types would have them in it though.

Giannis Antenokoupo is another up and coming gem. Wish the Mavs didn't pass on him.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

You're misunderstanding me Ryan. I like Butler and Draymond. They are for sure good players. Good players are good to have. But they can't be your #1's. Because they're not good enough to win as #1's. We both know we'd rather have Durant or Westbrook than both. And if you had Butler and Draymond and tried to trade them for Durant, you'd get laughed at.

It is what it is. You gamble on potential because squeaking into a 5-6 seed and getting bounced second round for 9 years in a row is not success.

You're right about the gm's though swinging for the fences . Philly tried to get the stud over and over and it hasn't worked out at all. A few Draymond's and Butler types would have them in it though.

Giannis Antenokoupo is another up and coming gem. Wish the Mavs didn't pass on him.

Philly was doing things the right way, IMO. They got forced by the league to fire Hinkie.

The Greek Freak was a pure potential pick.

It's the Greek freaks league soon. What an animal.

Nerlens Noel and "what's defense" Okafor and fat, experimental medicine Embiid ain't doing much.

They didn't get the #1 pick for 3 years. Not really their fault. They would've ideally had Wiggins, Simmons and KAT. Sprinkle in some other lottery picks and they would've been money in 2 years.

I was pretty happy with my lakers draft even though we just had the 2 picks

I had to lol a lot at all the media trying to talk up a Deangelo Russell trade......yes we are gonna trade a 2nd over all from some pick in the top 10.

Love our core

DRuss had a rocky start in LA but he's a good kid at heart who just needs to grow up. I think he's going to be really good. I think the coaching change will help too.

I adopted the Magic last year but know nothing about the NBA.

Give it to me straight. How bad has the past few days been?

Biyombo to pair w Vucevic is strong.

I think they are idiots for trading Oladipo though, can't see them being anything more than mediocre.

Biyombo to pair w Vucevic is strong.

I think they are idiots for trading Oladipo though, can't see them being anything more than mediocre.

Yeah, I liked Oladipo. I saw that trade and figured that I probably wasn't getting any success from them any time soon.

Twitter rumours suggesting that Vucevic is on his way out. This roster turnover stuff is hard for a casual.

Edited by Blokestradamus

NBA free agency is a joke. These huge contracts for these no-namers is pretty comical.

Bradley Beal and Chandler Parsons who can't even play full seasons making 27 mil plus a year. Wow.

Yeah, I liked Oladipo. I saw that trade and figured that I probably wasn't getting any success fom them any time soon.

Twitter rumours suggesting that Vucevic is on his way out. This roster turnover stuff is hard for a casual.

Lot of basketball "experts" think Ibaka is worth it. Guess we will see.

Brady helping recruit Durant, as much as I hate that ass clown I have to give him props. Spending time recruiting on a holiday weekend for one of the wealthiest men walking the planet. Can you cheat at recruiting? If so Tom is all over it.

During the entire process I have never actually considered KD coming to Boston. After the OKC run in the playoffs I was sure that the concept was just a dream. Here I sit...waiting....for the decision. Maybe it's the beers but I feel like something is brewing.