NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez-- really weak by KD.

How is this a more challenging place for him to grow, as he says? He's joining a team loaded with stars, with 1 (nearly 2) titles, and a NBA record for wins.

The challenge will be for Kerr, because there's only 1 ball and now the warriors have 3 pure scorers.

KD should be in a place where he is the primary scorer, not the third option.

This is weaker than Lebron going to Miami.

Totally agree.

Geez-- really weak by KD.

How is this a more challenging place for him to grow, as he says? He's joining a team loaded with stars, with 1 (nearly 2) titles, and a NBA record for wins.

The challenge will be for Kerr, because there's only 1 ball and now the warriors have 3 pure scorers.

KD should be in a place where he is the primary scorer, not the third option.

This is weaker than Lebron going to Miami.

He will be the #1 option he's 6'11 and cash from everywhere. Klay and Draymond will be wide open and shoot 80% geez

And this is why the NBA sucks. Nothing to protect franchises from player disloyalty.

The NBA is amazing, it's blowing up. Great players can do whatever they want

The queen James did this 2x and the big 3 Celtics started this trend.

One other thing-- I bet GS loses a lot of its casual

Fans. Everyone loves seeing curry and klay light it up. Now, I think folks will root for that team to lose in the same way people hated the Lebron Heat team.

I know I will be pulling for every other team in the west over GS now. I don't want to see some dream team win it.

The NBA is amazing, it's blowing up. Great players can do whatever they want

The queen James did this 2x and the big 3 Celtics started this trend.

The NBA is amazing? Hardly.

It's a player-controlled league, which means it'll never equal football in popularity. People root for teams/cities, not players.

The NBA is amazing? Hardly.

It's a player-controlled league, which means it'll never equal football in popularity. People root for teams/cities, not players.

NBA is on the upswing. Great commissioner and people are going bananas over free agency.

NFL is turning into garbage where you get flagged for tackling people.

I root for players. Love Dirk, any Tar Heels, the Greek freak, and Porzingis.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

NBA is on the upswing. Great commissioner and people are going bananas over free agency.

NFL is turning into garbage where you get flagged for tackling people.

There's a reason people are going bananas over free agency:

ESPN has to earn back it's contract, so it's plastering NBA everywhere rather than talking baseball or ANYTHING else.

There's a reason people are going bananas over free agency:

ESPN has to earn back it's contract, so it's plastering NBA everywhere rather than talking baseball or ANYTHING else.

They plaster soccer too. The younger generations love some hoops.

And this is why the NBA sucks. Nothing to protect franchises from player disloyalty.

They absolutely can protect against that. Teams with player's bird rights can offer more money over a longer period, and go over the cap to re-sign homegrown players.

The real reason this is a problem is because there is no sense of competition anymore. Instead of GS and OKC having 3 years of an awesome rivalry, where Draymond and Durant were sniping at each other, and Curry was going 1v1 for stretches on Westbrook, we get the super friends.

The rivalries of the old NBA are dead. No more Magic/Bird.

Oh geez, not this stuff.

You guys were out making the world a better place while dropping acid and listening to led zeppelin. Thanks pops. Hah.

I'm not THAT old >.>

I am, however, the father of a young millenial.

Edited by joesixpack