NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna need 4 tvs for next season. Gotta watch Mavs/Knicks/Bulls/Warriors/Bucks games.

Don't sleep on the Wolves. Towns is the man. They're young and talented.

Surprised you're not excited to watch the champs. :lol:

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Don't sleep on the Wolves. Towns is the man. They're young and talented.

Surprised you're not excited to watch the champs. :lol:

5th tv for the wolves for sure. I love Andrew Wiggins.

Maybe if the Cavs didn't trade him away they would get some play in my house.

I'm considering getting it, but with Center Ice I don't know where I'd find the time to watch it all.

same here - I just like it to be there when I want to watch. I watch very little regular tv outside of Netflix - it's mostly sports. I think tbs/TNT/ESPN/abc will give us a ton of golden state this year which is ok but I prefer the eastern conference myself Edited by YoloinOhio

same here - I just like it to be there when I want to watch. I watch very little regular tv outside of Netflix - it's mostly sports. I think tbs/TNT/ESPN/abc will give us a ton of golden state this year which is ok but I prefer the eastern conference myself

:lol: The bolded reads really funny, but I agree. I also prefer the Eastern Conference.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Yup. It's going to be a fun season.

...Hopefully it won't be a prelude to another lockout or strike.

i heard one of the radio shows talking about that they think owners are going to push for a hard cap in the next CBA to try to prevent super teams

Like a lead balloon.

Definitely, but it really shouldn't. Putting the cap in place shouldn't affect the amount of $ the top players are getting, only spread them out some more. If a few players want to build a "big 3" team, they just have to agree to all take less money. Of course that won't happen, but the choice is there.

IMO, this is absolutely the best thing for the NBA, players included. I think once the best players start spreading out they'll realize that being a big fish in a small pond isn't so bad. It will also really benefit the mid-level talent since there will be more competition for their services to compliment the star power, not to mention the younger, developing players, since their contracts will be more desirable.

The only downside is the media and relative ease of being on a super team, and that only benefits a handful, and only for a few years at a time. The other 95% of the members of the players union should really see this and not let a few players have their way....like they do on the court.

i heard one of the radio shows talking about that they think owners are going to push for a hard cap in the next CBA to try to prevent super teams

Why can they not figure out a way for teams to reapportion a set % of any cap increase into current contracts?

Why can they not figure out a way for teams to reapportion a set % of any cap increase into current contracts?

That would be a great move for the players, but any team with a bad contract would get hurt more every year. Imagine if the Heat were paying Bosh $30M next year when he hasn't played in 2 years. Why would the owners agree to that?

That would be a great move for the players, but any team with a bad contract would get hurt more every year. Imagine if the Heat were paying Bosh $30M next year when he hasn't played in 2 years. Why would the owners agree to that?

A set % to current players, not a set % to specific players.

Why would owners want to keep the "system" as it is currently?

A set % to current players, not a set % to specific players.

Why would owners want to keep the "system" as it is currently?

There are current players who are on terrible contracts. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean. Can you give me an example?

There are current players who are on terrible contracts. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean. Can you give me an example?

Stop being obtuse. Why is it you enjoy asking questions, but, hate answering them?

Teams are now forced to reach a salary floor. There are multiple players who are making more than the best player on their team because of when a contract was signed. Why not allow a team to dole out a % of the increase on players already under contract rather than make a team spend it where they otherwise would not? The current system is why players are signing shorter term contracts and getting opt out clauses. The best want to get paid & they should. Why "force" a team to spend money on lesser players?

Why would owners want to keep the system as it is currently?