NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

A set % to current players, not a set % to specific players.

Why would owners want to keep the "system" as it is currently?

The league and the union knew that there was going to be an infusion of a sizable amount of new money when the TV deal went into effect. The league suggested that the money be phased in and spread out, as you suggested. The union said no that they want it to go into effect at the time that the increased revenue was up for grabs.

So some stars and some of the players in general who were strategic in their thinking accepted very short Heterm deals knowing that when the new revenue was available they would be in good position to negotiate richer deals. Lebron went for a two year deal with a first year option, in reality a one year deal so that he would be able to tap into the new money. played it smart. A player like Curry who signed a pre-new revenue money deal is currently playing for less money than if he would have signed a bridge deal until the new money was available. In reality he signed an under valued deal.

The union's position is that time will correct the inequities of the transition from the old deal contracts to the new deal contracts.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop being obtuse. Why is it you enjoy asking questions, but, hate answering them?

Teams are now forced to reach a salary floor. There are multiple players who are making more than the best player on their team because of when a contract was signed. Why not allow a team to dole out a % of the increase on players already under contract rather than make a team spend it where they otherwise would not? The current system is why players are signing shorter term contracts and getting opt out clauses. The best want to get paid & they should. Why "force" a team to spend money on lesser players?

Why would owners want to keep the system as it is currently?

I was being sincere. I'm out. Thanks.

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green was arrested Sunday on assault charges in East Lansing, Michigan.

Green was arrested at 2:28 a.m. ET Sunday and is scheduled for arraignment on July 20. No other details of the arrest were immediately available.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16985783/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-arrested-assault-charges-michigan

The settlement amount struck me as amusing. Like Draymond just talked to the guy and agreed to pay his bar tab or something.

I'm missing the humor?

:thumbsup:

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

• 3 weeks later...