NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

Because some players had a sense of competition. I'm not saying it's logical or even smart, but there's a reason Kobe never jumped ship to play with stars.

The NBA is reaping what they sow with them voting against incremental salary cap increases. This wouldn't be an issue without them wanting that money to go into the cap straight away.

Probably the biggest Kobe fan on this board......but there were times when Kobe was a breath away from not being a laker.

He would throw it out there trade me or get me help (which got him Pao Gasol)

It was interesting that at time there was a trade on the table that would have sent Kobe out and Luo Deng to the lakers......and that ended up being one of our free agent aquisitions this year.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the biggest Kobe fan on this board......but there were times when Kobe was a breath away from not being a laker.

He would throw it out there trade me or get me help (which got him Pao Gasol)

It was interesting that at time there was a trade on the table that would have sent Kobe out and Luo Deng to the lakers......and that ended up being one of our free agent aquisitions this year.

He may have threatened and been close, but I don't think it would have ever happened.

Kobe had talent come to him, but he never went out of his way to form a super team on the caliber of the Warriors or the Heat, IMO. And he never left. It was "be my number two or nothing." Kobe would not play second fiddle to anybody.

but instead he chose to receive the max and play out the string on pathetic teams. Yay Kobe.

Damned if you do....

Just Shut Up Charles!

@MikeAndMike

"Kevin Durant is trying to cheat his way into a championship." - Charles Barkley

I happened to be in the car and heard a good portion of his interview. As usual, one soundbite doesn't tell the whole story. Barkley's point was primarily that he respected guys (and thought it better for the league) who worked to build a championship team rather than jumping to an existing one.

Barkley should never shut up. He's one of the few guys who tells it like it is.

Just Shut Up Charles!

@MikeAndMike

"Kevin Durant is trying to cheat his way into a championship." - Charles Barkley

CmrxzALXYAA3_3l.jpg

Translation: "Charles Barkley still won't admit that he was too stupid to go to the right teams in order to win a championship."

I happened to be in the car and heard a good portion of his interview. As usual, one soundbite doesn't tell the whole story. Barkley's point was primarily that he respected guys (and thought it better for the league) who worked to build a championship team rather than jumping to an existing one.

Barkley should never shut up. He's one of the few guys who tells it like he thinks it is.

I'll stipulate tho this. Sometimes he gets it right and sometimes he doesn't. He doesn't get this time as a guy with zero rings.

He may have threatened and been close, but I don't think it would have ever happened.

Kobe had talent come to him, but he never went out of his way to form a super team on the caliber of the Warriors or the Heat, IMO. And he never left. It was "be my number two or nothing." Kobe would not play second fiddle to anybody.

Damned if you do....

On paper, they tried a couple times...

Kobe - Shaq - Karl Malone - Gary Payton

Kobe - Pau Gasol - Dwight Howard - Steve Nash

Both cases were foiled by injuries, though.

You need to define public figure. Because with a statement like that, I think it's going to come down to something based on your opinion. Your opinion says that a professional athlete and other various people have to live by a standard that you set for them in order to make you happy.

Good luck with that.

No, but I'm saying they shouldn't B word and moan when they catch heat. Especially when they use forums like "the decision" or "player's tribune." The athletes are all attention whores...until it's the wrong attention.

I'll stipulate tho this. Sometimes he gets it right and sometimes he doesn't. He doesn't get this time as a guy with zero rings.

That was his point; thinking that a ring is the only validation of a career is foolish. Which is why he's disappointed that Durant holds that view to such an extent that he'd join an existing championship team as the #3 guy just to get one.

That was his point; thinking that a ring is the only validation of a career is foolish. Which is why he's disappointed that Durant holds that view to such an extent that he'd join an existing championship team as the #3 guy just to get one.

Of course he would say that since his resume is missing something that all competitive professional athletes strive for.

By what measure is he the #3 guy?