Not even close. NOT EVEN.

Russell

Abdul-Jabbar

Johnson

Bird

Jordan

Bryant

O'Neal

are all WAY better historically than LeBron, and far more clutch.

When I was growing up watching all those guys (except Russel who predates my biggest fan years), all the guys 20 years older than me would shout "travel" and "that's not a foul in my day" at the TV. You're just spouting old man speak when you deny the best player of his era a place among the greats. Lebron James is the best ball player in the last 10 years and he's still at the top of his game. I don't see why he won't be in another 3-4 Championships before he's done.

I don't love some of James's bonehead moments but Jordan was a grade A #$%^-bag (as well as being my favorite player) and those 80s-90s era guys look mature because we got to see them through a really nicely filtered lens...not the Twitter-verse. I'm sure they were all dumbasses too--we just didn't get the reports moment by moment.

Edited by Observer

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell

Abdul-Jabbar

Johnson

Bird

Jordan

Bryant

O'Neal

Jordan didn't come into the league clutch. Pistons beat him like a dog until he finally learned what it takes to win. Like MJ, I think LeBron may have taken that next step this year. Yeah, he had 2 rings before, but nothing like this. When all is said and done, I don't think there's any doubt he will deserve a spot on the Mt. Rushmore of basketball.

Jordan didn't come into the league clutch. Pistons beat him like a dog until he finally learned what it takes to win. Like MJ, I think LeBron may have taken that next step this year. Yeah, he had 2 rings before, but nothing like this. When all is said and done, I don't think there's any doubt he will deserve a spot on the Mt. Rushmore of basketball.

The Pistons NEVER beat Jordan "like a dog." They won one series in six games and another in 7.

In 1989 Jordan averaged 29, Pippen 10.

The series in 1990 the Pistons won game 7, in which Pippen scored 2 points in 42 minutes. Jordan had 31. Jordan averaged 32 in the series, Pippen 16.

The Pistons were the better, deeper team. Once MJ's supporting cast got better, the Pistons fell apart.

The Pistons NEVER beat Jordan "like a dog." They won one series in six games and another in 7.

The series in 1990 the Pistons won game 7, in which Pippen scored 2 points in 42 minutes. Jordan had 31. Jordan averaged 32 in the series, Pippen 16.

The Pistons were the better, deeper team. Once MJ's supporting cast got better, the Pistons fell apart.

No doubt. The Bulls took time to develop a chemistry and toughness to get through the East but time showed them to be the vastly better team.

Russell

Abdul-Jabbar

Johnson

Bird

Jordan

Bryant

O'Neal

All great players but James belongs somewhere on that list. The game has changed a lot as some have pointed out but take James off the Cavs and insert each of those guys, one at a time, onto the Cavs down 3-1. How many win?

Insert them at the start of the season, how many end up with a trophy? Kobe does more than get Blat fired. He has the whole roster gone by February, scores 72 a game, loses in round 2 and gets "falsely" accused of something in the off season. Jordan and Magic probably win. The others while great, would suffer from the differences in their era. I'm not sure how they end up.

3-5 in the finals. Joesixpack list is accurate.

Lebrons top 7 player of all time for sure.

So !@#$ing dumb... you still don't have any clue. Why do people act so dumb when they talk about someone they hate. Edited by Beef Jerky

So !@#$ing dumb... you still don't have any clue. Why do people act so dumb when they talk about someone they hate.

Elaborate fanboy. He's better than Jordan, Kobe, Wilt, Kareem because Draymond got suspended ?

Being prisoner of the moment is so cool bro !

I hope Spurs make it next year so Kawhi can silence him.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Elaborate fanboy. He's better than Jordan, Kobe, Wilt, Kareem because Draymond got suspended ?

Cool.

I hope Spurs make it next year so Kawhi can silence him.

See how dumb you look... where did I say he is better then everyone? I was laughing at your stupidity over the "Clutch" bull ****.

You should probably stop talking basketball and maybe even stop posting for a while.

Hurry Ryan edit your post

When someone people hates wins the stupidity by those haters follows quickly behind.

Edited by Beef Jerky

See how dumb you look... where did I say he is better then everyone? I was laughing at your stupidity over the "Clutch" bull ****.

You should probably stop talking basketball and maybe even stop posting for a while.

Yea he was clutch when he scored 5 points with Jj Barea guarding him and the Mavs beat that ass

Yea he was clutch when Ray Allen bailed him out w a miracle that led to Spurs hammering him by 1000 every game the following season.

He was also clutch 5 years earlier when the Spurs swept him.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Yea he was clutch when he scored 5 points with Jj Barea guarding him and the Mavs beat that ass

Yea he was clutch when Ray Allen bailed him out w a miracle that led to Spurs hammering him by 1000 every game the following season.

He was also clutch 5 years earlier when the Spurs swept him.

So only Jordan was Clutch by your idiotic reply?

Oh wait how can Jordan be Clutch is he only won 6 championships out of the 15 years he played?

Fun putting Ryan in the corner.

So only Jordan was Clutch by your idiotic reply?Oh wait how can Jordan be Clutch is he only won 6 championships out of the 15 years he played?Fun putting Ryan in the corner.

All time ranking Lebron = 6th 7th

Jordan 1st. Put that in a corner captain clutch.

All time ranking Lebron = 6th 7th

Jordan 1st. Put that in a corner captain clutch.

That has nothing to do with clutch idiot. See these are the things that make people laugh at you and others like you.

So making it to 7 finals In a row isn't clutch, only going to 6 finals ever in a 15 year career is clutch. If you lose one you aren't clutch. Yea see the stupidity with the things you say.

Also Lebron is clutch this year but not last year?

Let's not forget every year Jordan made it to the playoffs and didn't get to the finals he wasn't clutch.

This is so fun Ryan using the word clutch wherever the !@#$ I want just like you

Edited by Beef Jerky

That has nothing to do with clutch idiot. See these are the things that make people laugh at you and others like you.

So making it to 7 finals In a row isn't clutch, only going to 6 finals ever in a 15 year career is clutch. If you lose one you aren't clutch. Yea see the stupidity with the things you say.

Also Lebron is clutch this year but not last year?

Let's not forget every year Jordan made it to the playoffs and didn't get to the finals he wasn't clutch.

This is so fun Ryan usjgn clutch wherever the !@#$ I want just like you

Cool. You're pretty mad huh ?

It's not about clutch it's about you tail wagging fanboys saying he's the best player ever

Cool. You're pretty mad huh ?

It's not about clutch it's about you tail wagging fanboys saying he's the best player ever

Where did I say that? Also why do you keep saying clutch. Trust me if you look at the posts you are the only one angry... maybe you are hungry which is why you're angry.

Ryan, are you Hangry?

Pistons got old, and the NBA and their refs helped make Chuck Daly's Jordan Rules (great book!) no longer valid. Before that, Jordan may have gotten points, but the Bad Boys gave him a beating on the floor. Good for him though, I don't think he would've been as great without it.

All great players but James belongs somewhere on that list. The game has changed a lot as some have pointed out but take James off the Cavs and insert each of those guys, one at a time, onto the Cavs down 3-1. How many win?

Insert them at the start of the season, how many end up with a trophy? Kobe does more than get Blat fired. He has the whole roster gone by February, scores 72 a game, loses in round 2 and gets "falsely" accused of something in the off season. Jordan and Magic probably win. The others while great, would suffer from the differences in their era. I'm not sure how they end up.

Kobe had Pau Gasol, and not a whole lot else, in the last couple of championships he won. Lebron has/had two additional allstars with him in his championships. Lebron is great, but his greatness doesn't diminish other players greatness, imo. They all have their unique abilities to put a stamp on the game.

I will always hold the finger pointing, the Decision and abandoning Cleveland (and even Miami) against Lebron because he has not and will probably never prove to be different from the Lebron who did those things.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but can you explain why the rules for where a free agent should be allowed to sign are different for Lebron James than for any other professional athlete?

I thought 'THE DECISION' was really stupid.

But, as far as him leaving Cleveland for a few years? I don't hold that against him. Guy grew up in Akron, drafted by Cleveland, and that's all he knew. I see his stint on Miami as him getting the 'college' experience. He got away from 'home' for a bit, had some new experiences, found some successes, and then came back home to 'settle down'.

Kobe had Pau Gasol, and not a whole lot else, in the last couple of championships he won. Lebron has/had two additional allstars with him in his championships. Lebron is great, but his greatness doesn't diminish other players greatness, imo. They all have their unique abilities to put a stamp on the game.

I agree that most of that list was made up of guys that had different types of talent and thus are hard to compare. Kobe in his prime would not have won with the Cavs this year IMO. From that list only Magic and Jordan get it done with the Cavs. That doesn't mean I think Lebron is better than the rest of those guys, just that Magic and Jordan made players around them so much better. Kobe made them want to leave....I'm not questioning his talent. I think Lebron makes others around him better at times, but not like Magic or Jordan. I don't really know about Russell's impact on other guys, but from the rest of the list I think I'd put Lebron third in helping others get better. Maybe Bird is there too. Still, in that particular trait I think Magic is even above Jordan. He was really something.

Other players to go on there? Robertson? Chamberlain?