NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

you don't know newtons trouble with the law? Thrown out of Florida for theft of a laptop was huge. He stole a laptop. Painted over the guys case with cam newton on it. There were other brief run ins.

James had some minor scuttlebutts in high school dealing with petty theft, bribes, etc. Nothing was done about it but it was commonly known in Ohio basketball.

Yeah, I knew about Cam, was talking about LeBron. I think you are stretching a bit to say they are the same, and that Lebron "doesn't deserve it". It's okay to say you just don't like either of them, but come on...James is fantastic. If he has had any flaw in his game over the years, it has been a tendency to try too hard to get his teammates involved...he is the farthest thing from a "selfish player" as anyone could hope for these days, particularly for a guy who can pretty much do it all.

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn!

@espnstatsinfo

LeBron James: led all players on both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks in series

He is the first player in NBA history to lead all players in all five categories for an entire playoff series

Wow thats amazing

CBF

and seriously, let's cut Cam a bit of slack, sure he messed up early on, but the guy is an absolute football stud, and as far as I know, a pretty good ambassador for the game and the area, sure I don't hear all the local stories that you may be privy to, but **** happens to young people, we need to be able to move on and hope they grow as adults.

Yeah, I knew about Cam, was talking about LeBron. I think you are stretching a bit to say they are the same, and that Lebron "doesn't deserve it". It's okay to say you just don't like either of them, but come on...James is fantastic. If he has had any flaw in his game over the years, it has been a tendency to try too hard to get his teammates involved...he is the farthest thing from a "selfish player" as anyone could hope for these days, particularly for a guy who can pretty much do it all.

you forget about that big special announcing he was going to Miami? You forgot how he betrayed Cleveland to chase a ring?

Cleveland deserved a win. James already had his.

Both he and cam are tremendously talented but they are divas.

As far as pooj bringing up being over what Newton did I agree its the past. O was only mentioning it to show that both of these high stepping, in your face athletes are very much the same. The kids love it but it takes away from the sport. Instead of being a technical and a penalty to be frowned upon for hanging on a rim they now slow it down to Slo mo. They love showing guys getting dunked on, etc. Its idiocracy. Play the game.

you forget about that big special announcing he was going to Miami? You forgot how he betrayed Cleveland to chase a ring?

As far as pooj bringing up being over what Newton did I agree its the past. O was only mentioning it to show that both of these high stepping, in your face athletes are very much the same. The kids love it but it takes away from the sport. Instead of being a technical and a penalty to be frowned upon for hanging on a rim they now slow it down to Slo mo. They love showing guys getting dunked on, etc. Its idiocracy. Play the game.

No, I didn't forget that...but his return to Cleveland, and ultimately, bringing them a championship, should be enough to shut up all his detractors...but I know sports hate is irrational, and dies hard. James could have easily gone from Miami, to New York, or LA... name a pro sports player who isn't a diva? James has grown up in public...I remember after game 4 of this series, after a big must win, James was being interviewed on the court by Craig Sager, who, somehow, was covering the very first finals game of his long NBA broadcast career...James took the whole interview to congratulate Sager, and wish him the best with his cancer recovery...Sager was tearing up the whole time... James has grown into a good guy. I guess I just don't see this "high stepping", "in your face" character that you are hating so much...I see a competitor

Edited by Buftex

In fact, Lebron not being selfish enough is why he'll never be the best player in league history. Top five? Absolutely. But all the criticism Lebron has gotten over the years is directly tied to his pass first nature. He's not a killer like MJ or Kobe, and that's okay.

It's clear Boyst has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to basketball.

He didn't betray Cleveland when he left. Cleveland wasn't doing anything to help the team win a championship, so he went elsewhere to get one. That's not betrayal, it's being smart.

"The Decision," was a prime example of a very young professional athlete being misguided. It disgusted me when it took place, too, but to hold it against LeBron - at that point in his career - I think is unfair. He also distributed over $2 million to charities from the monies made for that special.

LeBron James is likely the best basketball player, ever. I think he handles himself very well and the "diva" label is an incorrect one. He's marketing himself. There's nothing wrong with that.

I didn't read back far enough to see why LeBron was compared to Cam Newton, but I don't see why they would even be compared. One is the greatest NBA player in the history of the game who's had multiple league and championship MVPs, as well as being part of three championship teams. The other hasn't come close to reaching that level of success ... in an entirely different sport, for that matter.

In fact, Lebron not being selfish enough is why he'll never be the best player in league history. Top five? Absolutely. But all the criticism Lebron has gotten over the years is directly tied to his pass first nature. He's not a killer like MJ or Kobe, and that's okay.

It's clear Boyst has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to basketball.

:thumbsup:

I will always hold the finger pointing, the Decision and abandoning Cleveland (and even Miami) against Lebron because he has not and will probably never prove to be different from the Lebron who did those things.

Edited by FireChan

I will always hold the finger pointing, the Decision and abandoning Cleveland (and even Miami) against Lebron because he has not and will probably never prove to be different from the Lebron who did those things.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but can you explain why the rules for where a free agent should be allowed to sign are different for Lebron James than for any other professional athlete?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but can you explain why the rules for where a free agent should be allowed to sign are different for Lebron James than for any other professional athlete?

B.c Lebron is better then all those other guys and people don't like that.

Not even close. NOT EVEN.

Russell

Abdul-Jabbar

Johnson

Bird

Jordan

Bryant

O'Neal

are all WAY better historically than LeBron, and far more clutch.

Hahahahahahahaha "far more clutch" so dumb

Not even close. NOT EVEN.

Russell

Abdul-Jabbar

Johnson

Bird

Jordan

Bryant

O'Neal

are all WAY better historically than LeBron, and far more clutch

That's a good list, and I wouldn't argue any of them (except maybe Shaq), but LeBron definitely belongs in the company of those players...Shaq was great, but could have been much better, and the Lakers could have won another trophy or two, if he had been more dedicated. Not sure how you measure that they were "all WAY better historically".

Edited by Buftex

Really?

REALLY?

Do you know anything about NBA history or...

I watched all those guys play and two of those guys (Bird and Jordan) are my two favorite players. James is in their company. Hard to compare eras though. James's body type in the 90s would have scored 40 a game, even with the allowed hand checking. Karl Malone was the only player "like" Lebron back then but he was not the athlete that James is.

7 championship series in 7 years with two teams is a helluva stat.

Huh? There aren't rules. He's allowed to do whatever he wants, but put any other FA in the same situation Lebron was in when he left, and I call them douches too. Lebron's situation wasn't the standard FA leaving.

Did you not hear the billion dollar athlete who is genetic lottery ticket say that "God is hard on me" last night? !@#$ this dude, for real. He has never had any self-awareness.

Edited by FireChan

I watched all those guys play and two of those guys (Bird and Jordan) are my two favorite players. James is in their company. Hard to compare eras though. James's body type in the 90s would have scored 40 a game, even with the allowed hand checking. Karl Malone was the only player "like" Lebron back then but he was not the athlete that James is.

7 championship series in 7 years with two teams is a helluva stat.

I always avoid the "best ever" arguments, which is why being in the company of the all time greats is how I measure them. James has a seat at the table no matter what his detractors say.

And those championship series in 7 years cannot be argued with. That is a stat for the ages.