Peyton Manning Benched

Protocal69

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what I don't get. Brady and Manning are like the same age. How is Tom still on fire, and Manning totally washed up? WHYY????

People age differently to begin with and who knows what the respective levels of chemical enhancements were that have been practiced by each. Add that Brady, I suspect, has taken far fewer hits over his career... (He's never been on a bad team)

If you just look at tommy boy he looks like an 32 year old while manning looks like he in his mid 40s.

Neck injuries, lack of feeling in his hands... Etc, etc.

I will say Brady would probably be a lot more beat up if he had to play coughlin every week.

Too bad Brady doesn't look this rough.

Father time is undefeated. His time is coming and the drop off is usually precipitous. He'll be injured more frequently and not heal as quickly and his game will suffer. It's pretty much the same for all old QBs.

He really should just call it a day. He has nothing left to prove. He gets too much heat for the playoff failures given that he was the Super Bowl MVP in the year the Colts won it. And I don't buy the idea that the Bears were a soft opponent - they weren't (they were 13-3), and in any case that wasn't the real SB that year. The real one was the Colts-Pats AFC championship game, which was one for the ages. And he came through big time against one of the greatest teams of all time. It was akin to the Cowboys-Niners championship games of the early 90s, which were the real SBs then.

Ultimately, his postseason record compares with those of Brett Favre, Drew Brees, and Steve Young -- other great QBs who won one SB and no more. However, they don't take as much heat as Peyton has ...

Edited by dave mcbride

I'm unfortunately an ASU fan. I saw every game he played. He really wasn't even good in college. He's got a cannon and is sometimes accurate and a tease. But he's Ryan Mallet.

Are you talking about Manning? How many super bowls has he played in? Been the MVP of? How many records does he hold? and you compare him to Ryan Mallet? What the heck man, give the guy some credit.. Geesh