The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

DISPATCHES FROM THE EDUCATION APOCALYPSE:

Very Special Snowflakes: Harvard Refuses to Name the Student Who Repeatedly Insulted a Visiting Former Israeli PM by Saying She Was “Smelly” and Had a “Very Smelly Odor” – and removes the exchange from video of the event.

“Note the efforts Harvard Law is going to here on behalf of benevolent censorship — they’re not trying to silence this ugly cur. They’re trying to protect him. He made public statements, in a public forum, but Harvard is going hyperactive to delete his statements from the public record.”

Winston Smith, call your office.

UPDATE: His name is Husam El-Qoulaq.

Question to all liberals on the board, sane and looney: do any of you agree with this woman?

I'm just asking because I'm wondering if we've finally found a topic that unites us all.

“Black people love me,” she tells a reporter.

Trump's running mate?

Question to all liberals on the board, sane and looney: do any of you agree with this woman?

I'm just asking because I'm wondering if we've finally found a topic that unites us all.

I agree with her statement that she was fired because she was white.

Had she been a black woman, she would would still be teaching. Probably elevated to a committee position on diversity as well.

Mizzou Misery: Exclusive Emails Reveal The Brutal Backlash.

Mizzou’s vice chancellor for marketing and communications, Ellen De Graffenreid, received a disheartening email last fall at the pinnacle of the crisis on campus. A disgruntled parent wrote to the university’s Board of Curators, describing how her son, a sophomore, considered transferring out, while their two high-school-aged children “have all but eliminated Mizzou from their college list.”

Someone had forwarded the note to the university’s Department of Marketing and Communications, adding: “I’m sure you already know this but you have a PR nightmare on your hands.” De Graffenreid, in turn, forwarded it to the college’s leadership, adding the letter from a parent was “pretty representative of the middle of the road people we are losing.”

New correspondence reviewed by Heat Street and National Review depicts the cataclysmic backlash against the University of Missouri as its administrators grappled with demands from rowdy protestors, a hunger-striking grad student, and a boycotting football team. The protests ultimately toppled both the president and the chancellor.

{snip}

The 7,400 pages of emails, reviewed exclusively by these two publications, reveal how Mizzou overwhelmingly lost the support of longtime sports fans, donors, and alumni. Parents and grandparents wrote in from around the country declaring that their family members wouldn’t be attending Mizzou after the highly publicized controversy. Some current students talked about leaving.

This passionate backlash doesn’t appear to have been a bluff. Already, freshman enrollment is down 25%, leaving a $32 million funding gap and forcing the closure of four dorms. The month after the protests, donations to the athletic department were a mere $191,000—down 72% over the same period a year earlier. Overall fundraising also took a big hit.

Appeasing the noisy few was a devastating mistake, especially given higher education’s generally vulnerable position these days. If only someone had warned them.

Racist drawing at university was drawn by black students.

Yet another hoax. Not one recent racist incident has been proven true so far. All instigated by the activists.

http://college.usatoday.com/2016/04/27/black-students-connected-in-su-racist-drawing/

University response:

Before investigation - We must find these racists and throw them in prison!

After investigation - It was just a joke by some immature kids...