The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

No, they won't. Retailers want people who work, not people who feel they're being exploited by holding a job below their station. Conversely, people like this would never apply for a retail job, because they're "better" than that.

For all the interviewing I do and have done, the simple truth is they can have a wall filled with diplomas and letters of recommendation and I can sniff out an entitled snot in a moment. All the diplomas and letters mean jackschitt...except to the people who either have them, or hand them out.

Be on time. Dress appropriately. Ask questions about the company or your role in the company, not how many vacation and sick days you get. Ask about opportunity for growth, not for a special favor to take off your third week at work for a a trip you're thinking of taking.

Quite honestly, anyone who is completely stupid enough to scream at the dean of their university is too stupid for retail. They're too stupid for anything. Except maybe community organizing.

• 2 weeks later...

In our brave, new world, the proper use of English is now a microagression

FTA:

Pham is clearly quite concerned about this because he goes on to describe the concept of Language Justice and how we can all work together to remove the yoke of oppression from those who don’t conform to racial and “heteronormative” standards.

I’ll save myself a considerable bit of ranting by referring you to the response from Katherine Timpf at National Review. There’s no need or desire to discriminate against people who are dealing with English as a Second Language (ESL) issues, but that doesn’t make it offensive to speak English properly either.

In our brave, new world, the proper use of English is now a microagression

FTA:

Pham is clearly quite concerned about this because he goes on to describe the concept of Language Justice and how we can all work together to remove the yoke of oppression from those who don’t conform to racial and “heteronormative” standards.

I’ll save myself a considerable bit of ranting by referring you to the response from Katherine Timpf at National Review. There’s no need or desire to discriminate against people who are dealing with English as a Second Language (ESL) issues, but that doesn’t make it offensive to speak English properly either.

From now on, when I finish the Sunday NYT crossword, I'm going to roll it up and swat a Hispanic with it. There's your !@#$ing language microaggression.

From now on, when I finish the Sunday NYT crossword, I'm going to roll it up and swat a Hispanic with it. There's your !@#$ing language microaggression.

Microagressions are bad enough but the cumulative impact of nanoagressions are the really hurtful thing.

Nanoggressions are things you do not do, say or even think but ones which someone might think you did, said or thought. They are not overtly racist, sexist, or any other -ist. They may or may not hurt anyone if broadcast, said, acted upon or thought.

For instance if you are a white dude and you walk onto or near a lawn while you are preoccupied with something like emailing on your phone you might not even notice you are walking on or near the lawn. This however is still a nanoggression because someone might see you on the lawn, notice the green grass, note that the color green is equated with envy, assume you think they need to feel envious of you because of their race/gender/religion/etc. and thus they have been nanoagressed. This might not seem like a big deal to you but if this happens enough times to enough people, our society becomes full of stressed out nanoagressed people.

I can't believe that somebody who works at a fast food place would screw up an order.

They didn't screw it up. The restaurant “engaged in unfair and deceptive business practices by adding peanut butter to the plaintiff’s grilled cheese sandwich knowing that [she] has a life-threatening peanut allergy.”

Because we can't just make mistakes anymore.

They didn't screw it up. The restaurant “engaged in unfair and deceptive business practices by adding peanut butter to the plaintiff’s grilled cheese sandwich knowing that [she] has a life-threatening peanut allergy.”

Because we can't just make mistakes anymore.

That's the thing that pisses me off. The world is a very imperfect place. That's why I rolled my eyes at that whole gorilla thing with a "**** happens" attitude. But you know what will solve this problem? Pay them $15 an hour!

That's the thing that pisses me off. The world is a very imperfect place. That's why I rolled my eyes at that whole gorilla thing with a "**** happens" attitude. But you know what will solve this problem? Pay them $15 an hour!

Couldn't have said it any better, except perhaps, Pay them $16 an hour!

Meanwhile...............back at Mizoo......................

There's tone deaf, and then there's the student who thinks a vigil for Orlando is a good time for anti-white screed.

Video: College Race Activists Derail Vigil for Orlando Victims, Hate on White People 'I thought I’d take a moment to list out some facts that many of you probably don’t know because you’re white.'

Another take:

WATCH: Mizzou race activist hijacks Orlando vigil as gay community rebukes her

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/27839/

Meanwhile...............back at Mizoo......................

There's tone deaf, and then there's the student who thinks a vigil for Orlando is a good time for anti-white screed.

Video: College Race Activists Derail Vigil for Orlando Victims, Hate on White People 'I thought I’d take a moment to list out some facts that many of you probably don’t know because you’re white.'

Another take:

WATCH: Mizzou race activist hijacks Orlando vigil as gay community rebukes her

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/27839/

That's one of the most disgusting displays I've ever seen. Seriously.

That's one of the most disgusting displays I've ever seen. Seriously.

Although there is a certain humor in watching these groups accuse each other of oppressing each other. "Your oppression oppresses our oppression!"

It's really going to suck, in a few years, having to give my coffee order to these entitled idiots.