The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

So the author is decrying the shift from an investment in the future mentality to an entitlement mentality at the same time he is whining about people voting for the alternative to the candidate who represents the past 30 years of such policy?

She also mocks out "Baby Boomers" for not having a sense of sacrifice in the short term for a better tomorrow. But for her instead of sacrificing short term by joining the military and getting the GI Bill, or working a job and going to school at night, she took the easy short term by getting a college loan. Then she bemoans that she has to pay it back. LOL

So much for respect your elders. Seems "Baby Boomers" are becoming the whipping boys of the 20/30 somethings.

Edited by reddogblitz

She also mocks out "Baby Boomers" for not having a sense of sacrifice in the short term for a better tomorrow. But for her instead of sacrificing short term by joining the military and getting the GI Bill, or working a job and going to school at night, she took the easy short term by getting a college loan. Then she bemoans that she has to pay it back. LOL

So much for respect your elders. Seems "Baby Boomers" are becoming the whipping boys of the 20/30 somethings.

Baby boomers are the ones who gave us modern progressive thought. So yeah, they blow

You always think that it can't get any more absurd.............

and then (daily) you are proved wrong............ :wallbash:.....................I'm done

New Jersey police investigate racism charge after third grader mentions "brownies" at class party

http://www.philly.com/philly/education/20160629_Why_police_were_called_to_a_South_Jersey_third_grade_class_party.html via @phillydotcom

On June 16, police were called to an unlikely scene: an end-of-the-year class party at the William P. Tatem Elementary School in Collingswood.

A third grader had made a comment about the brownies being served to the class. After another student exclaimed that the remark was "racist," the school called the Collingswood Police Department, according to the mother of the boy who made the comment.

If this isn't,a joke, we're all doomed. Society is toast.

Baby boomers are the ones who gave us modern progressive thought. So yeah, they blow

This. Boomers killed America. Those 20/30-somethings you hate are the natural result of boomer greed, entitlement (yes, entitlement; boomers are by far the worst offenders when it comes to entitlement. See: social security reform), and overall leftist thought.

This. Boomers killed America. Those 20/30-somethings you hate are the natural result of boomer greed, entitlement (yes, entitlement; boomers are by far the worst offenders when it comes to entitlement. See: social security reform), and overall leftist thought.

I think you're confusing self-centeredness with entitlement.

I think you're confusing self-centeredness with entitlement.

Eh, I think it's both. But when it comes to boomer resistance to social security reform self-centeredness would be more accurate.

Eh, I think it's both. But when it comes to boomer resistance to social security reform self-centeredness would be more accurate.

I haven't seen many protests by boomers screaming about SS reform. The first wave of boomers is already retired and they wouldn't be affected by reform anyway. Reform should hit people who are in their mid 40's now, which is post-boomers.

I haven't seen many protests by boomers screaming about SS reform. The first wave of boomers is already retired and they wouldn't be affected by reform anyway. Reform should hit people who are in their mid 40's now, which is post-boomers.

Yeah >.>

My parents' generation is one that I'm not too fond of.

The point is that the reforms should have hit people in their 40s......and it should have been done 25 years ago.....kicking the can down the road....when they were really kicking their own grandchildren down the road.

The point is that the reforms should have hit people in their 40s......and it should have been done 25 years ago.....kicking the can down the road....when they were really kicking their own grandchildren down the road.

By that standard, you can blame the Greatest Generation for not rolling back Medicare 30 years ago.

Boomers should get the blame for creating a new generation of indulgent entitled babies.

By that standard, you can blame the Greatest Generation for not rolling back Medicare 30 years ago.

Boomers should get the blame for creating a new generation of indulgent entitled babies.

In a way you are right. the greatest generation should get the blame for raising the losers known as the Boomers. It is understandable though since the horrors they saw are something they did not want their children to see. It resulted in these self centered morons and their entitled babies. I suppose we could go all the way back if we got into it, but the bottom line is that:

1. People create problems if they don't take all of the facts into account. When they do, they realize that it is not all about them.

2. Baby boomers are douche bags.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Careful with the over simplified generalizations gents. I'm a boomer and waited two years past full rate to retire. I'd been working since I was 15.

Our son's an Eagle Scout and an electrician. Our daughter (no pics, don't ask) put herself through college with some help from us.

Both of them were disadvantaged in that we earned too much to have them get any financial assistance for going to college.

I don't think either one of them feels entitled in any way.

As to the "Greatest Generation" one could say that they were a bunch of self-indulgent drunks who fled the cities, created urban blight, joined unions that corrupted our political system, bankrolled institutions that squeezed corporations to produce higher dividends that made them careless in their investments, created the disposable consumer goods market, scorned recycling, filled countless landfills with heaps of trash, used DDT, polluted the air with lead gasoline and lead paint, and filled our waters with phosphates that created unchecked eutrophication. Now pardon me while I apologize to my mother who is still alive at age 91. My father and uncles who were members of that generation and partook in many of those activities are long gone.

On a more sober note, I think Daniel Patrick Moynihan was perhaps the last great Senator. No one has had the guts to follow up with the work that he did to stabilize SS. They just kicked the can down the road. And so it goes.

In a way you are right. the greatest generation should get the blame for raising the losers known as the Boomers. It is understandable though since the hours they saw are something they did not want their children to see. It resulted in these self centered morons and their entitled babies. I suppose we could go all the way back if we got into it, but the bottom line is that:

1. People create problems if they don't take all of the facts into account. When they do, they realize that it is not all about them.

2. Baby boomers are douche bags.

You're really, really right about that. :bag:

Reality smacks millennials in the face.

http://www.askamanager.org/2016/06/i-was-fired-from-my-internship-for-writing-a-proposal-for-a-more-flexible-dress-code.html

We decided to write a proposal stating why we should be allowed someone leeway under the dress code. We accompanied the proposal with a petition, signed by all of the interns (except for one who declined to sign it) and gave it to our managers to consider... :doh: :lol:

...The next day, all of us who signed the petition were called into a meeting where we thought our proposal would be discussed. Instead, we were informed that due to our “unprofessional” behavior, we were being let go from our internships. We were told to hand in our ID badges and to gather our things and leave the property ASAP. B-) :thumbsup:

This is what colleges are teaching kids; if they just protest, they will get their way. His next step was to post his complaint on social media to get advice/sympathy. :bag:

http://www.askamanager.org/2016/06/i-was-fired-from-my-internship-for-writing-a-proposal-for-a-more-flexible-dress-code.html

This is what colleges are teaching kids; if they just protest, they will get their way. His next step was to post his complaint on social media to get advice/sympathy. :bag:

From the article:

The worst part is that just before the meeting ended, one of the managers told us that the worker who was allowed to disobey the dress code was a former soldier who lost her leg and was therefore given permission to wear whatever kind of shoes she could walk in. You can’t even tell, and if we had known about this we would have factored it into our argument.

That whole thing has to be fake.

From the article:

From the article:

Sounds pretty real to me. Welcome to the real world, morons.

And bitching about someone that gets a "reasonable accommodation" as required by the ADA, that they didn't know about because of HIPAA laws, is disingeneous.

It's like I've said several times in this thread already: I can't wait to see what happens when they graduate and enter the real world. Fools. :lol:

I'm actually shocked. I assumed most of the usual suspects on this board were baby boomers.

I'm a boomer. People can say what ever they want, I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, they may as well have said all latinos eat tacos, or all backs are rappers.

It's all the same ignorant type of broad-brush painting that happens here all the damned time.

Let them think that if they wish. I know better.

Edited by Azalin