The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

Every !@#$ing day, at 2pm, just after the lunch rush.

Won't be much of a lunch rush anymore.

The backlash closed down the restaurant until after the hoopla. Owners getting death threats, and reviews online are brutal.

Although, I wonder how long they could have stayed open having only BLM as customers...

The backlash closed down the restaurant until after the hoopla. Owners getting death threats, and reviews online are brutal.

Although, I wonder how long they could have stayed open having only BLM as customers...

Now that's going too far. Jerks that threaten like that probably don't have the guts to even do the right thing and burn his place down. :ph34r:

The customers who complained should be the ones getting death threats.

According to the owners, some customers spilled a drink, and he thought the commotion was about the cops, so he banned them. That's where the "language barrier" excuse originated.

He did make it worse by banning ALL cops.

According to the owners, some customers spilled a drink, and he thought the commotion was about the cops, so he banned them. That's where the "language barrier" excuse originated.

He did make it worse by banning ALL cops.

Sure.

Do they tip well?

• 2 weeks later...

Academic Absurdity of the Week: Sexist Ski Slopes?

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/08/academic-absurdity-of-the-week-sexist-ski-slopes.php

Did you know that skiing is a sexist sport? It turns out that even the ski slopes themselves are sexist! Or something. As usual, it’s hard to make out exactly what’s being said. but you’ll never be able to ski down a steep mogul run again, never mind use fast wax on your totally-phallically skis (and don’t even ask about ski poles I think), without Freud in your head, according to this article in the International Review for the Sociology of Sport:

More at the link......

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/08/academic-absurdity-of-the-week-sexist-ski-slopes.php

Did you know that skiing is a sexist sport? It turns out that even the ski slopes themselves are sexist! Or something. As usual, it’s hard to make out exactly what’s being said. but you’ll never be able to ski down a steep mogul run again, never mind use fast wax on your totally-phallically skis (and don’t even ask about ski poles I think), without Freud in your head, according to this article in the International Review for the Sociology of Sport:

More at the link......

My ex-girlfriend was definitely a better skier than me. I think I have penis envy now - or something like that.

More at the link......

Why do academics these days want to make it so there is no distinction between the sexes?

rudy-top-half.jpg

Oh never mind.

Why do academics these days want to make it so there is no distinction between the sexes?

Since he wrote that article (in 2010), he's changed the focus of his research...

Dr. Stoddart's research draws attention to three sets of linkages. First, it highlights the ways in which local communities and environments in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and British Columbia are embedded within and shaped by large-scale systems of media communication, tourism mobility, petrocapitalism, and climate change policy debate. Second, it demonstrates how social practices and discourses related to tourism and recreation are intimately bound up with technologies and nature. Third, it traces connections between cultural understandings of nature, economic transformation, and environmental politics.

I've been trying for fifteen minutes to figure out what he actually does. I can only get so far before I say "Oh, bull ****...that's not a real !@#$ing job."

I've got to nominate this guy for an igNobel prize. Maybe for his seminal 2015 paper on “A Topology of Diversion: Legitimating Discourses of Oil Extraction, Tourism Attraction, and Climate Action.” ("Legitimating?" What the !@#$ is "legitimating?" How do you "legitimate" something?)

Since he wrote that article (in 2010), he's changed the focus of his research...

I've been trying for fifteen minutes to figure out what he actually does. I can only get so far before I say "Oh, bull ****...that's not a real !@#$ing job."

I've got to nominate this guy for an igNobel prize. Maybe for his seminal 2015 paper on “A Topology of Diversion: Legitimating Discourses of Oil Extraction, Tourism Attraction, and Climate Action.” ("Legitimating?" What the !@#$ is "legitimating?" How do you "legitimate" something?)

Legitimate- to make lawful. Follow the law.

He wants to have laws to govern discussions about oil, tourism, and global warming.

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/one-college-ditched-its-entire-cinco-de-mayo-celebration-because-of-a-single-student-complaint/

“The massive flyer had Sam in a sumbrero [sic] with Feliz Cumpleanos on it,” the student wrote in a bias report reviewed exclusively by Heat Street. “The event advertised a burrito bar and salsa lessons for some reason and if this were an isolated event I wouldnt [sic] think twice about it. I feel as though whenever an event like this is taking place we go straight to stereotypes and it is EXTREMELY offensive! If that were not enough on Cinco de Mayo the dining services team decides than in honor of a glorious victory against french colonizers in Mexico we should decorate the dinning [sic] commons. The decorations included blow up chili peppers, pancho decorations, donkey piñatas and other overtly racist and clearly ignorant decorations.”

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/one-college-ditched-its-entire-cinco-de-mayo-celebration-because-of-a-single-student-complaint/

“The massive flyer had Sam in a sumbrero [sic] with Feliz Cumpleanos on it,” the student wrote in a bias report reviewed exclusively by Heat Street. “The event advertised a burrito bar and salsa lessons for some reason and if this were an isolated event I wouldnt [sic] think twice about it. I feel as though whenever an event like this is taking place we go straight to stereotypes and it is EXTREMELY offensive! If that were not enough on Cinco de Mayo the dining services team decides than in honor of a glorious victory against french colonizers in Mexico we should decorate the dinning [sic] commons. The decorations included blow up chili peppers, pancho decorations, donkey piñatas and other overtly racist and clearly ignorant decorations.”

I guess, "Vote for Pedro" signs are now out of bounds?

This **** just kills me. Hey Jose. If you're EXTREMELY offended by, and consider racists, blow up chili peppers, pinatas, burrito bars (mmmmmm) and salsa dancing you're the problem. Not the 99% of the others that just wanted to have some fun. But hey, they had fun at your expense so I guess it had that going for it.

This **** just kills me. Hey Jose. If you're EXTREMELY offended by, and consider racists, blow up chili peppers, pinatas, burrito bars (mmmmmm) and salsa dancing you're the problem. Not the 99% of the others that just wanted to have some fun. But hey, they had fun at your expense so I guess it had that going for it.

They met with the one (and only) student who complained and asked him what they could do to make the celebration more appropriate for his culture; and his response was that they just need to ask him permission first.

That sums it up right there.

These snowflakes just want to feel special.

Edited by unbillievable

They met with the one (and only) student who complained and asked him what they could do to make the celebration more appropriate for his culture; and his response was that they just need to ask him permission first.

That sums it up right there.

These snowflakes just want to feel special.

Because college is no longer about learning, it's about having your ignorance validated.

WTF is a "bias report".

On second thought, please don't answer. I don't want confirmation of what I think it is.