The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

In a way you are right. the greatest generation should get the blame for raising the losers known as the Boomers. It is understandable though since the horrors they saw are something they did not want their children to see. It resulted in these self centered morons and their entitled babies. I suppose we could go all the way back if we got into it, but the bottom line is that:

1. People create problems if they don't take all of the facts into account. When they do, they realize that it is not all about them.

2. Baby boomers are douche bags.

I remember 25-30 years ago saying that the Greatest Generation seemed to fail as parents.

I agree with Azalin.

One thing to consider when bashing Baby Boomers is they did invent the internet and the iPhone. Where would you be without that? DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED. :)

You can't miss what you never had.

That's even worse - the chalk is white.

You can get different colored chalk. What if we use...

Damn it, I can't think of a single non-racist color. Green is Irish. Yellow is Asian. Orange is Trump, hence oppressive. Red...on a blackboard would symbolize the bloody repression of the history of slavery (or Treyvon Martin). Maybe...blue chalk? Is blue racist?

You can get different colored chalk. What if we use...

Damn it, I can't think of a single non-racist color. Green is Irish. Yellow is Asian. Orange is Trump, hence oppressive. Red...on a blackboard would symbolize the bloody repression of the history of slavery (or Treyvon Martin). Maybe...blue chalk? Is blue racist?

The only thing I can think of offhand that is associated with the color blue is the helmets/berets/armbands worn by UN peace keepers, and that's about as PC positive as you can get. So, yeah - blue chalk is likely fine.

But I'm sure that somebody somewhere would find a reason to be offended by it. It's 2016 after all.

Nothing like spending $40k/yr to learn that your kids are privileged.

Not only that......

"Bank Street has created a “dedicated space” in the school for “kids of color,” where they’re “embraced” by minority instructors and encouraged to “voice their feelings” and “share experiences about being a kid of color,” according to school presentation slides obtained by The Post.

Meanwhile, white kids are herded into separate classrooms and taught to raise their “awareness of the prevalence of Whiteness and privilege,” challenge “notions of colorblindness (and) assumptions of ‘normal,’ ‘good,’ and ‘American’” and “understand and own European ancestry and see the tie to privilege.”

....they're also taught about segregation.

I never thought I'd live to see racism being taught to school children with segregation being used as the tool with which to teach it.

Not only that......

"Bank Street has created a dedicated space in the school for kids of color, where theyre embraced by minority instructors and encouraged to voice their feelings and share experiences about being a kid of color, according to school presentation slides obtained by The Post.

Meanwhile, white kids are herded into separate classrooms and taught to raise their awareness of the prevalence of Whiteness and privilege, challenge notions of colorblindness (and) assumptions of normal, good, and American and understand and own European ancestry and see the tie to privilege.

I never thought I'd live to see racism being taught to school children with segregation being used as the tool with which to teach it.

I feel black today and identifying as such. I'm going to the room to get cupcakes. Then I will identify as hypoglycemic and have 2.

Not only that......

"Bank Street has created a dedicated space in the school for kids of color, where theyre embraced by minority instructors and encouraged to voice their feelings and share experiences about being a kid of color, according to school presentation slides obtained by The Post.

Meanwhile, white kids are herded into separate classrooms and taught to raise their awareness of the prevalence of Whiteness and privilege, challenge notions of colorblindness (and) assumptions of normal, good, and American and understand and own European ancestry and see the tie to privilege.

You beat me to it. This sounds like segregation which I have always thought was wrong.

10 years ago I thought we were making progress in race relations. Just from observation and anecdotal evidence it seemed like we were. Observing my daughter (high shool age and college age) and her peers it seemed they were much more oblivious to race. They just got along and didn't understand what all the hubub about race was. I remember seeing an interview with Will I am and he said racism was dead for his generation. They didn't understand the fuss.

Now I don't think so. Now I think it's getting worse. This whole "white privilege" thing is turning the tables on racism. As the devil (white male baby boomer from the south) I have tried to treat people fairly regardless of race etc. I've worked with and had friends (oops, micro-aggression) of other races and we treat each other with respect and as equals. That's what I thought we were trying to get to. Now it's just getting more tribal. Divide everyone into groups. Count how many of each. It ain't helping and makes it worse IMHO.

In the words of Los Angeles philosopher, "can't we all get along?"

Edited by reddogblitz

Observing my daughter (high shool age and college age) and her peers it seemed they were much more oblivious to race. They just got along and didn't understand what all the hubub about race was. I remember seeing an interview with Will I am and he said racism was dead for his generation. They didn't understand the fuss.

Probably the smartest thing you've written here. Racism was almost completely in the rear-view mirror for young kids before Obama became president, and then we elected an inept fool who happened to be black, and whenever he was criticized, the left immediately made it about race and "funny-looking people." They even did it against the Clintons.

The reality is, the only reason race is such a big issue today is because it is center to Obama's career-long rhetoric. He's never wrong in his mind, so if you disagree with him, it's because (1) you're a racist, (2) he didn't explain it well enough for your stupid white privilege brain to accept or (3) you're a racist.

Probably the smartest thing you've written here. Racism was almost completely in the rear-view mirror for young kids before Obama became president, and then we elected an inept fool who happened to be black, and whenever he was criticized, the left immediately made it about race and "funny-looking people." They even did it against the Clintons.

The reality is, the only reason race is such a big issue today is because it is center to Obama's career-long rhetoric. He's never wrong in his mind, so if you disagree with him, it's because (1) you're a racist, (2) he didn't explain it well enough for your stupid white privilege brain to accept or (3) you're a racist.

It's racist to ignore a person's race. That's why they're pushing the idea that babies are born racist.

Edited by unbillievable

It's racist to ignore a person's race. That's why they're pushing the idea that babies are born racist.

There is psychological research indicating that people are actually born racist. I'm not sure how good the evidence is...but good enough to get published.