The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/02/us/new-york-albany-bus-attack/index.html?eref=rss_us

Three New York college students who said they were targets of a racially motivated attack face multiple charges for what prosecutors are calling a false claim.

A grand jury on Monday indicted Ariel Agudio, Asha Burwell and Alexis Briggs, all 20, each on a charge of third-degree assault and multiple counts of falsely reporting an incident, the Albany District Attorney's Office said.
Agudio and Burwell also face charges of harassment. Agudio also was charged with two counts of attempted assault.

The State University of New York at Albany rallied behind the students, who are black, when they came forward with claims that a group of white men and women attacked them on January 30 in a confrontation on a city bus. Students held a rally and university President Robert J. Jones said in a letter to students and faculty that he was "deeply concerned, saddened and angry about this incident."

Others came to their defense on social media using the hashtag #DefendBlackGirlsUAlbany. The People of Color Caucus issued a letter in support of them.
But university police said an investigation revealed that no one used racial epithets against the women. Instead, they assaulted another passenger and falsely reported the incident.
"What happened on the bus was not a 'hate crime,'" University Police Chief Frank Wiley said in February. "The only person we heard uttering racial epithets was one of the defendants."

In addition, they demand that the UCSD police department be “trained on bias within their department, and within the university as a whole, including but is [sic] not limited to racist, homophobic, xenophobic, gendered, transphobic” trends.

The ultimatum then goes on to call for specialized housing for various ethnic groups on campus ...[including]...Raza Interest Housing.

Do they even know what La Raza actually is? (Rhetorical question. Of course not.)

Do they even know what La Raza actually is? (Rhetorical question. Of course not.)

All they need to know is that La Raza aren't a bunch of white people flaunting their privilege.

So, not only do they propose segregation but full scholarships for illegals? Not bad ideas. We could send the people of different nations all back to their country of origin so that they could feel more comfortable with people of their kind while simultaneously revoking scholarships of people who earned them academically, and give them to people who broke our laws. Sounds reasonable to me.

In a follow-up to your linked story, 2 of the 3 girls making false accusations have been expelled, the 3rd getting a 2-year suspension:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/UAlbany-women-punished-by-college-for-bus-attack-7396568.php

this line made me laugh:

"In a letter responding to the women's dismissal, Burwell's lawyer Frederick Brewington said testimony against his client was filled with "Trumpisms." :lol:

In a follow-up to your linked story, 2 of the 3 girls making false accusations have been expelled, the 3rd getting a 2-year suspension:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/UAlbany-women-punished-by-college-for-bus-attack-7396568.php

this line made me laugh:

"In a letter responding to the women's dismissal, Burwell's lawyer Frederick Brewington said testimony against his client was filled with "Trumpisms." :lol:

Sounds like they were railroaded by the same school disciplinary system they'd use to railroad others.

No one ever considers that the tools they set up to promote their own interests and silence others can be turned against them.

Sounds like they were railroaded by the same school disciplinary system they'd use to railroad others.

No one ever considers that the tools they set up to promote their own interests and silence others can be turned against them.

They're just too stupid to think things through before they act. At this rate, nobody is going to have to take them on directly, because they're doing more harm to their movement than any organized opposition could.

SHUT UP, SNOWFLAKES:

College Students: Doing Tequila Shots on Cinco de Mayo Is Cultural Appropriation.

THEY DON’T WANT FRAT GUYS ENCROACHING ON THEIR TURF BECAUSE FRAT GUYS ARE BETTER DRESSED AND MORE LIKEABLE:

War on College Men: Fraternity Supports Women – Feminists Freak Out.

“Campus feminists published an op-ed, chastising the fraternities for their lack of self awareness in daring to address a ‘rampant’ problem head on, and calling the banners nothing more than a ‘cruel reminder’ that fraternities are cesspools of male privilege and impropriety.”

Translation: Men on campus are second-class citizens, present on sufferance. Know your place, peasants!

I'm of Irish descent, and I drink margaritas and tequila (Sauza Conmemmorativo exclusively) whenever the hell I damn well please, which is often. I'd start drinking Cognac on Cinco de Mayo just to piss the snowflakes off, but they apparently don't know enough about history to be offended by that.

I'm of Irish descent, and I drink margaritas and tequila (Sauza Conmemmorativo exclusively) whenever the hell I damn well please, which is often. I'd start drinking Cognac on Cinco de Mayo just to piss the snowflakes off, but they apparently don't know enough about history to be offended by that.

Am I allowed to drink Bordeaux and eat pate on Bastille Day??