The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

REMEMBER, ONE OF THE JUSTIFICATIONS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION IS THAT IT’S SUPPOSED TO FOSTER CRITICAL THINKING: 

Citing ‘gun violence,’ UVA cancels 21-gun salute portion of Veterans Day ceremony.

Can't blame them for this one.  Three 7-rifle volleys, and then they have to deal with several dozen emergency calls for gunshots on campus, lock down the campus and spend half the day running active shooter drills with campus security, Charlottesville police, VA state police, and God knows who else, then pay for the psychological counseling, plus deal with the disruption the two weeks' of protests will cause to the campus and city.

Zero tolerance and unbounded coddling of children sucks.  Much easier to cancel the event.  I'd have made the same choice...maybe release 21 balloons instead.

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'd have made the same choice...maybe release 21 balloons instead.

Releasing balloons that can destroy the environment?!? Balloons that can choke wildlife if they try to eat it?!?

That's not environmentally friendly or woke!

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Releasing balloons that can destroy the environment?!? Balloons that can choke wildlife if they try to eat it?!?

That's not environmentally friendly or woke!

Release the balloons, then shoot them with the 21-gun salute.  Problem solved!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/10/2019 at 7:21 PM, DC Tom said:

First of all, they didn't "go rogue."  The "employees" that cancelled the event run the Overby Center where the event was to be held, and they were well within their authority to cancel it. 

Second...the Overby Center was funded by the Freedom Forum. which is best known for funding the First Amendment Center at Vanderbilt, which makes this highly ironic.  :lol:

It sounds like they went rogue to me.  The admin indicates a unilateral decision was made without consulting “members of the university administration”. If these individuals are professors, I would submit they are indeed rogue scholars. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It sounds like they went rogue to me.  The admin indicates a unilateral decision was made without consulting “members of the university administration”. If these individuals are professors, I would submit they are indeed rogue scholars. 

Bill Clinton was a Cecil B. Rogue Scholar.

Edited by 3rdnlng

14 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It's better to be morally correct than factually accurate?

I am not on trial here. You seem to have typed a declaratory sentence yet ended with a question mark. I find this outrageous! 

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Bill Clinton was a Cecil B. Rogue Scholar.

Of course.  And you know what else?  Cecil is DEAD, and for  all the know it all fact checkers among us, by that I mean he is no longer living.  I suppose for all the Clinton apologist, that’s just another coincidence?? 

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

All because some douchebags on her social media started screaming bullschiff that the Salvation Army is anti-LGBTSIRNSDHWODEQ.

They should just replace the B word now. She's too stupid to fundraise.

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

If she were issuing a genuine threat, it would be to make the show twice as long.

Bring back the marching bands! Best show I saw at Rich Stadium was a marching band from Ohio (I think- old fuzzy memories). They played Dancing Fool by Zappa.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Bring back the marching bands! Best show I saw at Rich Stadium was a marching band from Ohio (I think- old fuzzy memories). They played Dancing Fool by Zappa.

people were upset they designated the end zone sections to bands, who were not sitting 2/3 of the game

37 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Hey, I was at that game!   Ohio U marching band.

Update:

The Salvation Army Responds to Pop Star Ellie Goulding’s Threat with Expert Level PR

The Salvation Army found itself facing down the outrage mob after it was announced that pop star Ellie Goulding would be performing at the Dallas Cowboys halftime show on Thanksgiving to kick off their annual “Red Kettle Campaign.” According to the mob, the charity that has been clothing and feeding the poor and destitute for over 150 years is an anti-LGBT organization.

Most organizations would have buckled and cowered in the face of the mob, but the Salvation Army isn’t most organizations.

More at the link 

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2019/11/15/salvation-army-responds-ellie-gouldings-threat-expert-pr/

liberals give nothing to charity out of their billions

did tax returns for the elites for many years, disgusting

so the Salvation Army will lose nothing from liberals?

make a donation if you like their stance, if you didn't already

• Like (+1) 1

When Bush Jr.gave us $300 tax rebate checks after 9-11 i sent the whole thing ro the Salvation Army of NYC.  I was moved by the sight of them having a massive setup to help the first responders within a day or two of the attacks. Got a nice  letter thanking  and blessing me.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 11/13/2019 at 11:56 AM, B-Man said:

Well that does it!!! I’m canceling my trip to Dallas! (Does this British girl really think I give a rats tail whether she sings a song while I’m standing at the urinal during halftime? Clueless)

22 hours ago, B-Man said:

Presuming thy're referring to East Asians who are more noticeable because of their higher numbers.  The South Asians are actually a greater indictment of all critical race theories, because their gains came in a much shorter time span and they are much darker in skin tone.

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

FOXY BROWN, ELLEN RIPLEY, SARAH CONNOR, JORDAN O’NEIL, NIKITA, LEELOO, DIANA PRINCE, ET AL, COULD NOT BE REACHED FOR COMMENT:

The ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Director Blames it Tanking on Men Not Wanting to Watch a Movie Starring Women.

iirc 9 to 5 was a smash hit at the box office.  Still the 20th highest grossing comedy film.

Maybe they just need to make better movies?

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

FOXY BROWN, ELLEN RIPLEY, SARAH CONNOR, JORDAN O’NEIL, NIKITA, LEELOO, DIANA PRINCE, ET AL, COULD NOT BE REACHED FOR COMMENT:

The ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Director Blames it Tanking on Men Not Wanting to Watch a Movie Starring Women.

Maybe they should focus on coming up with interesting stories featuring compelling characters, rather than spending hundreds of millions on poorly-written reboots that require poor attempts at guilt-tripping to try to get people to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

iirc 9 to 5 was a smash hit at the box office.  Still the 20th highest grossing comedy film.

Maybe they just need to make better movies?

If I recall, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Lucy Liu grossed a quarter-billion worldwide with a Charlie's Angels movie.  

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

If I recall, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Lucy Liu grossed a quarter-billion worldwide with a Charlie's Angels movie.  

Because they weren’t taking themselves seriously 

They were trying to be entertaining 

Another feminist movie bombs at the box office

by Silvio Canto Jr.

Original Article

• Like (+1) 1